Who Would Help Fund A Kerastem Therapy?

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You kinda had the same situation as I have currently: Full hand of hair when styling and showering and also the feeling in my scalp. Really glad to hear that your shedding has been reduced so greatly. Hope this will last long for you!

I've considered kerastem always as a better option than a hair transplant, because it actually keeps the original hair on top while your potentional donor area stays untouched. But well that only applys for people whose Norwood isn't that high.

However.

I would really like to know more detailed information about your person. Like your current Norwood, your age, you hairloss story.. and so on. Maybe open a new thread and leave a link here? It's somehow hard to follow up in such a big thread. Would really appreciate it man.

Thanks for the update and let us stay tuned!

I'll get you a detailed description during the week.

I think I'm going to give it a shot if I can manage to get the money, my hair is diffusing all over and at this point even a hair transplant at Feriduni's clinic won't help me if I don't stabilize the hair loss.

Go for it man, nothing to lose but money and more hair. Better than waiting for other things that might never come. It's def slowed down my shedding without a doubt.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I'm about to book a treatment for July. For those who've had it, (Blackber / Lynney45..and Vincent777 who's seen patients), how "out of commission" are you after the procedure? It's pretty minor right? I mean, Lynney45 hit the bar right after didn't he? lol

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You kinda had the same situation as I have currently: Full hand of hair when styling and showering and also the feeling in my scalp. Really glad to hear that your shedding has been reduced so greatly. Hope this will last long for you!

I've considered kerastem always as a better option than a hair transplant, because it actually keeps the original hair on top while your potentional donor area stays untouched. But well that only applys for people whose Norwood isn't that high.

However.

I would really like to know more detailed information about your person. Like your current Norwood, your age, you hairloss story.. and so on. Maybe open a new thread and leave a link here? It's somehow hard to follow up in such a big thread. Would really appreciate it man.

Thanks for the update and let us stay tuned!

Hey paxis,

I'd say to the untrained eye I'm a slight NW1 - I have very slight receding in my temple area but I've always had a fairly high hairline, I'm also a diffuse thinner. The hair on the top of my head is much thinner than it used to be and my crown is noticeably thinning but my hair is fairly long and I pull it back which conceals a lot of my issues. When my hair is wet you can clearly see the top of my head is thinning, so I style my hair with "matte" hair products. Most people don't notice I'm losing my hair and even when I tell certain people they don't believe me.

I'm 28 years old, I'd say I noticed my hair started thinning about 5-6 years ago. I have/had very thick hair so it's taken a while for Androgenetic Alopecia to get to the point I'm at now. I still have a decent amount of hair that's why Kerastem was appealing to me because it seems like it's for early hair loss sufferers who are young and still have a fair amount of hair. My hope is that it just buys me a little time until more treatments come out, I'm not expecting a massive improvement. I hope this helps feel free to ask me anything else.

So I'm about to book a treatment for July. For those who've had it, (Blackber / Lynney45..and Vincent777 who's seen patients), how "out of commission" are you after the procedure? It's pretty minor right? I mean, Lynney45 hit the bar right after didn't he? lol

Hey Wilfred,

You'll definitely be in pain but it's not debilitating. More like a severe soreness, it makes you feel very uncomfortable i.e. don't wear jeans with a belt, much better off wearing sweat pants or something with an elastic waistband. After the surgery you're going to sleep for like 16 hours lol but after that I was walking around all over Belgrade without issues. It was about a 12 hour plane ride for me door to door on the way home. I did feel some discomfort and irritation on the plane but nothing serious.

Keep in mind I'm referring to the lipo - my head was completely fine the next day with very minor soreness.

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
Cvery interesting, thicker is great but what about the spaces in between hairs, like hairs density,for that to happen dormant hair follicles would have to regrow?

eriklarsson4

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys! I´ve been following this thread with great interest. I´ve also kinda decided to go for the treatment. Guess it´s worth a shot..

However, I´ve contacted the belgrade clinic twice thru email. No answers and it´s been two-three weeks since my first one. How did you proceed?

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the same issues with emails, but be sure to check your junk mail folder. I found that all initial replies were routed there until I added them to the safe list.

But just email them if you found no response. Sometimes for whatever reason they miss one or something. Its not intentional on there side. I emailed them yesterday to confirm procedure date for July but they haven't responded yet. It is the weekend though and I don't think they work weekends.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They're usually very prompt. Def check your junk or just sent them another email.

@wilfred, where are you traveling from?

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Blackber I'm coming from Vancouver, BC.

I think I'm like a NW1, perhaps 2. I quit finasteride a couple years ago, so my goal is maintenance. Obviously a little regrowth would be always be great but I'd be happy with halting further loss.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@Blackber I'm coming from Vancouver, BC.

I think I'm like a NW1, perhaps 2. I quit finasteride a couple years ago, so my goal is maintenance. Obviously a little regrowth would be always be great but I'd be happy with halting further loss.

Geez how long of a flight is that?

eriklarsson4

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I´ve checked my junk mail, and there´s nothing there.

@Vincent777 I´m lost at this website, I can´t find a pm option. Might be cus there´s limitations placed at my account since I haven´t been a active member..

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
eriklarsson4, wilfred I'm going to Beplrime for a hair exam and consultation on Tuesday, shoot me a pm with your emails and/or names and I'll tell them to check their inbox for your emails.
What kind of hair exam will they conduct? Thinning mapping & prognostic?
Planing to go mid July on my side, I do not want to wait anymore.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw, the thing I forgot with this, which is beneficial is that maybe the fat injection itself provides you a better environment. More aromatase expression will lead to more Testosterone > Estradiol conversion and we know that estradiol is a good thing.

Fat is a great source of aromatase so.. Dunno if anybody thought of this.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright guys, I've booked my Kerastem treatment for the next week, hold them fingers crossed for me.

Good luck, Vincent. Are you already or planning to take finasteride or minoxidil too? 29% increase doesn't impress me, but it could be better in conjunction with other treatments.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good luck Vincent, should be a very easy procedure for you since you live right there!!

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
Good luck @Vincent777 -- i'll ping you soon about my trip to Serbia, still getting all the details ironed out. @lynney45 can you post some pics of your 2.5 month progress?

I'm very happy to hear all the good stuff going on in this thread

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So it looks like the US trial will last until July 2017, then if they do phase 3 this could maybe be available around 2018-2019 in the US?

Could any of you guys that have had this done possibly give a rough estimate of total cost?

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Also I found this study from Sept. 2015:

The authors reported a 100% patient response rate to the Kerastem Therapy at 6-months and in patients with early stage hair loss, the percentage increase in hair count/density was a mean difference of 17% (p = 0.02). In males with early grade loss, an average 29% increase (p=0.057) in hair count/hair density with a mean difference of 40 hairs per square centimeter was observed.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kerastem-hair-growth-clinical-trial-update-300255721.html

This was the best little animation Ive seen for a treatment. Actually made my day a little better. Thanks for the link

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
A victorious return Vincent!
giphy.gif