Who Would Help Fund A Kerastem Therapy?

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
Stupidon,

If your are to undergo this procedure, just do not go under radar afterwards :). We need to see your progress and how long regrowth lasted for :).

But yeah, if it helps you maintain for 2 years then 1k perhaps 1.5k should be the price for the procedure. This is why we need you guys on this forum to see whether you have had good results afterwards, so the rest of us can get it done.

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
Could you make this sentence more clear please:

"A guy in a french forum did the procedure in Geneva and if he confirmed they could not answer on how long the results would last, they said it might save you a decade."

Thanks.

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
Stupidon,

If your are to undergo this procedure, just do not go under radar afterwards :). We need to see your progress and how long regrowth lasted for :).

But yeah, if it helps you maintain for 2 years then 1k perhaps 1.5k should be the price for the procedure. This is why we need you guys on this forum to see whether you have had good results afterwards, so the rest of us can get it done.
I can make a log and update it on a quarterly basis but do not expect too much on the growth side as my hair are still here.

Could you make this sentence more clear please:

"A guy in a french forum did the procedure in Geneva and if he confirmed they could not answer on how long the results would last, they said it might save you a decade."

Thanks.
The original quote:

"Oui c'est assez flou, ils le reconnaissent eux-mêmes : lors du premier rdv, il m'a dit que ça me ferait peut-être gagner 10 ans, mais il a bien insisté sur le fait que ce n'est pas une solution ultime et définitive."

Basically they do not know how long it works, maybe 10 years.

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
Stupidon,

It is alright, I myself have plenty of hairs as I underwent some hair transplant. I am more interested in maintenance and thus your log would be perfect. :)

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
Stupidon,

Well, it's 2 years and going. That is the longest someone has had the treatment so far, so it could be ten years, could be 30, could be three. The thing that makes me believe this is longer than two years, is because the primary cause of regrowth and repair is not the Stem Cell injection, it is the Fat injection. Because the fat in our scalp thinned out over the years, we are reinjecting a layer of fat. Do we expect that layer of fat to dissapear again? Maybe, maybe not, but I doubt if it did it would go away in a handful of years. I think this is more of a semi-permanent treatment, and honestly, i'd like to see how this works in synergy with other treatments, a strong feeling inside me thinks that this will make other treatments more potent since you are starting at the foundational level of the hair follicles.

Also, Blackber, thank you for the insight! I'll plan on doing this at the end of my trip!

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, it's 2 years and going. That is the longest someone has had the treatment so far, so it could be ten years, could be 30, could be three. The thing that makes me believe this is longer than two years, is because the primary cause of regrowth and repair is not the Stem Cell injection, it is the Fat injection. Because the fat in our scalp thinned out over the years, we are reinjecting a layer of fat. Do we expect that layer of fat to dissapear again? Maybe, maybe not, but I doubt if it did it would go away in a handful of years. I think this is more of a semi-permanent treatment, and honestly, i'd like to see how this works in synergy with other treatments, a strong feeling inside me thinks that this will make other treatments more potent since you are starting at the foundational level of the hair follicles.

Also, Blackber, thank you for the insight! I'll plan on doing this at the end of my trip!

You are right mate, this could be a semi-permanent treatment. This + hair transplant to fill in temples or the front region combined with topicals afterwards. If your are going to get this procedure done, please stay on the page, so we can see your progress. :)

Hamsterman4

Reaction score
Long time lurker. I have diffuse hair loss and am on dutasteride and minoxidil. I still have a reasonable covering but it feels like death by a thousand cuts right now.

I'd be happy to try the treatment but is there any preference between Geneva and Belgrade? Is there any indication that either clinic has any value added?

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Long time lurker. I have diffuse hair loss and am on dutasteride and minoxidil. I still have a reasonable covering but it feels like death by a thousand cuts right now.

I'd be happy to try the treatment but is there any preference between Geneva and Belgrade? Is there any indication that either clinic has any value added?

I can definitely relate to "death by 1,000 cuts"

From what I've read the Geneva clinic seems to have treated more patients? At least they had more pictures from what I've read but they will only show you pictures in person.

They're both listed on Kerastem's website and certified to perform the procedure.

For whatever reason Geneva is double the cost of Belgrade.

I chose Belgrade and had a great experience. The clinic and staff were top notch and I got to hang with Vincent a bit.

The clinic sets up EVERYTHING for you and really goes out of their way to make sure you feel comfortable your whole stay. Nothing but good things to say about them, just hoping the treatment helps me.

polo

Reaction score

From what I've read the Geneva clinic seems to have treated more patients? At least they had more pictures from what I've read but they will only show you pictures in person.

They're both listed on Kerastem's website and certified to perform the procedure.

I chose Belgrade and had a great experience. The clinic and staff were top notch and I got to hang with Vincent a bit.

The clinic sets up EVERYTHING for you and really goes out of their way to make sure you feel comfortable your whole stay. Nothing but good things to say about them, just hoping the treatment helps me.

Geneva is probably double the cost, because everything costs a lot more there. Minimum wage there is also very high, can't remember what exactly it was.

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
Geneva is probably double the cost, because everything costs a lot more there. Minimum wage there is also very high, can't remember what exactly it was.

Exactly, it is double the cost in Switzerland due to general prices there. Both clinics are listed on the Kerastem website :)

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
54856-200.png

Tomtom21

Established Member
Reaction score

whatsup blackber.. if ya dont mind me asking how much did the whole procedure cost at Belgrade... im contemplating getting it done all comes down to price really .. if ya dont want to say the exact amount could ya ballpark it for me i.e 3-4 thousand 5-6thousand etc. thanks man

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
whatsup blackber.. if ya dont mind me asking how much did the whole procedure cost at Belgrade... im contemplating getting it done all comes down to price really .. if ya dont want to say the exact amount could ya ballpark it for me i.e 3-4 thousand 5-6thousand etc. thanks man

Hey Tomtom21,

I don't mind at all, plus I think at this point it's pretty common knowledge lol.

They charge 4500 Euro for the procedure, I'm from the US so with the exchange rate it came out to around $5,100USD from what I remember. The pricing from BelPrime in Belgrade includes accommodations and taxi cabs to and from the airport. They really go out of their way to make sure everything is taken care of for you and to make you feel comfortable there. They stay in constant contact with you via phone and text and give you plenty of tourist information about the city.

Besides the 4500 Euro you pay to BelPrime the only other cost is the plane tickets and money for food. I was in Belgrade for 5 days and I think I spent $50USD on food.

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

How are you feeling? How long before you removed the lipo-vest? Any noticed differences in your scalp? Back to 100% to exercise?

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey Noob,

I'm feeling pretty good. I'm a little past three weeks from the procedure.

I wore the lipo vest for maybe 1.5 weeks after the surgery. The discoloration from the bruising is just about gone, I still have some minor swelling but it's going away day by day and I definitely notice a difference in my waist line which is a nice added benefit lol.

I felt very minor swelling in my scalp for 3-4 days after the surgery and then it was completely gone.

Now for the good news.... Similar to Christopher1 on the other hair site my shedding decreased dramatically about a week ago. I informed Vincent777 and Lynney about this already. I was planning on waiting a few more weeks before posting anything on the forums but I figured I'd let you know since you asked. Usually whenever I showered or styled my hair I'd see hair all over my hands, now I'll see 1-2 hairs and often times none (keep in mind it's only been 1.5 weeks of this reduced shedding). I'm not sure how long this will last but it definitely brings some hope to me daily. I have not seen any regrowth yet and I'm not sure if I will, but for now I'm pretty happy. Best results usually come in the 3-6 months period and I'm nowhere near that so hopefully once I hit that timeframe I'll see some new hairs. I'm not going to tell everyone to run out and try this treatment but I'm personally pretty happy with it so far. Like I said earlier just knowing I did something to help combat Androgenetic Alopecia other than finasteride (which I got sides from) or minoxidil makes me feel better. With all the news coming out lately about Histogen and possibly JAK's I'm hoping my plan of using Kerastem to buy me some time for a new treatment works.

I still have that inflamed feeling in my scalp (this had nothing to do with the surgery I felt this before the surgery and assume it's the usual Androgenetic Alopecia burn you feel) which I was hoping would go away but as long as my hairloss stays dramatically reduced I can deal with it - who knows, maybe it will eventually go away I'm still pretty early in the process.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions.

paxis

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Noob,

I'm feeling pretty good. I'm a little past three weeks from the procedure.

I wore the lipo vest for maybe 1.5 weeks after the surgery. The discoloration from the bruising is just about gone, I still have some minor swelling but it's going away day by day and I definitely notice a difference in my waist line which is a nice added benefit lol.

I felt very minor swelling in my scalp for 3-4 days after the surgery and then it was completely gone.

Now for the good news.... Similar to Christopher1 on the other hair site my shedding decreased dramatically about a week ago. I informed Vincent777 and Lynney about this already. I was planning on waiting a few more weeks before posting anything on the forums but I figured I'd let you know since you asked. Usually whenever I showered or styled my hair I'd see hair all over my hands, now I'll see 1-2 hairs and often times none (keep in mind it's only been 1.5 weeks of this reduced shedding). I'm not sure how long this will last but it definitely brings some hope to me daily. I have not seen any regrowth yet and I'm not sure if I will, but for now I'm pretty happy. Best results usually come in the 3-6 months period and I'm nowhere near that so hopefully once I hit that timeframe I'll see some new hairs. I'm not going to tell everyone to run out and try this treatment but I'm personally pretty happy with it so far. Like I said earlier just knowing I did something to help combat Androgenetic Alopecia other than finasteride (which I got sides from) or minoxidil makes me feel better. With all the news coming out lately about Histogen and possibly JAK's I'm hoping my plan of using Kerastem to buy me some time for a new treatment works.

I still have that inflamed feeling in my scalp (this had nothing to do with the surgery I felt this before the surgery and assume it's the usual Androgenetic Alopecia burn you feel) which I was hoping would go away but as long as my hairloss stays dramatically reduced I can deal with it - who knows, maybe it will eventually go away I'm still pretty early in the process.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions.

You kinda had the same situation as I have currently: Full hand of hair when styling and showering and also the feeling in my scalp. Really glad to hear that your shedding has been reduced so greatly. Hope this will last long for you!

I've considered kerastem always as a better option than a hair transplant, because it actually keeps the original hair on top while your potentional donor area stays untouched. But well that only applys for people whose Norwood isn't that high.

However.

I would really like to know more detailed information about your person. Like your current Norwood, your age, you hairloss story.. and so on. Maybe open a new thread and leave a link here? It's somehow hard to follow up in such a big thread. Would really appreciate it man.

Thanks for the update and let us stay tuned!