With All These Upcoming Treatments, How Likely Is It For Us Get Hair Like This

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven´t seen a single post so far in this thread where you get discouraged from using the big 3. All I said was that I (each to their own...) prefer the optimistic aproach to the pessimistic, or what you might call realistic...
You can bet, that there are many people who are browsing these forums won´t start Finasteride, because they trust on these new treatments such as the Brotzu lotions being available very soon. Apart from that I have no problem with you or other people being "optimistic" about the hair loss future, it is just that I don´t care anymore, but rather focus on my present regimen.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
you're a very intelligent person and debate VERY well. Your arguments would be even MORE substantial and cut deeper without the insults. just my two cents. ;)

Well, that's mighty kind of you, Buck and I will take this advice into consideration, however

16221790.gif

You can bet, that there are many people who are browsing these forums won´t start Finasteride, because they trust on these new treatments such as the Brotzu lotions being available very soon. Apart from that I have no problem with you or other people being "optimistic" about the hair loss future, it is just that I don´t care anymore, but rather focus on my present regimen.

Everyone has to make their choice and live with the consequences.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Swooping, that is a really long post and this is a Saturday morning, so I'll TL:DR. What evidence is there that Tsuji is going to be successful where ARI failed? Growing hair shafts with cultured DP cells on mice is not a big deal. Growing terminal hairs repeatedly and reliably on humans is a big deal, what is the evidence Tsuji can do it?

Trust is great. I prefer some evidence.

Interesting you say that it's about creating new follicles. Cotsarelis' method was the first to demonstrate creating new follicles.

None yet. But the team/guy that succeeds in culturing these cells will highly likely be able to make fresh new follicles. And the cells probably don't even have the be perfect in terms of signature expression to induce a hair follicle.

ARI relied on hype. That's why Washenik could drag that company out for so long while pulling in the $$$. They probably put those cells in a petri dish with a medium and observed so that they multiply without analyzing them, then they just injected them. That's not exactly how you need to do it.

Washenik furthermore isn't really a scientist come on, he is a business type of guy. Pulling in money for himself is his primary goal. He does a good job at that though.

Can't have faith in people like Washenik/Cotsarelis and recently Christiano (JAKS) too. They talk on a kiddy scientific level. I would literally destroy Cotsarelis and Garza regarding the PGD2 angle even years ago and so would I destroy Christiano on the JAK angle.

"Cures" my ***, at best 2nd or 3th tier treatments, lmao. Observations don't lie.

But they behave the way they do, just for personal benefit. Which is understandable. I mean they got to survive too. It's the system mate.

And I do have faith in Tsuji, so we'll see.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
How strongly do you expect Tsuji's treatment to actually make it to be around in 2020, @Swoop?

No clue, but I trust them on their word and so we'll see their method in human clinical trials shortly. That will be the turning point, will they be able to induce hair follicles or not? That time will be exciting, that's for sure.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No clue, but I trust them on their word and so we'll see their method in human clinical trials shortly. That will be the turning point, will they be able to induce hair follicles or not? That time will be exciting, that's for sure.

If they succeed, are you throwing a party?

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
Aderans had some hair growth in people wihich had specific gene expressed. So basically their so called "cure" would have worked in a subset of people. We discussed this on BTT back in the day. So it is no wonder that they went bust.

Here is the exact qoute from Pate (he was a standup guy) from BTT:

They said they will test for the markers after they take the biopsy. So you still need to get a 1 sq cm flap of skin taken off the back of your head and you'll still have a scar.

Presumably they will give you your money back if it turns out you don't have the markers.

But that'll depend on who's selling it. If it's one of these dodgy hair restoration clinics who will be falling over themselves to license Aderans' tech, they'll probably tell you you're a responder just because you have like one out of ten markers. Then you'll grow three new hairs and they'll use that as an excuse not to refund you.

That's what they do already when they presribe you minoxidil and saw palmetto.

rdawg,

The markers information suggests it won't have maintenance if you're not a responder. Washenik didn't go into great details but he seems to be saying in that vid that if you don't have the genetic markers, the cells that are replicated aren't capable of generating hair.

This is probably why it took them so damn long to get through Phase II. They kept having to re-run year-long trials to try and find out why only 60% or less were responding. That's what they came up with.

So much about Aderans!!!!
So this is why I trust Tsuji and a collaboration of 3 different companies much more than Aderans.

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
None yet. But the team/guy that succeeds in culturing these cells will highly likely be able to make fresh new follicles. And the cells probably don't even have the be perfect in terms of signature expression to induce a hair follicle.

ARI relied on hype. That's why Washenik could drag that company out for so long while pulling in the $$$. They probably put those cells in a petri dish with a medium and observed so that they multiply without analyzing them, then they just injected them. That's not exactly how you need to do it.

Washenik furthermore isn't really a scientist come on, he is a business type of guy. Pulling in money for himself is his primary goal. He does a good job at that though.

Can't have faith in people like Washenik/Cotsarelis and recently Christiano (JAKS) too. They talk on a kiddy scientific level. I would literally destroy Cotsarelis and Garza regarding the PGD2 angle even years ago and so would I destroy Christiano on the JAK angle.

"Cures" my ***, at best 2nd or 3th tier treatments, lmao. Observations don't lie.

But they behave the way they do, just for personal benefit. Which is understandable. I mean they got to survive too. It's the system mate.

And I do have faith in Tsuji, so we'll see.

So, we have a guy who hasn't presented evidence, has made bold projections and promises, and that's good enough for you? Seriously, is this a religious cult or is this science?

You could destroy Cotsarelis on the PGD2 angle years ago? I think we are getting ahead of ourselves, or you don't understand the PGD2 angle. (It's not an angle, it's not that exciting from a treatment POV, but it's an important step that tells us another step in the process, and more importantly helps us understand the morphology of male pattern baldness). And Cotsarelis has never touted PGD2 inhibition as a cure for Androgenetic Alopecia. That's forum posters who are doing that.

The fact that Cotsarelis has a big mouth and is out there raising money is a good thing. We need people like that to be visible bringing this science to the clinical mainstream and raising money for treatments. Thanks to him Follica was able to raise money from legitimate VC investors, and it's thanks to him that an actual pharma company has invested in an Androgenetic Alopecia treatment for the first time since Propecia. It's either that or we can go back to the 80s.

Last edited:

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The fact that Cotsarelis has a big mouth and is out there raising money is a good thing. We need people like that to be visible bringing this science to the clinical mainstream and raising money for treatments. Thanks to him Follica was able to raise money from legitimate VC investors, and it's thanks to him that an actual pharma company has invested in an Androgenetic Alopecia treatment for the first time since Propecia. It's either that or we can go back to the 80s.
I really wonder about this, crap companies such as Uber or AirBnb raise billions even though they offer something which is basically available already for one more than a century (Hotels and Taxis), yet scientists who are struggling to cure hair loss don´t get enough money. :mad:

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, we have a guy who hasn't presented evidence, has made bold projections and promises, and that's good enough for you? Seriously, is this a religious cult or is this science?

You could destroy Cotsarelis on the PGD2 angle years ago? I think we are getting ahead of ourselves, or you don't understand the PGD2 angle. (It's not an angle, it's not that exciting from a treatment POV, but it's an important step that tells us another step in the process, and more importantly helps us understand the morphology of male pattern baldness). And Cotsarelis has never touted PGD2 inhibition as a cure for Androgenetic Alopecia. That's forum posters who are doing that.

Cotsarelis has been highly erroneous, whether you like it or not. False promises and nonsense coming out of his mouth.

Tsuji hasn't till now. Fact. Capiche?

Yes I would destroy him any day about the PGD2 stuff. L'oreal scientists actually already hinted at prostaglandins having some implications in Androgenetic Alopecia back in the 2000 (Bernard et al.). L'oreal later co-funded Cotsarelis his research. We know that prostaglandins have a role in the hair follicle cycle from the 90's too..

PGD2 having a primary role in Androgenetic Alopecia? We'll see how setipiprant will do! Allergan will fail hard both with seti and bima. They don't care though. Kythera brought them Kybella. Ka-CHING $$$! Besides they have enough money.

Prostaglandins having (big) implications in hair follicle cycle function itself, yeah sure. We know that since a long time..But that's not the same as Androgenetic Alopecia.

You say that PGD2 isn't exciting from a treatment POV. Well since it isn't exciting, it likely means it doesn't play a major role in Androgenetic Alopecia? If it did play a major role in Androgenetic Alopecia, the angle would probably be exciting from a treatment POV, and that's what we need. Yet it has been touted by Garza/Cotsarelis like almost some holy grail cure. Not only by forum members.

Cotsarelis his words when Desmond interviewed him in 2014:

I brought up the crowdfunding idea particularly with regards to Follica and he said the amount necessary is quite large. So I insisted on an actual amount and here's what he said: "US $2 million would bring out a product that would be more effective than Minoxidil and Propecia but would not give a bald person a full head of hair. US $20 million will provide the kind of funding necessary to give someone who is already bald a full head of hair but it will take more years to accomplish".

LOL. I can not even... I still laugh so hard at that statement. A clown statement it is indeed.

I rest my case.

Two teams really matter currently the most:

1. Tsuji & co.

2. Lauster & co. (these guys actually deserve funding too).

Last edited:

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who are these people, again?

These guys:

https://www.tissuse.com/en/products/regenerative-therapies/

Somewhat the same concept as Tsuji.

I bet A.M Christiano will move forward into the same direction too which would be very good:

With her second startup, Rapunzel, Christiano aims to solve a big problem in hair transplant surgery: It requires removing hair from one part of the body to transplant it elsewhere. But there’s only a finite amount of hair to harvest from one’s own body.

That’s why she wants to grow hair in the lab.

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
Cotsarelis has been highly erroneous, whether you like it or not. False promises and nonsense coming out of his mouth.

Tsuji hasn't till now. Fact. Capiche?

Yes I would destroy him any day about the PGD2 stuff. L'oreal scientists actually already hinted at prostaglandins having some implications in Androgenetic Alopecia back in the 2000 (Bernard et al.). L'oreal later co-funded Cotsarelis his research. We know that prostaglandins have a role in the hair follicle cycle from the 90's too..

PGD2 having a primary role in Androgenetic Alopecia? We'll see how setipiprant will do! Allergan will fail hard both with seti and bima. They don't care though. Kythera brought them Kybella. Ka-CHING $$$! Besides they have enough money.

Prostaglandins having (big) implications in hair follicle cycle function itself, yeah sure. We know that since a long time..But that's not the same as Androgenetic Alopecia.

You say that PGD2 isn't exciting from a treatment POV. Well since it isn't exciting, it likely means it doesn't play a major role in Androgenetic Alopecia? If it did play a major role in Androgenetic Alopecia, the angle would probably be exciting from a treatment POV, and that's what we need. Yet it has been touted by Garza/Cotsarelis like almost some holy grail cure. Not only by forum members.

Cotsarelis his words when Desmond interviewed him in 2014:

I brought up the crowdfunding idea particularly with regards to Follica and he said the amount necessary is quite large. So I insisted on an actual amount and here's what he said: "US $2 million would bring out a product that would be more effective than Minoxidil and Propecia but would not give a bald person a full head of hair. US $20 million will provide the kind of funding necessary to give someone who is already bald a full head of hair but it will take more years to accomplish".

LOL. I can not even... I still laugh so hard at that statement. A clown statement it is indeed.

I rest my case.

Two teams really matter currently the most:

1. Tsuji & co.

2. Lauster & co. (these guys actually deserve funding too).

Cotsarelis has not been highly erroneous, Cotsarelis has been one of the, if not the most productive researcher in Androgenetic Alopecia research. If you don't think PGD2 has a significant role in Androgenetic Alopecia, then I don't think you understand the science, there's a little bit more going on than what you describe about the "hair follicle cycle". Plus, PGD2 based treatments are not even a focus for Cots, that's been licensed off to Kythera. I don't know why you keep talking about it.

As for Cotsarelis' words to Desmond. He was obviously BSing. He's not going (or even allowed) to give away sensitive, non-public information to people on online forums, nor does he owe it to us.

TL:DR - Tsuji has proven nothing, has presented no evidence, has made claims and promises about solving a significant roadblock, but without any data. Thanks for confirming, that's what I wanted to know.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, where did that come from? I've never heard of it. Have they done clinical trials? How are they not in that pipeline?
Sorry if I sound ignorant.

They have performed quite some research already. Are top-tier imo. They just need funding AFAIK to engage into clinical trials. Hopefully they will do that ASAP. Would be great to have them into the game.

Cotsarelis has not been highly erroneous, Cotsarelis has been one of the, if not the most productive researcher in Androgenetic Alopecia research. If you don't think PGD2 has a significant role in Androgenetic Alopecia, then I don't think you understand the science, there's a little bit more going on than what you describe about the "hair follicle cycle". Plus, PGD2 based treatments are not even a focus for Cots, that's been licensed off to Kythera. I don't know why you keep talking about it.

As for Cotsarelis' words to Desmond. He was obviously BSing. He's not going (or even allowed) to give away sensitive, non-public information to people on online forums, nor does he owe it to us.

TL:DR - Tsuji has proven nothing, has presented no evidence, has made claims and promises about solving a significant roadblock, but without any data. Thanks for confirming, that's what I wanted to know.

So now he was BS'ing. Okay man! Well it's pretty professional to say something like that!

KO1, please how many times did I destroy you on other forums in discussions :rolleyes:...

If anyone doesn't know much and is of superficial thinking regarding Androgenetic Alopecia it's certainly you. Don't argue otherwise. You don't go much further than "b-catenin" and "pgd2". Inbeforethecure just schooled you terribly hard about minoxidil a while ago also. Another #fact.

Now keep on dreaming about Hillary Clinton and keep reading CNN. You were so SURE, damn... Dailymail articles are as far as you go.

(Gotta say you are knowledgeable about hair transplant's though, I'll certainly give you that.)

Last edited:

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
Cool beans. Thanks for confirming that Tsuji hasn't produced anything or given any evidence to support his claims, but I'm glad he has your confidence. I'll let you get back to Tsuji..

But yes, if you can't get the significance of pgd2, you do not understand the science. I get that you read abstracts and have the respect of social misfits here, but that does not make you an expert. In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool beans. Thanks for confirming that Tsuji hasn't produced anything or given any evidence to support his claims, but I'm glad he has your confidence. I'll let you get back to Tsuji.

Dude, you're f*****g dumb; how do you not forget how to breathe? Do everyone a favour on this board and cut your fingers off so we don't have to read anymore of your drivel.

Tsuji hasn't "claimed" anything, he's shown that his method actually grows hair follicles and has followed through on the deal with the other two companies. It doesn't get any better than that.

Meanwhile, you're arguing that Follica is "the smartest team" when their method produces "de novo" follicles at best; we have no idea how well this is actually going to work in practice and Cotsarelis has been trying to get this sh*t off the ground for what? 10...15 years? Yet you're shitting on a guy whose team, in the span of about 4 years, have gone from mouse models to beginning clinical trials in 2018, a successful union of multi-billion dollar companies to tackle the problem and you have all the picture, video and written evidence of this you could want, laid out before you. Yet, you're all "durr there's no evidence".

utq2y.jpg