Why The Galea Is The Fundamental Cause Of Male Pattern Balding (& Androgens Are Secondary)

Trauma

My Regimen
Reaction score

I used to do scalp massages every day for over a year, and then I stopped for some silly reasons. I watched that guy's 42 minute video. I'm not going to sign up for that as of now but it made me start wanting to do the massages again. There's definitely some truth to it. I believe when I was doing it, my hairs were overall thicker, but the bald patches were still there. Diffuse hair loss sucks!

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Transplanted hair follicles of bald men are not immune to balding ,they contains low androgen receptors and good dht drainage so they survives, but if bald person lives toward 100 he would be bald by that age .

This those hairs are certainly not immune, the horseshoe definitely miniaturises, just at a slower rate.

Trauma

My Regimen
Reaction score
People are so funny. They aren't immune! If you live to a 1,000 years old you will lose those hairs too! Ok, but for all intents and purposes they are immune in most people.

My horseshoe area hairs are definitely not immune, they have thinned out over the years, especially the sides of the scalp and the nape area in the back. I'm 31 and two transplant surgeons that have checked me out said my donor area may be good for only around 1800-2200 grafts. A few years ago (before I went with a crappy fraud eye surgeon for PRP+Acell and before I used dry shampoos for texture that drained my scalp of nutrients), I used to have the thickest side/back area hair and now it's dying. My dad who's 66, his horseshoe area is so thin there's not a chance he'd ever be able to have a transplant. It's sad but true, the only way for us who are sensitive in all scalp regions to have a proper comeback is when these damn cloning treatments become a reality :\

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some people are like that. It sucks. For most people those hairs hardly thin until old age. I'm older than you, and my donor area hasn't miniaturized in the slightest.
My donor area lost density over years.the false belief that androgenic alopecia only affect hairs on the top is misconception. It slowly kills all hairs if given enough time.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tsuji would be balancing billions of dollars of research towards a ‘cure’ on a hope that his transplanted cell hairs will just miniaturise.
where did u read Tsuji has billions ??? lmao

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score

Screenshot 2019-12-05 at 19.50.33.png

Kyocera website.

https://global.kyocera.com/news-archive/2016/0702_nfid.html

Caillou

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why has this theory died out? Sounds legit to me and has observable evidence that i can see in daily life. For example, i've noticed that people with very similar skull shapes and bones placement to me, tend to lose in same pattern as me as well

inmyhead

Reaction score
Why has this theory died out? Sounds legit to me and has observable evidence that i can see in daily life. For example, i've noticed that people with very similar skull shapes and bones placement to me, tend to lose in same pattern as me as well
What theory? The whole theory is just replacing keyword "androgens" with "mechanical stress". Example, "follicles are genetically sensitive to androgens" is replaced with "follicles are genetically sensitive to mechanical stress".

"Their hair follicles and dermal papilla cells are genetically resistant to the mechanical stress from the galea, and this stress simply does not induce the same epigenetic changes or inflammatory and androgenic cascade that it does in balding-prone men"

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a very interesting paper regarding the thickness of the skin on bald vs normal scalps

Higher levels of estrogen are associated with thicker skin - I think even during different parts of women’s menstrual cycle their skin thickness can change measurably. Perhaps this is a direct correlation between skin thickness and local estrogen synthesis in non/balding scalps …

Morganado

My Regimen
Reaction score
basically this study contradicts a previous study suggesting that thick skin is related to patterned hair loss.
BB3A47EE-7068-4DA4-8F51-99CA60A4F069.png

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because it doesnt apply to women for no reason and hair on the temporalis muscles can go completely bald and on the occipital ones can thin out significantly.
basically this study contradicts a previous study suggesting that thick skin is related to patterned hair loss. View attachment 168447
No sh*t. Bald scalps become thin because there is no more thick follicles in there. But that is the consequence not the cause.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not the opposite though?
Go to a man which has all his follicles intact and measure his skin thickness as he is losing hair, you will see that skin gets thin parallel with hair loss meaning that its not first thin skin -> hair loss bat rather hair loss -> think skin. This study is comparing someone who is bald to someone who is not bald.
Also what is the cause of thin skin in that theory? Genetics?