Who Would Help Fund A Kerastem Therapy?

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, lurker here for the last few months. I am going to be in Europe this summer and am also considering making a stop there. My hair loss is still fairly early on, so hoping that this is the right way to go. I had tried finasteride and currently still use minoxidil, but I think you all know enough about how that can go for people. Anyway, had my consultation with the BelPrime folks this afternoon and probably going to decide in the next 24 hours or so whether I want to do it.

I was bummed that they couldn't really show me any results beyond the studies done at the other clinics, though she said that all of her patients are happy and unlike other treatments like PRP nobody has needed to come back yet. Its hard to know how to break down a sales job vs. medical advice for something completely cosmetic, but I'm at the point where I make good enough money and this finally seems like something pretty effective (at least for young guys) it would be worth the gamble. Worst case, it doesn't work and I'm poorer but its a risk I think I'm willing to take. I can always make more money, and if it does work the improvement on my mental health will easily be worth it. My friend compared it to getting braces… ok maybe less proven, but justifiable. Maybe we can start collecting our results for others.

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh, for anyone wondering what my before shots are like: http://imgur.com/a/pWhk4

I've since cut my hair shorter, and I look a lot better for it (thinning way less noticeable), and I think my own attitude changes may have helped the loss recently but who really knows.

maomao

Reaction score
Oh, for anyone wondering what my before shots are like: http://imgur.com/a/pWhk4

I've since cut my hair shorter, and I look a lot better for it (thinning way less noticeable), and I think my own attitude changes may have helped the loss recently but who really knows.

If I had your hair from that photo I'd be over the moon already. If you improve it with kerastem, you should be a very happy bunny!

Good luck!

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I'm confirmed for July 19..and will be taking lots of before and afters to share too. Looks like we will have some good numbers for what's shaping up to be a bit if a community trial. Good luck people!

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How many injections did you guys have? I just read 32 pages :eek: and i thought i read 5-6 in the beginning. But this seems low?

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok guys sorry to disappoint all of you but I've postponed my treatment for September, reason being is that I'll be having bruises for at least two weeks and can't expose them to the sun and I want to be on the seaside July and August. Mr. Blackber told me he had it for a good 3-4 weeks.
Can you ask him how big they were? I am supposed to go to Hvar 10 days after my procedure...

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@ Lynney and Blackbear

How much are you shedding in comparis to before the treatment (estimate in hair). Do you think hairloss is stabilized?

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok guys sorry to disappoint all of you but I've postponed my treatment for September, reason being is that I'll be having bruises for at least two weeks and can't expose them to the sun and I want to be on the seaside July and August. Mr. Blackber told me he had it for a good 3-4 weeks.

same reason why I'll go in sept.

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
significant improvement imho.

ba2.jpg

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
Bought my flights in/out of Belgrade yesterday on Expedia. Have until 1 PM to decide to use free cancellation within 24 hours. Oye.

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
jayefbee, when are you coming here?
@Vincent777 I'd be having the procedure the afternoon of July 27th (Wed) and then flying to Berlin the 29th.

I was already doing a European trip (London, Ibiza/Barcelona, Tomorrowland/Brussels, Berlin) so I was trying to keep my original vacation schedule/limit bumping my flight home from Berlin too much… so it's kind of a compressed period for the procedure I understand… and probably a ballsy move to do right after a music festival hopefully the two nights in Brussels gives me some recovery time.

Katarina said that as long as I stay the second night it is ok to not be there for the standard third when we had the Skype call -- they mainly just want to have a follow up the second day I believe she said.

Would be up for meeting up the 28th sometime though if you were in town/had time though.

1 hour to cancel my flights, wish we had more data to make better decisions overall. There's a definite part of me saying "well maybe it will be available in the US next year and I'll make it… and then I'm just back around the mental circuit when I do a fly by with my phone camera seeing how the thinning actually is going and not wanting to wait longer to try to do something.

I think the main hang up is trying to determine how much of this is snake oil like most of the other things, I guess we can't know until people like us bite the bullet. Trying to use @Blackber and @linney45 as inspiration -- just wish they did it a few months earlier to have more data :p

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, well @Blackber and @linney45 did say their shedding stopped, for how long will see. I'm still indecisive whether to sacrifice July at the sea and do it now or do it in September.
Is it just b/c you don't want to show bruising? Or are you worried about the sun on bruises (or the soreness I guess more like it probably)

If you're in/around Belgrade already, I don't think waiting till September will hurt you much to be honest… it's probably more of a mental strain than something that will hurt your head overall.

For me, it's primarily a matter of having the time to travel for it wouldn't come around for at least another year most likely, and I figured since I'm already pretty close I'd just add it to my trip. It just so happened I found out about this at all within the last 2 months to think about it after trying to see what else there was after not wanting to continue with finasteride.

To be honest, much of it is also just knowing that I at least tried what seems like the best available option left for me. If it simply stopped loss like the others have said I would take it as a huge enough win. Hopefully buying enough time as most hope for I think. If it didn't work, well I'd probably just accept my inevitable baldness sooner.

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using minoxidil since last November… though to be honest I don't think there's ever been any variation in my shedding quantity since I started… so I don't even know how much it's really working. I sure hate applying it… but I'm also a prisoner afraid to stop now :p I mostly just switched to liquid most nights and foam days when I don't have to do anything important/impressive but gave up worrying about it strictly 2x a day.

Objectively, my hair is still not totally awful yet and as I said earlier a shorter haircut than I had really has gone a long way in making things seem normal. Hoping that just means I'd take to the Kerastem better or get a little more mileage out of however long it's benefits last.

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, my free cancellation has expired… guess I'm in for this now. Just sent the clinic my flight information and waiting to hear back about the rest. Can't help but feel a bit crazy still.

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
You know what, good lol! I've realized as hopeless as I am that if Kerastem stops working after less than 12 months it's not worth it for me with my salary and my country's standard. My salary is 450-500 eur a month, I can use that money for a hair transplant even though I'm diffusing everywhere I'm still hoping it will f*cking stop at one point because I'm hoping I'm following my paternal grandfather male pattern baldness pattern. I'm gonna wait at least 'till September to see how linney45 and Blackber are doing. The downside is I get to lose more hair until September but f*ck it, I can regain it with hair transplant or hopefully if God is merciful with some future treatment.
To be honest, given your proximity I think it's most prudent for you to wait to see some longer results from people… and who knows if one of us has a breakthrough in the mean time you can always choose to do it a little earlier, as long as the facility is open (Katarina mentioned summer vacation)