Women's Hair Loss: Consistency Is Key, Everyday, Every Night!!

Hairisback

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been losing my hair for about 33 years. Slowly at first, then about 200 hairs a day. I literally tried everything from oils to Hair Club and Rogaine. I tried the Hair Max comb and massages. Went to many doctors of all kinds who gave me many tests and wanted to put me on depression meds. I was going to quit my job and stay indoors. I even bought nine wigs. Then, on a hunch, I tried Saw Palmetto Natures Answer 160 mg once in the morning and once at night. I was already taking 10k of Natures Valley Biotin morning and again at night. After a week of taking these, I noticed my hair loss slowed. I thought it was my imagination. I kept going for the second week and it pretty much stopped. The third week and everyday since I have noticed new hair and getting thicker. It grows overnight. I'm not a dr. so I would suggest checking with your dr. before taking anything. I'm grateful that I found this and wanted to share. It's been about two months and I only lose about five hairs a day and, at the most, 20 when washing and drying it. Best wishes to all!!!

Leslie5555

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm glad that hear Palmetto is working for you. I am starting on a natural DHT blocker regimen including pumpkinseed oil, biotin, inositol etc. I was on Spironolactone for eight years and it worked great. BUT now it doesn't work for me anymore. Anybody else out there have any luck with the natural DHT blocker's? please help

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guy here, but what role does DHT play in female alopecia? I'm surprised that would have any effect on a woman.

Jesscia zhou

My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry to hear this, for women, hair is our nature beauty, if cannot avoid loss, maybe you could try a human hair wig from irhair,they have good quality hair products.

Used to be a blonde

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guy here, but what role does DHT play in female alopecia? I'm surprised that would have any effect on a woman.
DHT does the same in women as it does in men .As you know women has small amounts of testosterone.Unfortunately some women produce more testosterone thus the hair loss.