Why doesn't everyone????

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Didn't you know this? For a lot of people on this forum, life stops at 40. After that we shouldn't care if we're bald because life is not important anymore.

I don't think I've ever had an issue with you on this forum, at least back when I regularly posted so why the sarcastic remark? The important yeas in life for me are usually up until middle age when youth, dating, career,etc. is all in the beginning stages. Of course I'd want all my hair my entire life. And I already agreed that hair transplant is suitable for some people.

Reaction score
Just had my first hair transplant on December 2nd. 2500 grafts via FUT. Why didn't I do it sooner?

1) Cost - it was approximately 10 000 CAD for the procedure. I came to a point where I had to ask my father for a loan to pay for over half of it. He's sympathetic and a NW5 himself.

2) "Shame" - my hair is diffused, and with toppik and other concealers, was actually pretty much unnoticeable. I didn't want to get my head shaved and the months of growth and potential shock loss associated with it. I have a girl in my life who actually (to my knowledge) doesn't know I'm losing my hair. Now I'm considering telling her but at the same time I don't want anyone to know I'm losing my hair or that I've had a transplant.

3) Downtime - Currently working from home, but when I was working out of an office it was essentially a no go for me. Didn't want to be out and about in public with a scar and red dots and bumps all over my head.

4) For the FUT - now I have a scar on the back of my head. I won't be able to shave my head without it being noticeable, even though I did use a surgeon renowned for his work and for very, very small scarring. Taking that final plunge took a lot of deliberating and I will clearly need at least 1 or 2 more in the next 10 or 15 years, or whatever. Somewhat regretting not being able to afford an FUE but now that I've had the procedure I've accepted that my hair won't be able to be buzzed without a recognizable scar across the right side and back of my head.

5) Results - Will it work? Will I experience shock loss which actually makes things worse? Will I regret it? Will it be worth th 10 grand? All things that swirled around in my mind in the months and weeks leading up to my procedure.

All in all I'm happy I did it. Only time will tell if it works out but I believe in 6 + months I will be very confident in my decision.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because its not enough hair, even IF the price were low;

A full NW6 will typically have a slick bald area of around 200cm2. To get even DECENT density you need at least 35 grafts per 1cm2. So do the math:

200 x 35 = 7,000 grafts

Most people have around 6,000 grafts available. For REAL density you'd need about 60 grafts per cm2, which is:

200 x 60 = 12,000

That's double of what most guys have available.

Why are we still talking about hair transplants in 2014 anyway? We should have a legitimate cure by now, what the fvck is this sh!t anyway?

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
And what do you do once you reach middle-age then? You wait for your life to be over?

Dude you're a ****ing moron. Do you even think before you respond to someone's comment or even read their post? Nothing in my posts indicate I think that or implied anything of the sort. Attach a psych or bettter yet neuropsych eval that states you don't have a developmental disorder or suffering from a mental illness or else I'm going to treat you like a retard who's too stupid to realize how much of a dumb *** his is. Which you've already demonstrated but I don't know you might have an evaluation laying around so I don't want to assume anything. The choice is yours loser.

On second thought, you're ignored forever. ****ing loser. Whaaaa I'm balddddd :( :( no one likes me because I'm ugly. Dude you were ugly before you lost your hair.

cocoonahtdc

Banned
Reaction score
I agree. For me the hair transplant was the best thing i have done. And it was not so expensive specially with such great results.

Lollerme

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not bald.

I've said before, the advantage I have is that I have been evaluated many times and I've been assured that I don't have any mental disorder.

We can't say the same about you.

[video=youtube;Do1XYGio7b4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do1XYGio7b4[/video]

greg11

Reaction score
For me it's all or nothing. I don't complain about shaving my head, I have confidence in myself without the need of hair. Would I like a full head of hair? yes. Would I like a head of hair that looks like it's thinning? No. That's my choice and it sits well with me, it may not for others.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention the scar. If I wanted to shave again then id have a big scar on the back of my head. not for me.

bagel

Banned
Reaction score
Because its not enough hair, even IF the price were low;

A full NW6 will typically have a slick bald area of around 200cm2. To get even DECENT density you need at least 35 grafts per 1cm2. So do the math:

200 x 35 = 7,000 grafts

Most people have around 6,000 grafts available. For REAL density you'd need about 60 grafts per cm2, which is:

200 x 60 = 12,000

That's double of what most guys have available.

Why are we still talking about hair transplants in 2014 anyway? We should have a legitimate cure by now, what the fvck is this sh!t anyway?

Yeah honestly there should be a cure. It doesn't make sense to me there is no "fake" option that is legitaately almost as good as the real thing. So we are short 7k grafts for a full hair transplant, why can't we transplant off someone else's head, like some girl and pay her 10k for her donor hair? Or pay someone else for donor hair that doesn't care? That should be advanced to where we can take donor hair off someone else.

smyth01

Established Member
Reaction score
A lot of the time they look horrible/sketchy. Especially these people trying to fix a NW5-6.

I've seen people post pics of their transplant 'success' on this site, and all they have is a thin coverage with incorrectly aimed hairs.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
all they have is a thin coverage with incorrectly aimed hairs.

MAybe, but thin coverage is always better than no coverage. Amnd don't forget that you can transform that "thin coverage" in a completely ok coverage with just some sprinkles of concealer, if you really want. Which is not available if you have no coverage at all.
Incorrectly aimed hairs is not an issue, if the hair transplant is done by a good surgeon.

And in a lot of cases, the reamaining hair of balding people looks horrible/sketchy.

Masakage

Reaction score
Well I think people sometimes are too hopeless to try to solve their problems. There are many guys who accept their balding and just shave it off. Then there's guys like us who try to fight it back. For me, the only downside to get a hair transplant is money (currently). I just turned 22, and my income isn't going to be enough for a transplant right now. However, I already did the mathematics, and if I am to plan this well I could travel to Europe and have one in a 6-7 months. I'm currently Norwood 2.5 approaching Norwood 3 (although it seems to have stabilized). If I'd have one, it'd be a triangle shaped TP that would be placed on my head, basically on the temples and frontal to the middle of my scalp. Then I'd maybe do anther TP years later on the mid-back section. I don't want to be too late for a TP. I am a newbie when it comes down to this so I should probably research more on transplants when the time is right, and more importantly to find the right surgeon for me.

To the guy who was complaining about why people get transplants... lol, seriously? If we were at peace with our balding.. well we probably wouldn't be here, but the better question is why are you even here then? I've seen various TP results, they were very decent. A friend of mine had a FUE, he planted 4k, results are decent and he doesn't even appear to be balding, from NW4 down to NW2, great results. You don't have to get HUT anymore and in the unlikely event where it gets screwed up, you can just buzz it off, real simple. Better than living with the fact that you haven't tried and regretting it later in life.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah honestly there should be a cure. It doesn't make sense to me there is no "fake" option that is legitaately almost as good as the real thing. So we are short 7k grafts for a full hair transplant, why can't we transplant off someone else's head, like some girl and pay her 10k for her donor hair? Or pay someone else for donor hair that doesn't care? That should be advanced to where we can take donor hair off someone else.

Transplanting other people's hair is not possible, because the immune system rejects skin grafts. That would lead to necrosis and nasty scars in the place the grafts are put.

Masakage

Reaction score
People who bash hair transplant usually aren't bald (yet). They don't understand it's our only option when we are bald.

Some NW2-3 still fantasize about how they will wear a wig when they too far gone. "I'm not stupid, I won't have a hair transplant!"

They just don't know that a hair piece is not a viable solution for hair loss. For someone who is bald and hates it, there's nothing left beside a hair transplant.

Well, I don't want to throw hate at people who wear wigs or anything, as I understand that balding itself is extremely frustrating and people have the right to do what is comfortable for them, but a hair transplant is definitely the best option as a permanent solution. I mean a wig is very costy (decent ones that is), they aren't stable, you have to spend tons of time to wear them, your activities are limited, very limited, and the worst part about it is that you have to live with a secret your entire life, that you're trying to hide your baldness.

A transplant on the other hand is permanent, although sure it is expensive a bit, nonetheless it's worth it, if you really value your hair. Advantages would include: Permanent hair line, not held in constriction to any sort of activity, you don't have anything to hide, you'd have hair... something that we all here want.. Yeah it's logical that a transplant > wig.

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
when you consider the cost of constantly getting treatments or wearing a rug, the initial cost of a hair transplant seems high, but it's a one time cost & last a lifetime. which is the better bargain? been there done that....

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I don't want to throw hate at people who wear wigs or anything, as I understand that balding itself is extremely frustrating and people have the right to do what is comfortable for them, but a hair transplant is definitely the best option as a permanent solution. I mean a wig is very costy (decent ones that is), they aren't stable, you have to spend tons of time to wear them, your activities are limited, very limited, and the worst part about it is that you have to live with a secret your entire life, that you're trying to hide your baldness.

A transplant on the other hand is permanent, although sure it is expensive a bit, nonetheless it's worth it, if you really value your hair. Advantages would include: Permanent hair line, not held in constriction to any sort of activity, you don't have anything to hide, you'd have hair... something that we all here want.. Yeah it's logical that a transplant > wig.
agreed. I had 3 procedures in the mid 90's after being a class 5+ & it looks pretty good. i' thinking about another small session to bolster my hair line when I get the income tax check. we'll see...

drharkiran771

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because hair transplant costs more (sometimes less) that totally depend upon the number of grafts you are taking and the normal price is 30000Inr that too is starting price and it can Fluctuate or change based on the clinic, Skills of doctor and Reputation and as well as number of grafts that you need to be transplanted.