Why Elliot Rodger Couldn't Get A Girlfriend ?

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i've read about Buddhism and Christianity and Judaism. I'm still convinced that Islam is the right because it makes sense to me.

Out of all the religions, you studied 4 and concluded Islam is right? What about Jainism and Hinduism? What about all other religions(4200 you said)? Do you see the problem here? We humans don't have enough time to study all religions and follow the right one. Some people even keep studying one religion all their life. How can your God send people to hell for not following his religion when there are so many others?

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Out of all the religions, you studied 4 and concluded Islam is right? What about Jainism and Hinduism? What about all other religions(4200 you said)? Do you see the problem here? We humans don't have enough time to study all religions and follow the right one. Some people even keep studying one religion all their life. How can your God send people to hell for not following his religion when there are so many others?
Okay give me suggestions for some religions and i'll study them. And if they make sense more than Islam, i'll leave Islam immediately. Don't worry i have much free time and usually don't do anything.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay give me suggestions for some religions and i'll study them. And if they make sense more than Islam, i'll leave Islam immediately. Don't worry i have much free time and usually don't do anything.

Okay. I like your attitude. I will first recommend you to start with evidence of God's existence. And no, don't just believe God exists because some religious book like Quran or Bible say he does. Look for philosophical arguments, not religious. Studying religions is pointless unless there is evidence that God exists.

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay. I like your attitude. I will first recommend you to start with evidence of God's existence. And no, don't just believe God exists because some religious book like Quran or Bible say he does. Look for philosophical arguments, not religious. Studying religions is pointless unless there is evidence that God exists.
You mean by reading books like the god delusion by Richard Dawkins and read about the evolution theory ? OK, will read them and discuss them with you after i finish.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
You mean by reading books like the god delusion by Richard Dawkins and read about the evolution theory ? OK, will read them and discuss them with you after i finish.

No. God Delusions is not a philosophy book. It seems you don't even know about the branch of philosophy that deals with the questions about the existence of God. Look more into it.

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No. God Delusions is not a philosophy book. It seems you don't even know about the branch of philosophy that deals with the questions about the existence of God. Look more into it.
OK. Thanks for the advice.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Let me ask you this question now. What kind of God is your allah who sends people to hell for merely believing in other religions?

Also applies to Christianity

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Also, sending people to hell for not believing in a particular religion is barbaric. Not everyone is born in the same religion. People are heavily influenced by the environment they are raised in. People who are born in Hinduism more than likely will be Hindu. As people can't control the religion of their birth, they can't be held responsible for not following Islam. Your ideology is supremacist. Allah is an evil dictator who claims follow me or burn in hell. How can you not see it?

You are being unfair in this line of reasoning by singling out Islam.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Yeah he sends people who doesn't believe in him in hell. Well no f*****g sh*t, if there's no punishment, then what's the point of the religion in the first place ? Every religion and it's god have the same thing because it's obvious, there must be a reward for the believers and punishment for the disbelievers, if that didn't happen, no one would believe in any religion.

Did you just imply that God is a dictator who rules by fear? :D
So young, and so wise :)

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

Suggest books please, rather than this peacocking of "I'm smarter than you". He is 17 years old for heavens sake.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are being unfair in this line of reasoning by singling out Islam.

Not being unfair. I was having discussion with @Stanx22 who is a Muslim. Of course I am going to talk about Islam. I had similar discussions with Baptists in Oklahoma and used similar reasoning to criticize their belief. With them I talked about Christianity. Not even once I brought up Islam with them. What's the point of talking about other religions when Stanx doesn't even believe in them?

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Suggest books please, rather than this peacocking of "I'm smarter than you". He is 17 years old for heavens sake.

What's up with you Cap? You are acting very rude. Did you have a bad day or something? Internet is a vast source. If @Stanx22 or anyone else is interested in reading about actual philosophical argument about God's existence then resources can be easily found. Do you want me to teach him to google search? There are academic papers online written by professors like Wes Morriston evaluating arguments that theistic philosophers propound such as cosmological arguments. Stanford encyclopedia of philosophy also has decent summary of some arguments. Here is a link for cosmological argument:

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/cosmological-argument/

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Not being unfair. I was having discussion with @Stanx22 who is a Muslim. Of course I am going to talk about Islam. I had similar discussions with Baptists in Oklahoma and used similar reasoning to criticize their belief. With them I talked about Christianity. Not even once I brought up Islam with them. What's the point of talking about other religions when Stanx doesn't even believe in them?

Context. The general line of discussion at current, where you are not the only participant, is that Islam is much more problematic than other Abrahamic religions. As there is a Christian majority on this forum, and in this discussion, you cannot ignore Christianity when bringing up the non-believer point.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Context. The general line of discussion at current, where you are not the only participant, is that Islam is much more problematic than other Abrahamic religions. As there is a Christian majority on this forum, and in this discussion, you cannot ignore Christianity when bringing up the non-believer point.

You are applying a context to my arguments for which they were never meant to. If I was drawing comparisons between Islam and other religions I would have done so. My arguments are very clear about their intent.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
You are applying a context to my arguments for which they were never meant to.

The Context is this thread. The other posts cannot be ignored.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
The Context is this thread. The other posts cannot be ignored.

In almost every thread we have arguments and discussions in multiple contexts on different issues. You should have been more careful when you read my arguments today. They were clearly not about drawing comparisons between different religions. Anyway, I am done discussion it. Have a great day.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Barely any Christians want atheists and apostates to be killed.

Uhm when you take your trip to USA I suggest you go to some real small towns and have a conversation about Atheists and how we are all going to burn in Hell.

Atheists to some Christians is the worst.

Mob mentality would over take some of these people very easily in right set of circumstances--it would be easy for them under certain conditions to move closer to punishing atheists.
They just have more to lose, their lives are full in many ways so this keeps them civilized.

the very fact they so willingly embraced Trump in 2017 lets say compared to 1977, someone like Trump NEVER would have been so embraced by the Christian Right in USA in past as he is now...it says something..the hate for the left who are mostly atheists, out weighs their sense of being decent.

I cant speak for Europe or Mid East.