will minoxidil unwanted hair disapear after quitting the drug even if you shave / pluck them in the meantime?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i have to give anothe shot to oral minoxidil ( because topical min and dutasteride doesn't work anymore for me) , however it causes me massive massive hypertrichosis.
i know that quitting the drug will reverse this side effect, but if i want to keep taking it and minimizing this side, i would like to pluck or shave those unwanted hair.
but will the act of plucking/ shaving cause the hair to grow back darker? and will prevent them to fall after quitting the drug?
on minoxidil beard forum they say that if you let the body / facial hair turns terminal they woouldn't fall after quitting the drug?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
i have to give anothe shot to oral minoxidil ( because topical min and dutasteride doesn't work anymore for me) , however it causes me massive massive hypertrichosis.
i know that quitting the drug will reverse this side effect, but if i want to keep taking it and minimizing this side, i would like to pluck or shave those unwanted hair.
but will the act of plucking/ shaving cause the hair to grow back darker? and will prevent them to fall after quitting the drug?
on minoxidil beard forum they say that if you let the body / facial hair turns terminal they woouldn't fall after quitting the drug?
U used topical dutasteride or oral?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
sh*t. I got Hairs on my face near eyes that are terminal now. Im gonna need to get laser removal.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes 0.5 mg a day
, according to you doe plucking unwanted hair make them grow back darker?

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no it doesnt... doesnt even make sense at all...
same logic as getting a thicker beard when you shave it often enough...
Plucking/waxing should slow down the growth since the hair has to regrow itself completely from the bulb, which takes some time.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Plucking/waxing should slow down the growth since the hair has to regrow itself completely from the bulb, which takes some time.
i plucked some vellu hair and now they really seem darker ( after regrowing)...

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes, but it doesnt grow thicker and that was his concern...
though whatever the answer is, he will keep coming back at it...
while the solution is so easy: take it or leave it...

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Respectfully, I don’t think you should proceed with oral min again based on your post history. Clearly the hypertrichosis from oral min is extremely unsettling for you and no amount of advice on how to deal with it will put your mind at ease.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for the answer bro, so even if i keep plucking the hair they would still disapear after quitting the drug?
damn that sucks that oral min give me this side effect

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for the answer bro, so even if i keep plucking the hair they would still disapear after quitting the drug?
damn that sucks that oral min give me this side effect
yes of course they disappear after you quit the drug... i mean in theory, because that is what should happen...

i got no evidence and i didnt try it myself...

but yes, once you quit, effects and side effects also stop...

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
ok, i was just afraid that if in the meantine i keep plucking the unwanted hair, it would strenghten them and they wouldn't fall§ so this is 100% sure that plucking doesn't make darker regrowth? i tried it man and it causes me some damn acne and darker regrowth

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
its because i took topical minoxidil massive dosage for years with no hypertrichosis, then i tried 1.25 mg for 3 month oral and get hypertrichosis, so i dropped the oral version and switch back to my old topical ( it was 6 month ago), and unfortunately i keep the hypertrichosis i get from the oral...
i thought that dropping the oral would reverse this side, but maybe the fact of keeping the topical is enough to keep the hypertrichosis ( bit this is so weird because while on topical i never had this); i thought that 6 month was enough to reverse this damn side effect

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
6 month probably is not enough...
i dont know how many cylces it takes for body hair to renew itself, i also dont know how long said cycle takes...

my (uneducated) guess is it takes a year, if not longer...

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ok, i was just afraid that if in the meantine i keep plucking the unwanted hair, it would strenghten them and they wouldn't fall§ so this is 100% sure that plucking doesn't make darker regrowth? i tried it man and it causes me some damn acne and darker regrowth
Plucking in no way whatsoever causes hair to grow back thicker or darker. If anything, it is the opposite. Worst case scenario is it comes back the same, but it takes a while for the shaft to re-form and emerge from the follicle.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
6 month probably is not enough...
i dont know how many cylces it takes for body hair to renew itself, i also dont know how long said cycle takes...

my (uneducated) guess is it takes a year, if not longer...
that sucks,that is really long time. i didn't even get that much scalp hair result ... the body hair stimulation is far greater with oral min than with topical its crazy
if i was 10 0000% sure that plucking doesn't make thing worse i would just pluck the unwanted hair and take the oral version? ( i also have to find a solution for acne caused by plcking)