will minoxidil unwanted hair disapear after quitting the drug even if you shave / pluck them in the meantime?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I Will probably increase my dosage from 20mg to 30mg. And increase as the years go by until I hit 100mg day. Jk wont use more than 50mg.
don't do this man
Those photos look weird because they are pre-pubescent children and infants. Body hair
is 100 percent normal and natural on a grown man.
in you're case you didn't grow this weird hair on back/ shoulder?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Those photos look weird because they are pre-pubescent children and infants. Body hair
is 100 percent normal and natural on a grown man.

the concern is the fact that even after 6 month 30% still have the hypertrichosis.
Awesome that means any new growth of hairs on your head will be permanent as long as you are on dutasteride.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
20 mg a day is an exceptionally high dose. I have taken that much and higher on occasion and it wrecks my face (puffy face, bags under eyes) and swollen legs and feet.
does the water retention subside when you lower you're dosage? is there much risk of water retention at 2.5mg or 5 mg? tha ks

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
20 mg a day is an exceptionally high dose. I have taken that much and higher on occasion and it wrecks my face (puffy face, bags under eyes) and swollen legs and feet.
That only happens in the morning for me. And goes away during the day. Only abit puffy under 1 eye only. Reduce salt and use dandelion root supplement.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me, I practically notice zero water retention up to 5mg. At 10mg I definitely have some, but it’s not that noticeable and easily controllable with reducing sodium and getting a good sweat from working out or taking hot baths a couple times a week. Like you said too, it goes away during the day too. Taking it in the morning only helps reduce it too. But at 5mg 2x a day it’s still not bad for me. 20mg bloats me too much though. But I’m not on a diuretic. As far as heart palpitations, I got some at 10mg in the beginning but eventually it went away.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
well i dont get much body hair in the first place...
but i usually shave it off, or pluck it...
shaving your arms takes about five minutes, if you pluck daily (eybrows), it also doesnt take much time... and you get used to it anyway...

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Couldn't you get electrolysis on the body hair? If you destroy the hair completely, it can't grow back.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe the extra body hair could be a blessing in disguise, you could use it as donor hair for a hair transplant if you run out of head hair to use as donor lol.
1645662908988.png

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it’s the face he’s worried about, he can just laser them if he has the money. But why not just get hair cutting clippers and put it on the lowest setting if shaving irritates you too much? It won’t pull on the hair and it’ll be short enough that it’s not visible.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me, I practically notice zero water retention up to 5mg. At 10mg I definitely have some, but it’s not that noticeable and easily controllable with reducing sodium and getting a good sweat from working out or taking hot baths a couple times a week. Like you said too, it goes away during the day too. Taking it in the morning only helps reduce it too. But at 5mg 2x a day it’s still not bad for me. 20mg bloats me too much though. But I’m not on a diuretic. As far as heart palpitations, I got some at 10mg in the beginning but eventually it went

If it’s the face he’s worried about, he can just laser them if he has the money. But why not just get hair cutting clippers and put it on the lowest setting if shaving irritates you too much? It won’t pull on the hair and it’ll be short enough that it’s not visible.
He's more worried about his back looking like a Wookie, which I can understand. Hair everywhere else is pretty much OK.