Working on perfecting my digestive system :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
Darn! Fluke-less! lol

Well, either it's not killing them or they're not there...

But the thing is... have you noticed there really does seem to be a connection between "IBS" and Androgenetic Alopecia? I promise you it's the liver. But what the hell is wrong with it :(

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
forget about the parasites, worms etc.

do a nice easy cleanse.

- 100mg glutathione twice daily.

- a small dose of n-acetyl cysteine twice daily

- blackmores SPPC - sodium phosphate, potassium chloride with each meal

- and some sort of superfood for vitamins, minerals etc. (lots vit c)
for example dabur chyawanprash.

- oh, and some probiotics.

the glutathione will chelate heavy metals, The nac will make the body produce more glutathione on its own. The sodium phosphate will balance hydrochloric acid production, the potassium chloride will balance pH. The superfood will replenish vitamins and minerals that are chelated by accident, and stop heavy metals from resettling in tissues where they are being chelated from. and probiotics will replenish intestinal flora.

only do this once those animal drugs are well and truly out of ur system, and u know there was no damage done.

I did this yrs ago, and it made a huge difference to my G.I.T.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Thing is man, I've had this conversation with people before. My digestion can heal, I'm sure it can - I'm only 26 I'll be fine, but the problem is that something happened in around July 2009 that made it plummet and then caused thinning skin and male pattern baldness. My body didn't just turn around one morning and say "You know what? I think I'm going to suck today."

Something HAPPENED to it. I can take all the antioxidants and chelators I want, but the thing that happened is still going to be there.

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
Thing is man, I've had this conversation with people before. My digestion can heal, I'm sure it can - I'm only 26 I'll be fine, but the problem is that something happened in around July 2009 that made it plummet and then caused thinning skin and male pattern baldness. My body didn't just turn around one morning and say "You know what? I think I'm going to suck today."

Something HAPPENED to it. I can take all the antioxidants and chelators I want, but the thing that happened is still going to be there.

Maybe that was around the time you started taking all these "natural" remedies you started reading about on the internet.

:dunno:

Hoppi

Reaction score
No, the thing is my life was really quite careless and sloppy before all this started. I don't think I'd ever taken a supplement in my whole life. I'd never taken multivitamins even that I remember, and I'd never heard of CureZone or anything like that :)

I just hung out with friends, went to parties, got drunk, ate lots of junk food, lived rather nocturnally, worked on websites, smoked a bit, stuff like that :)

So, I mean of course I am very open to the idea that I caused it, but I really don't know either way.

What drives me is sheer determination to come out of the other side of this. You know?

I want to work out what happened back in 2009, fix it, so I can just live my life again healthy. It's horrible watching my hair fall out, having so much more hair on my body, having my skin looking very unhealthy, and having abdominal pains and bloating and all sorts, it really isn't very nice. I feel like if I just pretend my body is still healthy and just put minoxidil on my head or something, I'll be letting myself down, and my health will continue to decline.

I really, honestly, just can't let that happen :(

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you considered the possibility that it is mental?

The symptoms you describe are typical of depression and related psychiatric disorders.

Hoppi

Reaction score
dougfunny said:
Have you considered the possibility that it is mental?

The symptoms you describe are typical of depression and related psychiatric disorders.

Dougfunny come on man lol :)

I mean ANYTHING can be mental, but I think this is so focused around my digestive system, that I would be a complete fool for not trying to understand what caused it to become so "upset". The mind does have a large connection to one's digestive health, I know, but I have had an issue with stress for quite a few years to be honest, since around 20 (due to Uni). I could blame all manor of things, but I think if I'm going to find the cause of this problem, it's going to be a change within my GI tract (as will probably be true for many other people).

OH, additionally, a good friend of mine has been looking a lot into Candida, which is something I have never considered before to a huge degree, but again would explain things I've experienced. Bloating, increased toxins, malabsorption, food intolerances... also, of course candida is encouraged by bad diet, sugar, refined grains (pizzaaaaaa! ^_^), stress, etc.

I think I'm going to do a course of praziquantel, and if I see no flukes or tapeworms, I'll focus my efforts considerably more on things like candida.

It never occurred to me you see that overgrowths in the intestines could have a direct effect on the liver, because the two sections seem separate (at least relative to liver fat, or flukes, or tapeworms around where bile enters the intestines). However, apparently things like candida give off loads and loads of toxins, and it's well known for causing hormonal changes (and of course, as the liver now has ALL these new toxins to battle, it will be less able to cleanse the blood of unneeded hormones).

The big four for GI health seem to be bacteria, parasites, liver fat and candida/yeast, and the ratio of their impact seems to vary depending on the individual.

I'll keep learning, and I just really feel like I'm nearly at the end of this now, I just hope that feeling is correct :)

the Last Fight

Established Member
Reaction score
Youre f'd up a bit

Stop believing all the BS about cleanese and all that nonsense, you need to see a doctor and get the proper testing if you digestive system is all messed up. In the meantime clean up your diet, get plenty of water move your *** around and stop being so paranoid :whistle:

Hoppi

Reaction score
Cheers idontwanttobebalding :)

When I was first thinking about the potential role of the liver after someone alerted me to it as one of the core causes of male pattern baldness, I sat down for a while and thought hard about the raw logic.

I thought there are 3 places a hormonal imbalance can occur, with respects to male pattern baldness.

1) Too many androgens are being produced

2) Too few androgens are being removed

3) Too high a percentage of those androgens are being converted to DHT

Now, I know that loads of you are going to jump up and go "oo! it's the third one! the third one!"... but... how do we know that?

We know for a fact that things that increase androgenic activity (possibility 1) make or break male pattern baldness (steroids, IME green tea, etc). Increased levels of DHEA can also be a factor which is another reason why it's good to keep cholesterol and stress low.

It is possible that follicles become more sensitive (number 3), but can you see why I didn't opt for this in my diagnosis of myself? My symptoms accompanied a breakdown in digestive health. Why assume that, coincidental to this breakdown, my androgen receptors in my hair follicles all over my body became more sensitive all of a sudden?

Isn't it surely more logical to assume that a breakdown in digestive health would harm my liver (seeing as the liver is an integral part of digestion and connected to the whole process) and that this then caused the jump in androgenic activity I observed?

Often, the simplest solution really is the correct one.

Hoppi

G k

Established Member
Reaction score
Im sure glad I didnt spend my 20s digging through my sh*t looking for worms I thought were responsible for my hairloss...

Hoppi

Reaction score
G k said:
Im sure glad I didnt spend my 20s digging through my sh*t looking for worms I thought were responsible for my hairloss...

I'm sure glad I won't have to pile a chemical on my head twice a day for the rest of my life...

(sorry to be blunt man but you started it ._. I'm doing this for long term health. It's called LISTENING to your body, as opposed to trying to silence it. And for your information I don't look through my sh*t)

Hoppi

Reaction score
Man I still can't wait until all this is over though!

I've taken my second dose of Prazi now so I'll just see what happens!

In a way I kinda hope my friend is right about it being candida. Candida is fairly easy in that you just need to take antifungals and it slowly clears up by itself. So.. I dunno, I hope it's that! :)

G k

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
G k said:

I'm sure glad I won't have to pile a chemical on my head twice a day for the rest of my life...

(sorry to be blunt man but you started it ._. I'm doing this for long term health. It's called LISTENING to your body, as opposed to trying to silence it. And for your information I don't look through my sh*t)

You are the one who is constantly looking at your body as tho it is a broken machine...You underestimate the resilience of your body....And of course I listen to my body, I am very healthy and active. I don't listen to the sound of my hair falling out and think OH MY GOD I HAVE IMBALANCES AND PARASITES AND BAD KARMA....and.....and......
Hair loss just happens man and nothing is gonna stop it but chemicals that hurt the body, not anything that helps it. Because its not a disease. Its PURELY COSMETIC and you gotta admit that too yourself. You are in such denial, going on a rampage to "become healthy" as a veil for actually just being VAIN and wanting your hair back.

Just admit you are a vain prettyboy and you want your hair back. I dont care if you used to eat junk food and had a few cigs thats not enough to give you a disease that you think you are fighting now.

(if you havent noticed most people who begin losing their hair think its a disease they somehow brought on themselves through their lifestyle(i thought this too), because its easier to think this and believe its reversible than just accepting that its male pattern baldness like some old f*****g man you dread to become)

Hoppi

Reaction score
G k said:
Hoppi said:
[quote="G k":11e3olls]Im sure glad I didnt spend my 20s digging through my sh*t looking for worms I thought were responsible for my hairloss...

You are the one who is constantly looking at your body as tho it is a broken machine...You underestimate the resilience of your body....And of course I listen to my body, I am very healthy and active. I don't listen to the sound of my hair falling out and think OH MY GOD I HAVE IMBALANCES AND PARASITES AND BAD KARMA....and.....and......
Hair loss just happens man and nothing is gonna stop it but chemicals that hurt the body, not anything that helps it. Because its not a disease. Its PURELY COSMETIC and you gotta admit that too yourself. You are in such denial, going on a rampage to "become healthy" as a veil for actually just being VAIN and wanting your hair back.

Just admit you are a vain prettyboy and you want your hair back. I dont care if you used to eat junk food and had a few cigs thats not enough to give you a disease that you think you are fighting now.

(if you havent noticed most people who begin losing their hair think its a disease they somehow brought on themselves through their lifestyle(i thought this too), because its easier to think this and believe its reversible than just accepting that its male pattern baldness like some old f****ing man you dread to become)[/quote:11e3olls]

what about the fact that it directly followed my food intolerances and breakdown in digestive health, and skin problems?

I'm afraid.... you're wrong :(

EDIT -- Again you just have to remember how much all this is affecting me ._. There is a big family meal in April (that is actually quite near to my birthday) that I am EMBARRASSED to go to, not because of my hair (which still looks pretty much ok) but because I need to check to make sure everything I eat doesn't contain egg, or my stomach hurts so much - if it's raw egg I will have to go home basically, because I'm in for at least 12 hours of real pain and it usually makes me faint :(

Do you see what I mean? This is NOT just about my hair, something has broken in my body :(

Hoppi

Reaction score
Jacob said:
Have you looked more into probiotics....enzymes..etc?

Or this product..which is something I take: http://histame.com/

Yeah, I think you're right man :)

If I keep taking this praziquantel and get no worms at all, I will focus on candida, which basically means yeah - lots of strong probiotics, colloidal silver and also possibly/probably fluconazole (may as well show it whose boss eh? xD).

If it IS a fungus doing this to my gut... it won't live long inside ME! ^_^

Jacob

Reaction score
But my point is...it may have nothing to do with anything you think you may have living in you..although the probiotics can balance things and help with digestive disorders. It may just be a food allergy..or intolerance- see the Histame link.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Jacob said:
But my point is...it may have nothing to do with anything you think you may have living in you..although the probiotics can balance things and help with digestive disorders. It may just be a food allergy..or intolerance- see the Histame link.

but if it's just an allergy/intolerance, how come my health hasn't been the same since regardless of whether or not I eat eggs?

You have to remember that quite often these "intolerances" are actually only symptoms of underlying GI issues, such as cholesterol in the liver, parasites, bacteria or candida.

Jacob

Reaction score
Sometimes ppl all of a sudden develop an intolerance or allergy for whatever reason. On your second point- I agree...but probiotics alone could do the trick..sometimes all it takes is a Siliphos containing supplement for the liver(which is the type of "cleanse" I do from time to time)...sometimes drastic measures do not need to be taken..and could even make things worse.

I'd add fiber to the list btw.