Women don't even like men.

HughJass

Reaction score
I've been reading this book lately (google it and you can get a pdf for free). It's basically a critique of feminism written in the 70's by a woman. It's main thesis is that women are the ones responsible for perpetuating the stereotypes of women as weak, good-for-nothing housewives which they used to swindle men with. Amongst some of the more dated views about females which maybe don't apply as much, the hyperbole and generalizations there are some profound insights in it.

If you read the reviews on amazon there are men who have read it and said it changed them. Drastically. I can see why. I've seen the same sentiment expressed on forums about the book.

Although I haven't really accepted a lot of the ideas in there (probably because of a lack of understanding more than anything) there are a few ideas in there that have kind of hit me like a freight train once I let them stew in my brain over the space of a few days.

The main one being that women basically don't like men.

They don't care what they think of them, they don't like them physically and they are emotionless towards them. The reasons they get excited about a 'good looking' guy are not the same reasons men get excited about a hot girl (the desire to shag them). The reason they get turned on by a 'hot' guy, so the author contends is because it provides them an opportunity to make other women jealous. They don't care what guys think but they care deeply what other women think.

At first I thought that might be a tad cynical but then I just imagined a women eying up a guy and being consumed with thinking about how she would look in front of her friends with her on his arm. It seemed pretty hard to dismiss as mere cynicism when I thought about that.

Another reason the author says women like a guy with a 'good body' is because it says to them that he'd make a good workhorse (he can lift stuff for me around the house and if my safety is threatened by another male he could probably win in a fight).

Again, I thought this was mere cynicism but I fear the authors views are correct and most women are simply venal and heartless users who see men as nothing more than a utility to make their lives easier or an accessory to make other women envious. She makes a really good case for women being quite horrible creatures who manipulate men through a combination of sex and feigned emotion.

When I think about to some of the women I've been with I can definitely see some of these qualities in them and others mentioned in the book such as the sense of entitlement women have. Some examples include a girl telling me the guy 'should pay for everything', excepting to be picked up and carted around and be given little jobs to do (which I did because I was 'in love' with her), her crying before announcing something quite serious she assumed I'd be very angry at (I wasn't anyway though but now wonder if the waterworks were just an attempt to garner sympathy for the anger she was expecting, not because she was scared of me breaking up with her over it).

I now have the uncomfortable suspicion that this and other displays of emotion from her were totally fake and used purely for manipulative purposes.

How do you tell if it's real or not? How? Are we total fools who have just been played our whole lives? I know what you are thinking- that women are the more sensitive types and more emotional etc and could never use men like that- only men do such things. I believe this could be part of the propaganda. Just think back to some of the relationships you've had- did she trivialize your relationship in anyway? (cheating, hooking up with someone soon after, going out and having fun after telling you how cut up she was over it) did she expect you to do things all the time? did she take advantage of your kindness and let you spend money on her?

Men simply are not users of women like women are of men. It's bullshit when you think about it. A man might shag a bird and string her along so he can keep bonking her but would he allow her to pay for everything? to drive him places? to buy him nice clothes? you NEVER see that sh*t!

Tell me I'm wrong. Please. Because if I'm not then women are just more nasty then any of us could have imagined and they should definitely not be entertained beyond sex or friendship. That would be a very sad thing to realize.

I've also thought about the look on woman's face when she gets married. Am I wrong or is the same look on a marathon runners face when he wins at the olympics? I think it is, and it's very telling.

Pyro

Established Member
Reaction score
dude, men, women, everyone is an individual. The gender dosn't make the person. Over thinkin' it way too much.

cuebald

Reaction score
i've known a few girls who are genuinely in love with their boyfriends. usually though you only see the "passionate" love in girls who have got boyfriends who are out of their league and they know they won't get another guy like him.

Belmondo

Established Member
Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
[...] most women are simply venal and heartless users who see men as nothing more than a utility to make their lives easier or an accessory to make other women envious. [...]

Sounds like my ex.

Women are definitely more pragmatic but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I see nothing wrong in a woman that wants to marry a guy just to improve her lifestyle (which happens quite a lot). And we men are no angels either.

Women are b****s, men are brutes - that's how mankind works.

HughJass

Reaction score
Belmondo said:
And we men are no angels either.

I think the women have a far better deal though.

Look at the stuff they get done for them. When was the last time you saw a woman out on a construction site? It's men who build all the homes and hotels and shopping malls that women spend their time and money (usually their husband's) in.

Men spend their time creating things which will make woman's lives easier- home appliances, cosmetics to make themselves prettier, cars so they can drive around (or more likely be driven around by men in), plastic surgery techniques etc. Men make all of that stuff and they do it for women.

What does a woman have to do to attract a partner? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. She just has to sit there. She doesn't have to approach the man. She doesn't have to buy the drinks, he does. She doesn't have to make the first move and ask for her number, he does. She doesn't have to pay for the dinners out, he does. She rarely (if ever) is the one to initiate sex He has to make the effort with nice clothes, humor, good job etc. .If he's got none of those things he has no chance. She just has to sit there and reapply make up.

Men do everything and women expect it. They simply do not want to be independent and liberated. If nobody believes me then do nothing for your woman and see how long she hangs around. Don't buy her lavish presents, don't do things for her, don't do the type of work around the house which 'requires' a man (aren't we in the age of equality??), don't remember those silly little anniverseries, don't go out with her family when she demands it. She'll be gone in no time once she doesn't have a slave to command.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm currently unemployed. My wife buys everything. Shes also hotter than me. Try again.

While it is true that males are the ones to typically initiate sex and to seek out a partner, I believe that is a societal issue where it is seen as slutty for a woman to do these things. Blame society, and culture.

Also you could just buy a mail order bride if it bothers you so much.

HughJass

Reaction score
Agahi said:
I'm currently unemployed. My wife buys everything. Shes also hotter than me. Try again.

If I my ask, what were you employed as before that? what are you qualifications? I don't mean this to sound rude and cruel even though it does, but there's always the possibility she might only be paying for you because she sees you as a long term investment (for her benefit).

She could also be doing for nicer, selfless reasons of course though.

While it is true that males are the ones to typically initiate sex and to seek out a partner, I believe that is a societal issue where it is seen as slutty for a woman to do these things. Blame society, and culture.

yet every man in a relationship is accomodating of this behaviour!

Also you could just buy a mail order bride if it bothers you so much.

they're just as shallow and venal!

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
I was a telemarketer, and then a retail worker. I do some construction now, but I'm currently laid off (I max out at about 9.00 usd an hour). She is a Nurse (about 13.00 usd an hour starting out).

Maybe you are just thinking too much into these things. Men put up with the behavior because deep down we know that we do things that are not ideal to women as well(sports, video game obsession, being a dick all the time.. you know the usual).

Looking past what we don't like is a component of love, no one likes every last thing about any one person. In fact I like less about my friends(males) than I do about having to work a little or waiting a day to have sexual things happen.

Of course there is no way to prove that a woman loves a man, but you also cant prove otherwise either. I don't like "prove the unprovable" arguments in these kinds of discussions so please don't ask anyone to prove their arguments until you do as well.

HughJass

Reaction score
Agahi said:
I was a telemarketer, and then a retail worker. I do some construction now, but I'm currently laid off (I max out at about 9.00 usd an hour). She is a Nurse (about 13.00 usd an hour starting out).

Its not just about money, it's about reliability and tenacity. A man is a good investment for a woman if she knows he's going to always work, even if he earns less than her and has periods of unemployment. I'm not saying that is necessarily your situation of course.

Maybe you are just thinking too much into these things. Men put up with the behavior because deep down we know that we do things that are not ideal to women as well(sports, video game obsession, being a dick all the time.. you know the usual).

I think the issue is whether or not men are really aware of the extent of this behaviour and that it basically appears to pertain to almost every woman. Men can believe that gold diggers aren't that great in number but sadly I am at a loss to find and evidence which would suggest that there are woman who aren't this way. How many women don't delegate 'male' work to their husbands? How many are willing to support their husbands? How many don't use sex as a carrot and stick? How many aren't fazed if her friends and family don't like him?

As for video game obsession,sports etc being something which is unfair on women I think that is probably more nonsense played up women which men are supposed to feel guilty about. Those things are:

a)to some degree an escape from women which means they only have themselves to blame

b)absolutely nothing compared to what men are asked to put with which includes: any type work which a women says she can't do because she is woman which includes almost all work around the house, any dangerous work (again, for the same reason), all of the driving, her addiction to shopping which costs any household huge amounts of money, her withholding of sex as means of manipulation.

Looking past what we don't like is a component of love, no one likes every last thing about any one person.

But if women are exposed as nothing more than manipulative creatures, which I believe we can a pretty good case for then what is left over to love?

What is there about a woman which would make it all worth it? Sex is the only thing that comes to mind, which says everything.

Of course there is no way to prove that a woman loves a man, but you also cant prove otherwise either.

I believe it can be proven otherwise, which is why I started this thread. I think the author of the book listed some pretty good pieces of evidence which I've talked about- the unfair division of work between men and women, the use of sex as a carrot and stick, the fact that women spend most of the money in society, the entitled attitude of women expecting men to the ones who pay, the ones who drive, the ones who protect etc

The fact that women are willing to leave men if they don't marry them, even if the relationship as been going on for years should make any man really pause and think about things!

None of that sounds like love to me.

or waiting a day to have sexual things happen.

ah!

oni

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
Pyro said:
dude, men, women, everyone is an individual.

True to certain extent but do you know any woman who don't love shopping or talking about shopping?

Yes I do I dated one...........................she could think of nothing worse than clothes shopping or any other shopping..............

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think we - men - took the role of the protectors and use physical strength, so women had to develop a manipulative brain to get their way (survivability) thats what evolution is all about..

(and this is why men can work easier as a group (army units are great example for this) while women will argue alot and conspire behind each-others back)

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ori83 said:
(and this is why men can work easier as a group (army units are great example for this) while women will argue alot and conspire behind each-others back)
:agree:

HughJass

Reaction score
oni said:
Yes I do I dated one...........................she could think of nothing worse than clothes shopping or any other shopping..............

sure she was a woman?

she might have been a 'woman' :whistle:

HughJass

Reaction score
Ori83 said:
I think we - men - took the role of the protectors and use physical strength, so women had to develop a manipulative brain to get their way (survivability) thats what evolution is all about..

Ori knows the score :salut:

Do you think it's possible to trust any woman? Or are we just fighting against nature here? should we just give up and expect much less from these she-devils?

and why hasn't CCS chimed in yet? this topic is his bread and butter!

oni

Reaction score
:baaa:
just as bad as when women say all men are the same...........

HughJass

Reaction score
it's true that all men are the same:

-we aren't backstabbers
-we don't get all of our enjoyment in life from shopping
-we're willing to do heavy, dangerous work which benefits all of mankind
-we do all the driving
-we build awesome things
-we don't watch the kardashians
-we don't buy gossip magazines
-we don't use people just to get expensive dinners for free
-we don't reject prospective partners on the basis of their salaries
-we are the ones who always make the first move and risk rejection

Admit it Oni!

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm sort of caught in the middle on this issue...

I made it my life's principle to be PC, but I do agree that women can be manipulative...

Actually, now that I'm old enough and I can see what's going on around me, I notice that even my own mother who I love is manipulative towards me.

I guess, when we are on the same page with the opposite sex, it doesn't feel like manipulation but more like cooperation. When things take a wrong turn, it does become a power struggle between the sexes, and their main weapon is a manipulative brain...

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
Do you think it's possible to trust any woman? Or are we just fighting against nature here? should we just give up and expect much less from these she-devils?

Ha :p She-devils a nice way to put it :p why do you think *all* women are like this?

and btw, economy is shifting drastically last few decades, from manufacturing-based industry (a field where men had the advantage) towards service based industry which leans more towards female field (where your mouth = money) - backed up by stupid feminists organizations all that crap - women become stronger and stronger by the minute .. kinda scary if you think about it.. and not very "natural"

oni

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
it's true that all men are the same:

-we aren't backstabbers
-we don't get all of our enjoyment in life from shopping
-we're willing to do heavy, dangerous work which benefits all of mankind
-we do all the driving
-we build awesome things
-we don't watch the kardashians
-we don't buy gossip magazines
-we don't use people just to get expensive dinners for free
-we don't reject prospective partners on the basis of their salaries
-we are the ones who always make the first move and risk rejection

Admit it Oni!

-we aren't backstabbers = You really need to check out the corporate world....

-we don't get all of our enjoyment in life from shopping = You really need to stop dating the girly girl type...............

-we're willing to do heavy, dangerous work which benefits all of mankind = Yes I agree we are seen as the disposable sex........role on true equality!

-we do all the driving........................thats your fault if you let it go on.

-we build awesome things..........................and said awesome things cause us lots of problem.

-we don't watch the kardashians..................AGAIN you are talking about girly girls.

-we don't buy gossip magazines............................ :uglylol:

-we don't use people just to get expensive dinners for free...........................Speak for yourself.......

-we don't reject prospective partners on the basis of their salaries.................Girly girls...

-we are the ones who always make the first move and risk rejection....................Well good luck with that one..............