Why Would People Take Drugs Instead Of A Hair System?

thiswomps

Reaction score
SERIOUSLY.

Tell me.

Because at the end of the day you have no-risk vs substantial risk.

You want natural hair? Sacrifice your natural body.

But in life,

We all wear clothes to fit a certain perception. We all act to fit a certain perception.

A hair piece is the same sh*t.

It should be the first solution for Male pattern baldness. Not the last.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And if the same research effort put into drugs was put into hairpiece technology we would have nwarly perfect ones

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because, for some people it works... and for the others, it makes the drug companies BILLIONS.

If I could take a pill, that had no adverse side-effects, and I could grow the hair I have now, I would sure do it.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because drugs hold onto what you have, and the majority of hair systems look like sh*t and can be spotted

You are wrong! Some guys have seen regrowth with both Minoxidil and Propecia, and there are also many people walking around with hair systems that you will never be able to tell.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
And if the same research effort put into drugs was put into hairpiece technology we would have nwarly perfect ones

I am not sure about Minoxidil, but the hair growing effects of Propecia are a side-effect of the original reason for the drug, which is to decrease the size of the prostate gland in men.

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually not wrong! You may not agree.
I had the old style hair system 24 years ago. Worse ever! Luckily propecia came out and
Combined with with natural treatments I was able to maintain a Norwood 3. I still use lace pieces in the recessed areas. But they are only 3/4"x2"
Doing pretty good considering my other family members are Norwood 7 and I'm pushing 50.
I know your on northwestlace. Many good results. But not all

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Horses for courses.

I tried Minoxidil when I was in my early 20s. Worked for around 3 or 4 months and then my body got used to the chemical/drug and I shed a sh1tload of hair in the next few months.

I tried Propecia in my late 20s. Worked for a few months and then my body got used to the drug and it stopped working. But all the way through the side effects took their toll on me, in particular leaving my brain in a hazy fog that I swear never quite got better even now 15 years later.

Drugs are the worst thing a person can put into their body. Whether or not they help you retain your hair, you have no idea how your body is processing the chemicals and how much harm they are doing to your organs. You risk destroying your body and for what, some fluffy fur on your head?

Much rather the modern hairpiece, or shave and go our bald and proud, than make your body endure unnatural drugs for the rest of your life.

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually not wrong! You may not agree.
I had the old style hair system 24 years ago. Worse ever! Luckily propecia came out and
Combined with with natural treatments I was able to maintain a Norwood 3. I still use lace pieces in the recessed areas. But they are only 3/4"x2"
Doing pretty good considering my other family members are Norwood 7 and I'm pushing 50.
I know your on northwestlace. Many good results. But not all
You can dislike my post. However I can pick apart your current piece. You should accept criticism and give it so you don't look like a fool

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
Horses for courses.

I tried Minoxidil when I was in my early 20s. Worked for around 3 or 4 months and then my body got used to the chemical/drug and I shed a sh1tload of hair in the next few months.

I tried Propecia in my late 20s. Worked for a few months and then my body got used to the drug and it stopped working. But all the way through the side effects took their toll on me, in particular leaving my brain in a hazy fog that I swear never quite got better even now 15 years later.

Drugs are the worst thing a person can put into their body. Whether or not they help you retain your hair, you have no idea how your body is processing the chemicals and how much harm they are doing to your organs. You risk destroying your body and for what, some fluffy fur on your head?

Much rather the modern hairpiece, or shave and go our bald and proud, than make your body endure unnatural drugs for the rest of your life.
It's not that your your body got used to it! It didn't stop working you gave up. It works and continues to work but people freak out when they go through a shed so they stop and think it's not working.
Just like vitamins if you do stay consistent it will fail

Josiah Schaffer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Different strokes for different folks. I considered a hair piece but in the end, I PERSONALLY did not feel confident about it. It was either fight this head on and see the results with my natural hair or bic it. I chose the first path and so far I’m stoked. Two hair transplants, finasteride, minoxidil, biotin, multi vitamin and nioxin shampoo. So far so good :)

Pixie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Price, maintenance, and social stigma are what drive most people away, ESPECIALLY social stigma.

Personally, I predict that pieces will become much more acceptable and widespread when the current generation of teenagers is confronted with the Norwood reaper. They seem to be exponentially more concerned with looks while having higher standards across the board.

Roy2.0

My Regimen
Reaction score
i am fairly new to this forum but am not seeing any stick threads. Is there a good place to find general info about systems? Like best places to order them, how to find salons that specialize in them, general expectations, etc.?

I have tried multiple things in the past, including FUE transplant, but never drugs due to concerns about the side- or long-term effects. Sadly, I am now at a point where I will have to Bic it or try a hair system out. I will say this forum has given me some encouragement that a system may be a viable solution, I just don't know where to even start.

Thanks in advance,

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
i am fairly new to this forum but am not seeing any stick threads. Is there a good place to find general info about systems? Like best places to order them, how to find salons that specialize in them, general expectations, etc.?

I have tried multiple things in the past, including FUE transplant, but never drugs due to concerns about the side- or long-term effects. Sadly, I am now at a point where I will have to Bic it or try a hair system out. I will say this forum has given me some encouragement that a system may be a viable solution, I just don't know where to even start.

Thanks in advance,

This forum is not really moderated. so nothing gets pinned. You can search for similar threads, and there are people giving good advice. @Noah is sort of our Guru here, as well as @grincher, and others. My information is limited to my experience, which is different than the others.

You can also go to @Noah's page, and see the threads he has replied to!

Then follow back with questions, and we can help you on specific issues.

Best of luck.

Steve

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Roy

Welcome among us. This is a friendly forum which is not tied to any suppliers, so you should get good unbiased info and experience. Feel free to ask your questions and we will try to answer them. In my case I prefer not to mention names of actual suppliers on the open forum, so for my take on that information please send me a PM.

Noah