My Regimen
Reaction score

FoucaultII

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With this post...

The clear subtext is you finger pointing and saying "Ha-Ha!" to @That Guy
Clearly you called him out--although in a very passive aggressive pussy kind of way.
Never the less, you 'associated' yourself with him.
Please, hun.
Not to put too fine a point on it, I found the way KO1 replied in all his latest comments very funny and clever, 'cause he's an intelligent guy, clearly!
What I think about him has nothing to do with other users directly. Indirectly, sure, but I was NOT in any way trying to associate myself with people I simply don't want anything to do with.
So, it would be really courteous of you if you didn't associate me with users I don't want to be associated with.
Vielen Dank!
Bis bald.

Last edited:

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know the initial price for Tsuji's treatment? Also will it cure a diffuse thinner like me or is it like hair transplants that damages the existing follicles?

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the initial price for Tsuji's treatment? Also will it cure a diffuse thinner like me or is it like hair transplants that damages the existing follicles?

762195e1666497074ede151e0cbeb39738a411d967572cbbe24b90cf8db6011f.jpg

moriarty

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's wrong with spreading a little bit of optimism? losing your hair sucks donkey balls and to know that there maybe lies something in the horizon makes me a little bit less depressed. why spread negativity in a thread regarding new research? sorry for the bad english!

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
The point of discussion is to know more, not make people feel better. If the pipeline is shite, then saying it is unicorns and roses is foolish.

moriarty

My Regimen
Reaction score
It´s all speculation from both sides of the argument... I´d rather listen to someone who gives me a little bit of hope (even if there is no cure in the end) than a person who shits on everyone and everything.

FoucaultII

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well due to the limited offering at first, I'm gonna guess at least 40-50K for the treatment (they could probably go higher because that's in line with a great, large transplant cost, and this would in theory be better due to its permanence). Then factor in round trip to Japan and staying there for 3+ weeks waiting for culturing and such. I actually wouldn't be surprised if it reaches the 100K mark in the beginning, assuming it works as well as suspected. If not, then who knows.
Oh, c' mon!
The epithelial cell amplification issue has not been efficiently addressed yet and some people are already speculating on costs.
Jesus, Allah, Buddha and the Holy Spirits of the Woods, save us!

Last edited:

Ikkaku

Established Member
Reaction score
I Hope Jak works.... I know it's like impossible but if this stuff works we just have to wait shiseido for kill Androgenetic Alopecia.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please, hun.
Not to put too fine a point on it, I found the way KO1 replied in all his latest comments very funny and clever, 'cause he's an intelligent guy, clearly!
What I think about him has nothing to do with other users directly. Indirectly, sure, but I was NOT in any way trying to associate myself with people I simply don't want anything to do with.
So, it would be really courteous of you if you didn't associate me with users I don't want to be associated with.
Vielen Dank!
Bis bald.

Yeah, you keep calling me 'hun' but I am pretty sure you really want to say something else.

Kind of like a passive aggressive pussy.

resu

Reaction score
Eric Trump has zero hair loss and the prick just puts some gel and combs it backwards
eric-trump-5.jpg

But it only works because he lost the double chin:
LB1wzlz.jpg

If I did the the german military cut I would just look like a prick, I don't have the chisel features to make it work.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's wrong with spreading a little bit of optimism? losing your hair sucks donkey balls and to know that there maybe lies something in the horizon makes me a little bit less depressed. why spread negativity in a thread regarding new research? sorry for the bad english!
First of all, it is sad that many newbies trust on all these treatments being available very soon. So, they stay away from Finasteride because they are scarred of sides. Then they reach NW3+ territory and there is still no cure.....I swear I read a post from 2003(!) where one guy was asking, whether it is still worth starting Propecia and Regaine because of all these new treatments being available soon......

moriarty

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven´t seen a single post so far in this thread where you get discouraged from using the big 3. All I said was that I (each to their own...) prefer the optimistic aproach to the pessimistic, or what you might call realistic...

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't even want that low hairline. It will make my face look fat, LOL.

Just want real long hair for the first time in my life and I need a better hairline to grow it out

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica and ari were the only smart teams, and they've struggled badly. No legitimate Pharma company has invested here apart from Kythera...I'm sure That Guy knows better though.

KO1 did you already migrate to Canada? Just remember that you are under command of Russia! Keep reading dat CNN. Ok, ok I'll stop teasing :D. On-topic now.

I chuckled because of your message. So Follica and Aderans were the only smart team right? How do you even know who is "smarter"?

Besides just because someone is a bit "smarter" than the other doesn't really mean anything. Why would that mean anything?

See first of all it's about the method. Currently it is highly unlikely that a drug would be able to resurrect native hair follicles. The best route to take seems to be simply creating new hair follicles from scratch, since observations actually do supports this due to the flexibility and regenerative potential of the hair follicle.

Secondly you need to trust the person. You call male pattern baldness research a "clownshow". But the funny thing is that Ken Washenik and Cotsarelis are pretty much an example of a clownshow. They have been highly erroneous on many occasions (at least to the media). These are (leading) men who are or were behind Follica/ARI.

After all we need to rely on others, and to rely on someone trust is a huge factor. One would be somewhat of a fool to trust on someone who hasn't only been erroneous but simply talks nonsense, likely because of self-benefit.

Evidence is always crucial, but with someone like Washenik/Cotsarelis, I simply don't even look anymore what they have to say.

About Tsuji.

Yes they still have some problems with these cells. Perhaps it is a huge problem and it won't bring any fruits. Nonetheless, the team behind Tsuji does display confidence and they plan towards putting this stuff into human clinical trials pretty quickly.

And with the team behind Tsuji, I do have faith and so should anyone imo. We can't do much more anyway. So I agree with @That Guy. In fact Tsuji was literally spot on before the announcement that they (Riken) had huge plans on merging with two companies to try and bring their method to the market. And he followed up on his words. That's a rare thing in this field. It's pure finesse.

Everybody should also not forget that back in 2013 Christiano et al. managed to induce a hair shaft with cultured DP cells with partial restored signature expression, which was only 22%;

The observation of hair follicles within grafts, as described above, suggests that the 22% restoration of papilla signature is suf- ficient for follicle neogenesis.

Off course the hair shaft was shitty, not cosmetically viable and it was on fetal foreskin. Not even proper HF structure. But a hair shaft did grow! This was only with 22% signature expression.

Now you have Tsuji swooping in with, who has come way further with the DP cell culturing problem and is using also epithelial stem cells.

Also remember guys, they plan to engage in human clinical trials. My guess is that even with non-perfect cells they will simply engage in those trials. At least their words seem to indicate this.

See it's possible that even in that scenario beautiful hair follicles will grow. For instance these cells might restore some of their signature expression in vivo.

Yes guys, Tsuji your real hope here to crush Androgenetic Alopecia once and for all.

Like our very knowledgeable forum member @InBeforeTheCure said, this will finally be the first contender for the beast that Androgenetic Alopecia is, and don't underestimate RIKEN, Kyocera and Organ Technologies, they might still be the underdog, but at least they are a true contender.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really? Saying that "there is little to no chance" despite almost all of things in the pipeline having clinical evidence that they do indeed work, saying that they are backed by "underperforming companies" when many are leaders in their field with a history of excellence and that the "smartest team" has "dermabrasion and minoxidil" which is patently false and apparently, that is the "smartest" team and not the one growing new hair out of friggin' stem cells. That's your idea of a "realistic" comment? A terribly uninformed one?

You're one of those geriatric cynics; that explains it.

Let me guess, you're bitter because you're afraid finasteride will make your dick fall off and actually bought into Bosley's 15 years ago and believed your crazy aunt that rat piss cured hairloss?

I don't need to get my NW2 hairline back, since that's what I currently have and seem to be maintaining because I'm not afraid of conventional treatments. With a hair transplant, I'll be NW1 again.

Yet, I'm actually capable of reading the science and the studies and realizing that these scientists are actually on to something and that there has never been a point in history as promising for hairloss as this is.

You know why? Because I don't have an IQ that doubles as a shoe size.

you're a very intelligent person and debate VERY well. Your arguments would be even MORE substantial and cut deeper without the insults. just my two cents. ;)

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
Swooping, that is a really long post and this is a Saturday morning, so I'll TL:DR. What evidence is there that Tsuji is going to be successful where ARI failed? Growing hair shafts with cultured DP cells on mice is not a big deal. Growing terminal hairs repeatedly and reliably on humans is a big deal, what is the evidence Tsuji can do it?

Trust is great. I prefer some evidence.

Interesting you say that it's about creating new follicles. Cotsarelis' method was the first to demonstrate creating new follicles.