Who Would Help Fund A Kerastem Therapy?

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update...

Shedding and inflammation in my scalp returned a couple weeks ago.

I just hit the 2 months mark - the studies show the efficacy of the treatment measured between 3-6 months so I wouldn't read into this too much.

I'll get you guys another update if I see any changes and/or once I hit the 3-6 months mark.

I understood that inflammation never left your scalp.
As for shedding, well, it would be a nice benefit to stop it, but I wouldn't count on this either.
Replenishing stem cells in the scalp has little to do effect on inflammation and shedding, imho.
Or rather, is so more needed when inflammation and shedding are consuming stem cells.
@Swoop and the wise men pls advise here.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I understood that inflammation never left your scalp.
As for shedding, well, it would be a nice benefit to stop it, but I wouldn't count on this either.
Replenishing stem cells in the scalp has little to do effect on inflammation and shedding, imho.
Or rather, is so more needed when inflammation and shedding are consuming stem cells.
@Swoop and the wise men pls advise here.
I still had inflammation after the treatment and further still when I experienced reduced shedding but there was a point where my inflammation went away.

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
I still had inflammation after the treatment and further still when I experienced reduced shedding but there was a point where my inflammation went away.
oh, I missed that point.
Anyway, the goal is to add strength to your follicles against the depletion from inflammation and shedding.
If they subside, is a nice add-on. But if Kerastem works, you can bear with them in a more relaxed way I guess.
Wish you the best, keep us posted.

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
@Blackber @hilbert

QQ: did the treatment lead to any acceleration of short term loss or anything similar (both the immediate 'trauma' / a few days after the 10s of injections, then over the next weeks and months?)

Also, just out of interest given you've done the research etc, what's your % level of confidence that the treatment will stop further loss over a year 0% = none, 100% = certain)

Thanks

ecilotero10

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Blackber @hilbert

QQ: did the treatment lead to any acceleration of short term loss or anything similar (both the immediate 'trauma' / a few days after the 10s of injections, then over the next weeks and months?)

Also, just out of interest given you've done the research etc, what's your % level of confidence that the treatment will stop further loss over a year 0% = none, 100% = certain)

Thanks

I'm really interested in their thoughts. If a few users report at least stop of hair loss and it is safe, for me it's worth the price.

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
Cancerous growth from stem cells is mostly associated with embryonic. Stem cells known as autologous ( from our own body) which is the case with the stem cells are thought to be very safe! People have been getting bone marrow stem cells for over 10 years down, as well as umbilical cord blood cells from actual donors, this is also common practice in China and I believe the cord blood cells are extremely safe. I don't have much knowledge in regards to these fat derma cells but considering they do come from our body they are a lot safer.

ecilotero10

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you mean by safe? If you mean stem cells as if people can get cancer 10 years down the line, nobody can answer you that at the moment but people were doing other types of stem cells treatment and most of the people didn't had bad side effects. If you mean the procedure itself, google liposuction risks. I really don't like the fact that there is fat embolism risk involved with liposuctions, although a slim chance of that happening, but if it happens it's quite fatal.

Cancerous growth from stem cells is mostly associated with embryonic. Stem cells known as autologous ( from our own body) which is the case with the stem cells are thought to be very safe! People have been getting bone marrow stem cells for over 10 years down, as well as umbilical cord blood cells from actual donors, this is also common practice in China and I believe the cord blood cells are extremely safe. I don't have much knowledge in regards to these fat derma cells but considering they do come from our body they are a lot safer.

Well, I was talking about stem cells safety, but after your answers I think I'll consider all the possible risks before starting anything.

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
Quick summary as I'm finally awake:

Got into the office around 2 PM and maybe started around 3-4 or so after more discussion and disclosures. Woke up around 11 pm although you are supposedly awake during parts at times, they said I told them I was bored when asked how I was doing, I remember little after initially laying on the table.

Body is notably sore and head throbbing a bit. The nurse told me there are some ~100 injections over the 5 main regions of the scalp area.

They took some before pictures and I saw a few others mostly with hair loss similar or a little more than my own. Don't know for sure but I think I may have been case #14? Not sure if that was just those with photos taking. The dr said that she is trying to work to find clinics near home that can take photos at 6 months time.

Eating pizza in the clinic until I pass out. There is tv and Wi-Fi, and I'm generally as comfortable as can be all things considered. Facilities are very shiny inside a more average looking building for Belgrade. Tomorrow I do a check up and then head to a hotel. Can't see, but am told there's some definite bruising.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick summary as I'm finally awake:

Got into the office around 2 PM and maybe started around 3-4 or so after more discussion and disclosures. Woke up around 11 pm although you are supposedly awake during parts at times, they said I told them I was bored when asked how I was doing, I remember little after initially laying on the table.

Body is notably sore and head throbbing a bit. The nurse told me there are some ~100 injections over the 5 main regions of the scalp area.

They took some before pictures and I saw a few others mostly with hair loss similar or a little more than my own. Don't know for sure but I think I may have been case #14? Not sure if that was just those with photos taking. The dr said that she is trying to work to find clinics near home that can take photos at 6 months time.

Eating pizza in the clinic until I pass out. There is tv and Wi-Fi, and I'm generally as comfortable as can be all things considered. Facilities are very shiny inside a more average looking building for Belgrade. Tomorrow I do a check up and then head to a hotel. Can't see, but am told there's some definite bruising.
Congrats dude! When you get a chance look in the mirror up close and raise your eyebrows. You'll be able to see where the fat was injected.

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
Update from Nathan_74 on the french forum. Here it is translated in google

http://www.international-hairlossforum.com/kerastem-t4159-75.html

"
Hi Vladimir sorry for the delay, first I had no time, and then I forgot: D

The appointment will be great, he was very enthusiastic, apparently regrowth are excellent (it took lots of pictures)

As he said, on top in the front now we can consider that the return to normal is complete (it confirms my impressions I have spoken to you before the appointment).

FYI I remember that at this place there falls were very recent, so it's not a miracle.

On top of the skull also pushes, but they are still fairly thin, it will take several months for it thickens.

That's news. The next appointment in 6 months (no specific date yet, they will contact me)
"

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it'd be fundamentally helpful if we can open a DEDICATED thread to let every forum member who took kerastem update their situation after a few months.

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
Back in the US… pretty sure that partying in Berlin is not the way to go after having this procedure (my flight out of Belgrade was also delayed, causing me to miss my connection and then they lost my luggage :( but luckily had the medication and my clothes in a carry on). I am a bit more bruised on my sides than I remember leaving the clinic probably from pushing it too much (that, and doing a lot in the stomach brace is somewhat difficult) and it was also very much a raging inferno in a lot of places… but also the brace is probably slightly too large for me. I highly recommend taking it easier than I did after doing this… do the full stay in Belgrade, and go directly home to rest.

Overall, the treatment at the facility was quite excellent so I have nothing bad to say in that regard as the rest of you who went also said. The hotel was in a pretty good location as well to see some sights afterward (park, river, museums) though it was fairy warm out wearing the wrap around my stomach. @Vincent777 wish we could have met up but perhaps you were gone?

That said, my head is finally starting to feel better (shampooing is no longer painful) and my stomach seems to be regaining strength. Will probably wear the brace another ~5 days or so to reach 10 like they recommended. Now the real wait… and trying to decide whether or not to resume minoxidil that I was using up until now but skipped the past two weeks b/c of impracticality. Hopefully I didn't just blow $5100 USD, not to mention the flights in and out (and the potentially lost forever luggage!)

Can also confirm, Serbian girls, dang :D

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
Regarding the bruising, at least for me, it's no joke. I look like I belong in a torso-shots-only fight club. Wish I didn't lose the bruise cream in my luggage, so going to try to find an alternative tomorrow.

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
To give you guys a sense of the bruising I got (though to be fair, I also did fairly stupid things like run through an airport terminal with a heavy backpack trying to make my flight and wearing a belt [however small] when they advised me not to, not to mention going to a bunch of clubs in Berlin) - here are some pics of my torso. YMMV. Probably best to do this when it's not the summer time.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56454/Kerastem/stomach-front.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56454/Kerastem/stomach-side.jpg

I don't have quite the abs like Vincent's photo, and I've got a bit of denting going on due to the chest brace being hard to keep from folding on itself, probably making the bruising worse. Somehow even my crotch got pretty bruised up as well :eek:, I don't think I was quite mentally prepared for the downtime although I did just come from a crazy music festival.

Also a video of me putting fingers through my hair (I realize I may be on the more aggressive side of posters here attempting this in regard to my loss progression, but the whole point of it is to jump on things early… minoxidil always makes thing look much worse, as does when my hair gets much longer - though perhaps I'm finally seeing something out of ~9 months of minoxidil usage):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56454/Kerastem/head-video.m4v

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
To give you guys a sense of the bruising I got (though to be fair, I also did fairly stupid things like run through an airport terminal with a heavy backpack trying to make my flight and wearing a belt [however small] when they advised me not to, not to mention going to a bunch of clubs in Berlin) - here are some pics of my torso. YMMV. Probably best to do this when it's not the summer time.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56454/Kerastem/stomach-front.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56454/Kerastem/stomach-side.jpg

I don't have quite the abs like Vincent's photo, and I've got a bit of denting going on due to the chest brace being hard to keep from folding on itself, probably making the bruising worse. Somehow even my crotch got pretty bruised up as well :eek:, I don't think I was quite mentally prepared for the downtime although I did just come from a crazy music festival.

Also a video of me putting fingers through my hair (I realize I may be on the more aggressive side of posters here attempting this in regard to my loss progression, but the whole point of it is to jump on things early… minoxidil always makes thing look much worse, as does when my hair gets much longer - though perhaps I'm finally seeing something out of ~9 months of minoxidil usage):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56454/Kerastem/head-video.m4v
My stomach bruising was wayyyy worse lol but went away after a couple weeks. You seem like a good candidate I hope it works out for you, until something better comes along.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So strange I had maybe 1 or 2 super faint thumb sized bruised. Anyway I wouldn't care if my stomach looked like the walking dead as long as this works.

Anyone heard from @lynney45 ? I wonder if he's noticing anything these days. He's a few months in now I think?