Who Would Help Fund A Kerastem Therapy?

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You know what, good lol! I've realized as hopeless as I am that if Kerastem stops working after less than 12 months it's not worth it for me with my salary and my country's standard. My salary is 450-500 eur a month, I can use that money for a hair transplant even though I'm diffusing everywhere I'm still hoping it will f*cking stop at one point because I'm hoping I'm following my paternal grandfather male pattern baldness pattern. I'm gonna wait at least 'till September to see how linney45 and Blackber are doing. The downside is I get to lose more hair until September but f*ck it, I can regain it with hair transplant or hopefully if God is merciful with some future treatment.

Can diffuse thinning do that on it's own? Stop completely? I had heard that diffuse thinning almost never leads to full baldness..

I'd also heard diffuse thinning is about your hair cycles but I could/probably am wrong..

How much/how many grafts is the hair transplant you're looking at?

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, my free cancellation has expired… guess I'm in for this now. Just sent the clinic my flight information and waiting to hear back about the rest. Can't help but feel a bit crazy still.

How much has your Kerastem procedure come out too?

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
How much has your Kerastem procedure come out too?
It's mentioned elsewhere in this, but BelPrime charges 4500 Euro which in addition to the procedure includes transport to/from airport and up to 3 nights stay, which is quite a deal relative to the other locations offering this.

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's mentioned elsewhere in this, but BelPrime charges 4500 Euro which in addition to the procedure includes transport to/from airport and up to 3 nights stay, which is quite a deal relative to the other locations offering this.

Sorry, I didn't want to read through 30+ pages haha.

Well I'm happy you found a good deal. The money you're spending though why wouldn't you get a hair transplant instead? Especially if no one knows how permanent Kerastem lasts..

I guess it's like a sequence of injections and then they send you on your merry way haha?

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't want to read through 30+ pages haha.

Well I'm happy you found a good deal. The money you're spending though why wouldn't you get a hair transplant instead? Especially if no one knows how permanent Kerastem lasts..

I guess it's like a sequence of injections and then they send you on your merry way haha?
The main reason is that an hair transplant is a lot more interrupting and I think my hairloss is too early for one anyway. I have diffuse thinning more than anything (slight temple recession but mostly thinning) and this treatment seems very effective at stopping additional loss. My goal is to hopefully stop it in it's tracks and buy some more time until there are newer treatments (and if I do ever want a hair transplant, not exhaust my donors so early).

This treatment seems to be best for people still in early stages of hair loss. If I could get 30% regrowth like the best responder, I'd have a pretty solid head of hair. Right now, my hair loss isn't terrible and if I didn't get growth but just halted it, I'd be happy. The fact that the company had IMO really good early results and is actually going for FDA approval is ultimately what put it over the edge for me to be worth taking a gamble on it. Ultimately, that is what it is - a gamble. I use minoxidil currently, and tried finasteride but didn't tolerate it well… so just looking for more options to buy time until we are able to clone hair hopefully within the next decade. If I could ditch minoxidil that'd be pretty great too.

You can see how it works here, http://kerastem.com - ultimately it's refining your own body fat and seeding your scalp with it. The closest thing I can think of is trying to fertilize a lawn with a fresh bunch of soil. The key to this seems to be the fat part.

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hairloss seems a lot like mine and you're kind of selling this Kerastem thing to me. If I knew it would give me 5+ years of hair (I also have lost about 30% density in 4/5 months, possibly lost some to immense anxiety and stress it caused me from discovering my hair receding and thinning rapidly) I would probably go through with it..

Considering a hair transplant when I'm older but had Norwood 6/7 grandparents so I may not have enough hair to cover it eventually. Also have like no body fat at all so I wonder where Kerstem will get fat from for me haha.

I wish you all the best on your endeavours. Let us know how you get on as I am going to put this in my list of possible options. :)

I'm only 22 and 4500 euros is a lot though :(

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
Vincent,

Can you get lynney to post a pic in this thread?

Also, anyone heard anything from Christopher1 on the other site who did his procedure in swiss?

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
For all of the guys that got it done, did you happen to ask if this stem cell injection will interfere with future treatments that likely also involve stem cell injections into the scalp. Inquiring with how long the stem cells will remain active or out of sync with the rest of the body. And if it could potentially have harmful reactions from other stem cells. To the guys that are going there make sure you ask this, and please report back.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will do. However you could just email the clinic and the doctor will likely respond with an answer.

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh I definitely will before I get the treatment, I'm just recommending it for you guys. As the General consensus seems to be that this is for maintenance until a better treatment, so we better make sure it doesn't interfere. And since a lot of you guys are going to be getting it in mind as well get the information now rather than wait

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
For all of the guys that got it done, did you happen to ask if this stem cell injection will interfere with future treatments that likely also involve stem cell injections into the scalp. Inquiring with how long the stem cells will remain active or out of sync with the rest of the body. And if it could potentially have harmful reactions from other stem cells. To the guys that are going there make sure you ask this, and please report back.
When I spoke to Katarina she said there should be no impact on future treatments.

As for the stem cells themselves, I think there's still a bit of an unknown as to whether the treatment is effective from them, or from the fat layer itself. She mentioned using stem cells in things like hair transplants to help accelerate healing, and perhaps thats why people see results quickly. It may be that the replenished scalp fat may be the key to revitalizing other follicles, but I'm not a doctor.

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
As Kerastem seems to stop shedding, I would consider this treatment after my hair transplant in September 2016. The only thing that worries me is that we have no clue how long the treatment can last for. Could be 1 year but also 10 years. As I am on finasteride, RU, min, S5 and seeing regrowth after about 4 months into my regimen, I will probs do the Kerastem thing in the winter 2017. Until then we should know whether it works or not. Paying 4.5 grand for something that won't last at least 4-5 years would be an absolute waste of money, but then we do not have 4-5 years to wait, do we :p.

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
It'll be interesting we have about four or five people that have or are getting the treatment done. If all of the data and statistics kerastem have provided are true,that means at least one of them is highly likely to see some pretty decent regrowth 10 to 30% would be quite substantial considering a lot of us are going early in the battle

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
It'll be interesting we have about four or five people that have or are getting the treatment done. If all of the data and statistics kerastem have provided are true,that means at least one of them is highly likely to see some pretty decent regrowth 10 to 30% would be quite substantial considering a lot of us are going early in the battle
Well… I want to be that optimistic… though the original data set isn't with a very large sample. What 6-9 people? I don't think that really implies anything statistically significant yet. There's certainly a fairly significant pessimistic side of all this me that it's probably more snake oil. I guess we'll all know this winter though. Would be a really nice birthday gift later this year if my hair was growing back though :p

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
You know it's not the efficacy of the treatment that worries me but possible complication from liposuction that can result in death. Yep, it's called fat embolism, I contacted the clinic and they've confirmed that the risk from fat embolism is not 0 which means literally you can die from the procedure if the small layer of fat goes into your bloodstream and goes to your lungs or the brain. Obviously it doesn't happen that often but nobody can guarantee me it won't happen.

Blackbeer is going to call me paranoid now haha but it's what I've been told. They said they inform all of the patients of the potential complications before the procedure.

Sorry to turn out like a hater but this information really bummed me out.
Man, I'm flying to Europe TONIGHT and you had to say this now :p

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
You know it's not the efficacy of the treatment that worries me but possible complication from liposuction that can result in death. Yep, it's called fat embolism, I contacted the clinic and they've confirmed that the risk from fat embolism is not 0 which means literally you can die from the procedure if the small layer of fat goes into your bloodstream and goes to your lungs or the brain. Obviously it doesn't happen that often but nobody can guarantee me it won't happen.

Blackbeer is going to call me paranoid now haha but it's what I've been told. They said they inform all of the patients of the potential complications before the procedure.

Sorry to turn out like a hater but this information really bummed me out.

Vincent you better prey there are future treatments coming soon or have a cup of concrete and get on Finasteride as unfortunately that is probably the best and only treatment we currently have that actually works for the vast majority.

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey man I missed your post completely. Have you done it? You could've contacted me for the info about the city and stuff since I live in Belgrade.
Haha, I wouldn't worry about that. That is a very, very rare thing that never happens. And it only has happened in the past to people who have had large liposuction procedures.

I had a septoplasty surgery recently and the doctors told me that there is a rare and small chance of puncturing my skull when removing the cartilage in my nose, and that would leak CSF fluid from my brain, which could potentially kill me. I freaked out about that but then every single doctor laughed and said it would never happen.

I wouldn't be concerned about it. Think about the thousands of clinics all over the world who perform liposuction every single day for all sorts of procedures.

And also, i'm reading that modern clinics only use blunt-tipped cannulas (which is what they use in Belgrade), and those instruments do not cut into blood vessels.