"without Any Doubt, There Has Never Been A Better Year Than This One In The Hair Loss Research"

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel for you older guys, I really do

I'm 24 and I'm told this is still "young". In a few years, when Tsuji's treatment is out - I'll be in my late 20s or possibly early 30s. "Youth" is over at that point. Honestly, if you've lost cosmetically significant amounts of hair in your mid 20s, you can find solace in knowing that it likely won't be a lifelong thing for us. However, your youth, the best years of most people's lives, will have more or less passed by the time you get your hair back. You'll have your confidence back when it comes to social interactions and dating, but it will not be the same. Unless you can score younger women, most women at this point will be carrying baggage and their biological clock is ticking. Lots of them will be single moms, divorced maybe, well into careers and other responsibilities.

The carefree, galavanting around, party hard lifestyle where you can easily spend time with lots of different, attractive young women to find out what kind of woman you really want to spend forever with and/or intentionally impregnate are days long gone by at this point.

I'm fortunate enough to have found meaning in life as a professional composer. Hairloss damaged my confidence there as in my line of work, I attend a lot of different events to meet new clients and first impressions are everything - it's hard to be my normal, charismatic self when I hate looking in the mirror. So, at least I'll be able to gain that confidence back with hair and it will always mean something beyond body image for dating purposes.

With women, though? I've accepted that I prioritized my music a little too much. I spent all of my teenage years and early adulthood practicing, studying etc. and by the time I started seizing opportunities with women (most of whom actually were older than me), it wouldn't be long before hairloss hit swiftly and I went from being able to get with 7s and 8s to probably being able to get with a 5...6 on a real good day and I just can't bring myself to date women I'm repulsed by. So getting back to my old self, image wise, in my late 20s or early 30s is fantastic...but it's a consolation prize, because what should've been my "prime" years are now behind me and they are never coming back.

Nobody gets everything in life. Not everything.
That's real rough man. Not to take away from anything you said, but the average age of marriage in the US is 29. You'll be on track to beat the average if Tsuji pans out. All is not lost!

Heat06

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess my mentality is different on here. Maybe it's because I'm already dating a smoke bomb even with hairloss issues and don't have a problem in that area. Regardless, it doesn't change the fact I want to fix my hair issue and not wait anymore. Hot girlfriend or not, single or not, I just want my damn hair because it makes ME feel good. Period.

I'm 30 years old and on my way fast to 31. I'll most likely be married within the next 2 years. What's my dilemma? Having to take wedding photos with a diffuse crown and a bleeped up hairline for the world to see. I want a fix now. I won't wait.

You all throw out there 3 years, 4 years, 5 years. That is NOT around the corner. Being 34 at that time and "hoping" something of significance is released to help my hair is not a good strategy. I look at it simply. We don't know if any of these proposed treatments work to the degree YOU want them to work. You don't know when or if they will ever be released. Nobody knows. I wouldn't be surprised if these proposed treatments pass on by like a fart in the wind. So then what?

I have the financial means right NOW to fix my hair. Maybe others aren't as fortunate, which is why this thread gets the traction it has. So what are my options then? Hair transplant! Period. There is nothing else, nothing else but hope and patience for the future and I have zero of that.

I wish everyone on here the best with hoping one or any of these treatments ever come out. I really do. But to sit there and cross your fingers hoping all these treatments save you is not a smart strategy. It screams, "but I have no choice."

I'm choosing to fix myself now at 30 versus watching me deteriorate for another 3, 4, 5 years from now that you all love to throw around like that's tomorrow. That's ages away.

Good luck with your strategy.

Breyfogle

Established Member
Reaction score
Some of you footie-pajama wearing snapperheads need a sack transplant. "Co-dependency" is when your happiness depends on others. Some b**ch-*** BS if you ask me. Needing a woman (or anyone) to validate you as a person means you failed as a person.

Bill Sussman

My Regimen
Reaction score
is it Co-dependency? or the simple idea of the efforts you put into something paying off? so in a sense I guess we should say that making it to the top in your career path would be relying on co-dependency of an external factor to validate your existence. or insert other example here. it isn't dependence on anything, but a life without pursuing the near "impossible" is just plain f*****g boring.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess my mentality is different on here. Maybe it's because I'm already dating a smoke bomb even with hairloss issues and don't have a problem in that area. Regardless, it doesn't change the fact I want to fix my hair issue and not wait anymore. Hot girlfriend or not, single or not, I just want my damn hair because it makes ME feel good. Period.

I'm 30 years old and on my way fast to 31. I'll most likely be married within the next 2 years. What's my dilemma? Having to take wedding photos with a diffuse crown and a bleeped up hairline for the world to see. I want a fix now. I won't wait.

You all throw out there 3 years, 4 years, 5 years. That is NOT around the corner. Being 34 at that time and "hoping" something of significance is released to help my hair is not a good strategy. I look at it simply. We don't know if any of these proposed treatments work to the degree YOU want them to work. You don't know when or if they will ever be released. Nobody knows. I wouldn't be surprised if these proposed treatments pass on by like a fart in the wind. So then what?

I have the financial means right NOW to fix my hair. Maybe others aren't as fortunate, which is why this thread gets the traction it has. So what are my options then? Hair transplant! Period. There is nothing else, nothing else but hope and patience for the future and I have zero of that.

I wish everyone on here the best with hoping one or any of these treatments ever come out. I really do. But to sit there and cross your fingers hoping all these treatments save you is not a smart strategy. It screams, "but I have no choice."

I'm choosing to fix myself now at 30 versus watching me deteriorate for another 3, 4, 5 years from now that you all love to

Think you're in the wrong section mate

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm choosing to fix myself now at 30 versus watching me deteriorate for another 3, 4, 5 years from now that you all love to throw around like that's tomorrow. That's ages away.

3 - 5 years is absolutely nothing - you'll be an old man before you know it. It has been proven that time appears to move faster as you age since a single year is but a small percentage of the total time you've experienced, there are few discoveries of such profound significance to be made of the world around as compared to a child's experience and you will inevitably be in more of a routine. The wait from age 40 - 80 is psychologically comparable to a 5 year old waiting to turn 10 as you must wait 100% of the time you've already lived. Only this time, 1 year is a very small percent.

So, I take solace in the treatments in waiting because although I only started finasteride and minoxidil a few months ago, I'm shedding like mad. I know this supposedly is a result of the treatments "working", but I seem to have thinner temples and seem to have legit lost hair on the sides and I understand finasteride, minoxidil and nizoral don't usually give you that back. I want to believe that the current treatments will help me, but considering I went from full head of hair 12 months ago to rapidly thinning hair on the crown, NW2.5 and thinning sides in front of the ears, the "honest me" suspects my hairloss is simply too aggressive to be saved. So what good is a transplant again? Histogen will not be feasible for me to travel to Mexico back and forth or stay there to get the treatment - so that's basically out of the question.

So then what?

So then what? Well, there's nothing left for me then. I say this out of truth and not depressed ravings - if I were to go to bed knowing I wouldn't see tomorrow's sunrise, I'd be fine with that. I've got most of the "accomplishments" I ever cared about doing because I worked my *** off for it throughout my teenage years and up until now. I guess for me women are kind of the "final frontier" aside from traveling a few places I've wanted to go. More than that, I value being in control of my appearance and hair was something that not only me, but other people saw as a part of my identity. Being who I want to be inside and out is of utmost value to me. If I lose that, it will subsequently take all of the few remaining "goals" with it. So if it ever comes to that and none of the future treatments come to pass, I'd much prefer to wake up dead than live out miserable days watching more than just cosmetic health deteriorate.

BruceMackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
3 - 5 years is absolutely nothing - you'll be an old man before you know it. It has been proven that time appears to move faster as you age since a single year is but a small percentage of the total time you've experienced, there are few discoveries of such profound significance to be made of the world around as compared to a child's experience and you will inevitably be in more of a routine. The wait from age 40 - 80 is psychologically comparable to a 5 year old waiting to turn 10 as you must wait 100% of the time you've already lived. Only this time, 1 year is a very small percent.

So, I take solace in the treatments in waiting because although I only started finasteride and minoxidil a few months ago, I'm shedding like mad. I know this supposedly is a result of the treatments "working", but I seem to have thinner temples and seem to have legit lost hair on the sides and I understand finasteride, minoxidil and nizoral don't usually give you that back. I want to believe that the current treatments will help me, but considering I went from full head of hair 12 months ago to rapidly thinning hair on the crown, NW2.5 and thinning sides in front of the ears, the "honest me" suspects my hairloss is simply too aggressive to be saved. So what good is a transplant again? Histogen will not be feasible for me to travel to Mexico back and forth or stay there to get the treatment - so that's basically out of the question.

So then what? Well, there's nothing left for me then. I say this out of truth and not depressed ravings - if I were to go to bed knowing I wouldn't see tomorrow's sunrise, I'd be fine with that. I've got most of the "accomplishments" I ever cared about doing because I worked my *** off for it throughout my teenage years and up until now. I guess for me women are kind of the "final frontier" aside from traveling a few places I've wanted to go. More than that, I value being in control of my appearance and hair was something that not only me, but other people saw as a part of my identity. Being who I want to be inside and out is of utmost value to me. If I lose that, it will subsequently take all of the few remaining "goals" with it. So if it ever comes to that and none of the future treatments come to pass, I'd much prefer to wake up dead than live out miserable days watching more than just cosmetic health deteriorate.

I am in a similar boat at 22. My full head turned into a NW3V within about 18 months and I am losing hair from my sides as well, which was a nice kick in the teeth a few months before I was supposed to book a hair transplant. I think in this game you have to be patient and realistic, hold what you can until something new comes, that's all some of us can do. Hopefully if we are lucky each new treatment will bridge us until the next. I can remember each time I found something new thinking it would be the cure for me, first Alpecin shampoo (wtf was I thinking), then Rogaine, then finasteride. Although some of these treatments helped, of course they didn't solve the problem to any considerable degree. Then transplants were the holy grail as I read every post I could with rose-tinted spectacles. When that possibility was shut to me, for now anyway, I have turned to these new upcoming treatments as my saviour. It's hard to establish whether I still have those rosey spectacles on or whether this is the real deal. I think if I had lived through the hope and then ultimate failure of many of these treatments over the years I would be highly sceptical as well. But ultimately it is better to live in optimism than pessimism in regard to a subject such as hair. I would rather take the ups and downs than live in constant misery.

Bill Sussman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am in the same boat too. Traveling to Mexico several times a year for injections sounds overkill to me and very expensive. I mean, I live in TX now but i'll be moving back near NYC in a few days, so I can no longer just hop in the car and drive to the border. If Shiseido works the way it is planned to, that may be a realistic scenario for me to try out to bridge the gap... But as of right now, I am fully confident in Tsuji to deliver before i hit the big 3-0. sh*t... if the dream scenario plays out, I will be 26-27. Which if I focus on the other areas of my life and actually thrive at them, my late 20s-30s could end up being an extremely enjoyable time of my life. Full head of hair, successful, and the self assurance that comes from overcoming this nightmare, knowing the worst days of it are behind me. I can already see it now, the feeling of wind in my hair driving that Nissan Skyline I dreamed of through the streets of Tokyo... All that aside, us young guys in the 20-25 range have it extremely lucky with these new treatments on the horizon. Kinda sucks that in a sense we are wishing the next 3-5 years away, but I'm fully confident in Tsuji and his work. After all, he's not aiming for hair loss, he's aiming for full organ regeneration, and hair is just the first step in that process. Here's to hoping his interview reinforces our confidence in his work. I'm pumped.

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
Way i see it: take your age and add 5 years (this value is 'X')

Now say, "When I'm 'X' I'll have a full head of hair"*

I really like the sound of that.

Chance it might not occur, but for once i think this is less likely than the probability of it actually occurring.

*and fair chance you'll have marked improvement within the next 2 - 3 years via histogen, our Italian friend or other

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So the people who are confident that the cure will be released soon, are the ones who have only just started dealing with hair loss. they haven't seen the exact same hype that has been repeated many times over.
I remember when people honestly thought Balayam was a cure (because the guy wasn't selling anything, it must be a cure, right?) it went

people posting wierd science links, then lots of people saying they are trying it
one guy posting saying he is having unbelievable results, but not showing any pictures
any pictures posted are mediocre (for a cure, you should be able to see a CLEAR difference or it is bunk)
posters who are skeptical get badgered with the exact same "don't be negative" stuff

after a few months people realise they are not getting results, and the thread and subject slowly dies, and nobody will admit to having believed in it at all

i hope there will be a cure by 2020 but unless I see proof (proof being ONE good photo of before/after showing clear difference - even if it is a closeup of a small region) - this is all the same waffle we've read for the past 15 years

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So the people who are confident that the cure will be released soon, are the ones who have only just started dealing with hair loss. they haven't seen the exact same hype that has been repeated many times over.
I remember when people honestly thought Balayam was a cure (because the guy wasn't selling anything, it must be a cure, right?) it went

people posting wierd science links, then lots of people saying they are trying it
one guy posting saying he is having unbelievable results, but not showing any pictures
any pictures posted are mediocre (for a cure, you should be able to see a CLEAR difference or it is bunk)
posters who are skeptical get badgered with the exact same "don't be negative" stuff

after a few months people realise they are not getting results, and the thread and subject slowly dies, and nobody will admit to having believed in it at all

i hope there will be a cure by 2020 but unless I see proof (proof being ONE good photo of before/after showing clear difference - even if it is a closeup of a small region) - this is all the same waffle we've read for the past 15 years

Your argument has been made a hundred times already, and while I can definitely see why you'd have that stance, it doesn't hold any logic to it. The past does not dictate the future, saying "nothing has worked previously so nothing will work in the future" does not make sense

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah well I hope you are all right. OFC i am not saying i want everyone to remain bald. (I want everyone to be bald but myself :D and a few deserving members here :D)

whatever happened to RU? and CB?

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As far as I know both are still good treatments, bur aren't super easy to get a hold of. I will be adding one of them to my regime by the end of the year, I've read that they work well for guys who still lose ground on finasteride, like myself

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ah right, yeah I remember discounting them now as I am already on finasteride, which inhibits 99% of 5ar anyway; i was waiting for treatments with a new mechanism of action - i got my hopes up reading about the italian lotion, but then the last few pages in the thread atm (e.g. the woman saying she has got mega regrowth, yet her facebook account has her uploading pictures dated today with a completely slick head plus the other things) - it just reminded me of the old days.

jh94

My Regimen
Reaction score

This isn't really true at all. Actually, the size of your brain determines the rate at which you experience time, often giving adults the feeling that time runs faster as they reach adulthood.

https://www.quora.com/Perception-Do-different-animals-including-humans-perceive-time-differently

Some of you guys will do anything to put yourselves down.