Why Elliot Rodger Couldn't Get A Girlfriend ? | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Why Elliot Rodger Couldn't Get A Girlfriend ?

Discussion in 'The Impact of Hair Loss' started by Stanx22, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Stanx22

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I can't explain Elliot Rodger. The guy was quite attractive, not that good looking, but i think he looked quite good. He was rich, and his father was a second unit director on the hunger games, so he had status. Some people assuming that he couldn't get a girlfriend because his personality was weird and he didn't sound quite right because he was a psychopath. But in the last video of him "Elliot Rodger Retribution", he was 22 years old and he said that he was a kissless virgin. He also said that he had been chasing after girl for 8 years since he was 14 and got nothing but rejections. I don't think someone can be a psychopath for 8 years without anyone else noticing. And i don't think that anyone can notice that someone has psychological problems just by looking at them. Is the real reason that Elliot wasn't attractive enough ? Like seriously this dude had full head of hair and his face was average or quite above, but still that wasn't enough ? I'm not sure about that, but if that's the case, then i think we will see more of Elliot Rodger in the future.

(For people who want to prove me wrong for everything, i'm not encouraging this shit. It's just a prediction because a lot of people aren't mentally stable or strong enough and can turn insane, psychopaths because of loneliness. So don't get me wrong)

#1 Stanx22, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  2. redpilled

redpilled Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I think you are sadly right that there will be more disenfranchised guys doing crazy things in the future. Strong societies prevent this kind of thing from happening. Strong societies enfranchise every individual. Not blaming society directly (of course, we must ultimately take responsibility for our actions), but a weak society encourages this kind of craziness.

Pelopeleon, blackg and Stanx22 like this.
  3. hanginginthewire

hanginginthewire Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    He had a creepy vibe that people picked up on. Human beings are animals. I'm sure in nature there's times where your fellow animals sniff you and *something isn't quite right* and the herd will completely shun you and leave you to die, and that's what happened to Elliot Rodgers. Combined with the fact that he felt entitled to a better fate because of his socioeconomic status. But when you are fucked on a genetic/animalistic level, that doesn't matter. Nature doesn't give a fuck about your Prada sunglasses or Masseratti or whatever it was.

4. redpilled

redpilled Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    But he was creepy because he felt shunned by society. If society didn't shun him, he wouldn't be creepy. This is where society fails itself. Society treats its people like meat. If you are not up to standard, society rejects you. Then that person rejects society. Society needs to up its game and truly become civilised.

Stanx22 likes this.
  5. Stanx22

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I don't think his genetics was that bad. He was like 6.5/10 and could have even been 7 if he had tried to improve his looks. If 6.5 or 7/10 is being "Fucked on a genetic level" Then 85% of men will die virgins.

blackg likes this.
  6. hanginginthewire

Dislikes Received:
    Yes but genes effect more than just your appearance. If you are terminally socially awkward, a congenital braggart/delusional, mentally ill narcissist, there can be a genetic component to that. I see plenty of regular or even handsomeish guys who are incel and alone because they are probably on the spectrum and CANNOT understand basic social communication. According to Chomsky, language is a biological system no different than your immune system is a biological system. And if you are biologically compromised in your ability to communicate, socialize, and relate to others, then your genes have played a role in hobbling you.

But yeah, I agree that this can be sometimes ameliorated by a more compassionate society that wasn't constantly shopping for human beings the way we shop for any commodity, ie making snap, superficial judgements and rejecting people for being human (imperfect) basically.

I don't know, I can't feel that sorry for Rodgers. He was just as shallow as the women he was angry at, and coupled with his megalomania and ego it was a bad combination play.

BeHereNow, CaptainForehead and blackg like this.
  7. Stanx22

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Elliot was heavily bullied and abused when he was young. He had no friends and was an outcast. His father and mother divorced when he was young and his father left to marry another woman. He was kissless virgin at 22 years old. And after all that you expect him not to be social awkward or mentally ill ?

8. hanginginthewire

Dislikes Received:
    I guess it's somewhat of a chicken-egg situation. Lots of dudes are virgins in their 20s and the children of divorce and got bullied (who didn't?).

They don't all go on homicidal rampages of random girls and then take their own life. I'm sure Rodger's issues were exacerbated by some shitty (but fairly universal) stuff he went through.

He couldn't get a gf because 1) he was too picky and 2) he was mentally ill and people sussed that out when they interacted with him. It's not because he was the child of divorce and because society is straight up evil. Society is pretty shallow but most people seem to find their way.

BeHereNow and zircon like this.
  9. Stanx22

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I also think his family should be blamed for not looking after him or caring about him. I know what he went through a lot of people go through, but as i stated earlier in my post, some people aren't mentally strong enough to endure much suffering or loneliness. I have all of his problems and another shittier problems above them and i would never do what he done, but every individual is different.

10. davesmith420

davesmith420 Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Because he had a creepy as fuck personality and didn't know how to properly interact with other human beings (i.e., he had ASD).

A lot of this Lookism and Sluthate ideologies forgets about the importance of personality. Sure if you're good looking you'll get a lot of ass, but if you have an undesirable personality no one is going to want to be in a serious relationship with you. If you do, it likely won't last long. I get told that I'm "good looking" when I post pictures of myself online and occasionally from the flirty girl in person, but my relationship history has been complete shit because of my awkward/shit personality. I fall into this trap of going on 1-2 dates with a girl, hooking up, then never hearing from them again (i.e., getting "ghosted"). I learned from a friend of a friend that a girl I went on a date with and hooked up with told him that I was "good looking but weird as fuck." Such is life I guess.

11. Dante92

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    As much as I find his figure tragic, he was unstable to say the least. Millions of guys live his same shit everyday, but they don't snap and kill innocent people. They try to come with terms with their inceldom or legit ugliness, just as I did. But he was unable to, and he snapped.

FootyStar, EvilLocks, Big L and 4 others like this.
  12. blackg

blackg Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    It's a chicken and egg type thing.

FootyStar and EvilLocks like this.
  13. Afro_Vacancy

Afro_Vacancy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    After he died, I read his screed, all 140 pages. I was very curious.

1) He had anti-social attitudes which prevented him from making social contact with people. He never put in significant effort to make friends or have a girlfriend, he made micro-efforts here and there that didn't lead to fruition and then he would give up. This was true from an early age, as he writes that his step mom would beg him to leave the house and interact with others rather than play Pokemon all day. He wrote of her like she was a nagging woman, an angry bitch, but as an outsider I'm seeing a woman who was desperate to help him and fearing the future.

2) He was entitled and wasn't willing to make the effort. For example, he talked to two girls in the streets once, they didn't respond to him well so he threw coffee at them. A criminal act. He went to one party, it didn't go well, so he tried to pick a fight with the women but men intervened and then he got injured. He just didn't try very hard and didn't make the investment necessary. Another one was weightlifting, he figured that with more muscles he would get more women. He quit weightlifting after three weeks because he didn't get enough results. He thought about getting rich by becoming a screenwriter, he wrote that he had ideas for science fiction movies, but he didn't even write 10% of a screenplay as it looked like it would take decades to land him success. He tried to apply for part-time jobs, but he thought the jobs available were not worthy to a man of his intellect. He also dropped out of school.

I don't recall him trying online dating.

3) He had high standards. He wanted "hot blondes".

4) Being rich and good-looking by your standards won't go that far for somebody like Rodger who grows up in a well-monied community in Santa Barbara. The standards there are much higher.

Here's my review of his screed, which I wrote back in the day:

EvilLocks, JeanLucBB, zircon and 10 others like this.
  14. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    The quote that you bolded...

My cousin is currently telling me that "he knows everything".

A common pattern for bitter people with delusions of grandeur.

My cousin converted to Islam and incarnates the worst of all toxic ideologies that are currently popular.

He thinks communism is a great idea, that Hitler was right and that we are slaves to the Jews, that the poor Arabs are oppressed by the rich Jews, etc.

Nothing has real value, there is no up, no down, there is only the oppressor and the oppressed.

The mean oppressive and successful slayer and the kind oppressed and unsuccessful incel. @Dante92

One word: envy.

Relevant: http://www.pnas.org/content/114/31/8420.abstract

#14 WhitePolarBear, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    JeanLucBB, zircon and Afro_Vacancy like this.
    Big L dislikes this.
  15. PappinAce

PappinAce Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    damn dude. sounds like the typical judgmental basic bitches of america. while you probably are "weird" in your own way, i'm guessing it's not in a BAD way? if you're weird as in self-absorbed and creepy, i can understand. but i don't get that impression from you. can you identify some specific things that would make a girl classify you as weird?

lmao. some of the scenarios he describes in that book are so ludicrous i couldn't help but laugh my butt off. when he sees the college students playing and laughing in the meadow, he buys a super soaker, fills it with orange juice, and sprays it at them while screaming in rage.

CaptainForehead and Dench57 like this.
  16. Dench57

Dench57 Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    pfff, his mom didn't realise how good Pokemon was

17. davesmith420

davesmith420 Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I would like to think that it isn't in a bad way either; I think a lot of it has to do with me going for the wrong kinds of girls (interests wise). Literally my only interests outside of my graduate studies is music (listening to and playing guitar hours a day) and reading up on politics. A few of the girls I have had this problem with were sorority type girls, a type I would never mesh well with to begin with. I would like to think it is not because I'm creepy or something lol. If anything I'm just really awkward during conversations; I used to have a moderate stutter when I was younger (it is very vey mild now) but I feel like the social anxiety I had associated with it limited some of my social development and now over the last few years I've been trying to play "catch up" (e.g., I never had sex with a girl until I was 20, etc).

Exodus2011 likes this.
  18. Guzam

Guzam Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I suggest you to read his manifesto. The man was handsome and intelligent, but a bit maniacal and he had some psychopathic disorder.
    Also he didn't fit the American Chad type in any way, and he lived in extremely American environments where all girls look for the One Chad and there's no diversity in pussy: only one type of stacy for one type of chad. This usually does not end well for the sanity of young men in college age who can't fit the Chad stereotype in any way.

Even if I'm a balding young man, i.e. a loser with no future, I am thankful that I lived my teenage years when I had hair (i.e. opportunities) in an environment with diverse-minded pussy.
    This allowed me to get pussy without fitting the chad stereotype. A heterogeneous pussy environment is good, while a stacy filled environment is shit and marginalizes pretty much everyone except the various shades of the One Chad.

19. Stanx22

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I think your cousin is extreme because of Hitler and i don't actually support communism, but you clearly don't know anything about Zionist Jews. I have no problem with the normal Jews tho.

20. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Tell me more about Zionist Jews please!

What don't I know?

CaptainForehead and CopeForLife like this.