Who Would Help Fund A Kerastem Therapy?

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
IDK much about this or BTT, but what's the probability of someone calling and having a discussion about it? Or even suggesting the idea of having an representative from Kerastem on the show to clear things up with the general population of Androgenetic Alopecia sufferers? Perhaps the guy that runs the show (forgot his name) could address some of our questions and concerns and it would be made available to a greater population of people. idk... :doh:

Spencer Kobren is his name

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score
I also think that it is not working in reality, but we absolutely need to know it! There are no other treatments in the near future available. If everybody donates a little bit, we will know it.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is someone gonna set up a go fund me or how does this work?

Once you determine the right clinic, lets get this cracking! I can literally feel the fat being depleted from my scalp as we speak. :tongue:

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
Once you determine the right clinic, lets get this cracking! I can literally feel the fat being depleted from my scalp as we speak. :tongue:

Yip lets get this cracking who are we contacting first with the Q+A? Shall we start compiling a list of questions?

Dhdh

Reaction score
what can you expect with kerastem ?I see pics of adsc and its look very good.
I have one question : multiplication of treatment can regrowth full hair ? I see amazing results with a lot of injection.It can be the cure imo.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I also think that it is not working in reality, but we absolutely need to know it! There are no other treatments in the near future available. If everybody donates a little bit, we will know it.

No we won't know it just by chipping in and sending someone to get the treatment. We won't know for sure if it works or not unless we first do a Q & A with Washinek (and hopefully a few others at Kerastem)
to first make sure that Belgrade is doing it right. You see, if we send Hellouser (without first finding out for sure if Belgrade is doing it correctly) then if it doesn't work on Hellouser we will assume that Kerastem
doesn't work but maybe the only reason it didn't work will be because Belgrade didn't do it according to the instructions. Perhaps if they had done it according to the instructions it would have worked. This is why
we need to a Q & A first. We need to find out for certain if Belgrade is doing it correctly. We don't want to get ahead of ourselves. Q & A first; Fund a treatment second.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No we won't. We won't know for sure if it works or not unless we first do a Q & A with Washinek )and a few others at Kerastem) to first make sure that Belgrade is doing it right. You see, if we send Hellouser (without
first finding out for sure if Belgrade is doing it correctly) then if it doesn't work on Hellouser we will assume that Kerastem doesn't work but it might have not worked just because Belgrade didn't do it according to the instructions.
Perhaps if they had done it according to the instructions it would have worked. This is why we need to a Q & A first. We need to find out for certain if Belgrade is doing it correctly.

So, if this truly works, in any manner, then he should be willing to do a Q & A, but perhaps he would take it more seriously (in terms of publicity) if he knew that it would reach a huge community. Perhaps someone should contact Spex, Joe Tillman, or the dude from the BTT show to conduct an interview or something?? idk how all this stuff works yet... but I know that perhaps going through an intermediate representative, we could probably work something out quicker.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, if this truly works, in any manner, then he should be willing to do a Q & A, but perhaps he would take it more seriously (in terms of publicity) if he knew that it would reach a huge community. Perhaps someone should contact Spex, Joe Tillman, or the dude from the BTT show to conduct an interview or something?? idk how all this stuff works yet... but I know that perhaps going through an intermediate representative, we could probably work something out quicker.

LOL! Spencer Kobren?! Please... that guy is the most dishonest salesman in the entire hair loss community. Remember, you're talking about a guy that we tried to raise money for to send to the Hair Congress. He denied. When we tried having our own initiative to send someone, he closed every thread and basically banned members.

Forget about him, he's useless.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
BuckT there is great value in the concept you're expressing. After all a coalition effort(s) is the right ( ideal) strategy to go for given the fact that we are confronted with so many personal and technical handicaps all ready.
So yes if we are seriously seeking solutions to propel our mutual agenda every potential resource must be evaluated on it's own merit and maximized.
Given the urgency of our situation we ought not be shy or too proud that we end up getting in our own way of progress..

Sometime ago I made a similar suggestion trying to bend the ear of SK (BTT) for the benefit of another project a pro-active member here was passionately pursuing. If I recall correctly
I think it may have been Hellouser who made a short but strong case against reaching out to them because of the same apathetic attitudes and opportunistic issues he observes over there and consistently rails against today.
To sum it up, I MOSTLY agree with Hell's critique on SK.

We humans are political creatures with a tendency towards narcissism and a hungry ego to feed and protect.
SK does have a disingenuous air about him that is a bit troubling to me,
but he also has an obese ego (not to mention a dubious comb-over) so yes you/we may be able to get his attention,
but I have serious doubts he'll be willing to share or play nicely.

If you have the time and the will then go for it and best of luck ( I mean it).

Diplomacy 101: (Sometimes) it's not what you say,,, it's how you say it.

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
No we won't know it just by chipping in and sending someone to get the treatment. We won't know for sure if it works or not unless we first do a Q & A with Washinek (and hopefully a few others at Kerastem)
to first make sure that Belgrade is doing it right. You see, if we send Hellouser (without first finding out for sure if Belgrade is doing it correctly) then if it doesn't work on Hellouser we will assume that Kerastem
doesn't work but maybe the only reason it didn't work will be because Belgrade didn't do it according to the instructions. Perhaps if they had done it according to the instructions it would have worked. This is why
we need to a Q & A first. We need to find out for certain if Belgrade is doing it correctly. We don't want to get ahead of ourselves. Q & A first; Fund a treatment second.

Hi nameless, I might have missed some posts in the last pages and wanted to make sure:
did you get any reply/info from the Concept clinic after compiling your contact form?

I've been asking some relatively simple questions (e.g. can you still apply topicals after the treatment) in the last few days, and always got a quick reply.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Hi nameless, I might have missed some posts in the last pages and wanted to make sure:
did you get any reply/info from the Concept clinic after compiling your contact form?

I've been asking some relatively simple questions (e.g. can you still apply topicals after the treatment) in the last few days, and always got a quick reply.

No I haven't. I'm going to try re-sending it.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL! Spencer Kobren?! Please... that guy is the most dishonest salesman in the entire hair loss community. Remember, you're talking about a guy that we tried to raise money for to send to the Hair Congress. He denied. When we tried having our own initiative to send someone, he closed every thread and basically banned members.

Forget about him, he's useless.

I concur. We shouldn't involve SK at all. I despise him.

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score
No I haven't. I'm going to try re-sending it.

- - - Updated - - -

I concur. We shouldn't involve SK at all. I despise him.

i received an answer from dr. schlaudraff. he is at a congress in the moment until monday. he promised me to give detailed answers to my questions afterwards.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys its worth bookmarking and keeping an eye on the thread below, a member on hairsite has had kerastem a few weeks ago and will be updating the thread as time goes on:

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-132362-page-0-category-1-order-last_answer.html

For those that don't feel like click on the link, here's what he had to say:

Hello all. I hope you have been well.

I had a Kerastem treatment 1 month ago. Here are the highlights:

I went to Geneva Switzerland. The procedure was roughly $8000. I showed up for a consulatation and went in the next day for a procedure. A few interesting points that have not been reported in the media. The doctor states that the efficacy/rate of response is somewhere between 70%-80% and not the higher figures often sited. I saw dozens and dozens of photographs of before and afters. One male subject, in his late 50's or early 60's was almost completely bald and he went from nearly a Norwood 5 to a Norwood 3.5. It was an astonishing photograph. However, those results were highly abnormal. Age and the amount of hair you already have on your head are the two largest determinants for success.

They put two small holes in my abdomen to take out the fat via liposuction, one on each side for symmetry's sake. The amount of fat looks like a lot when it is all out, about a full large glass. Half is then put into some sort of a centrifuge and the stem cells are taken out and then concentrated. The other half is injected into the scalp as fat from the abdomen. When the centrifuge is finished mixing, and the unadulterated fat has been injected, those concentrated stem cells are then injected into the scalp.

The pain is substantial for the next 24-48 hours, both in the scalp and the abdomen. It is not so bad as to be a deterrent. You can fly out in a day or so if you want. I chose to stay a few days to recoup.

I am one month out and I have, as expected, not seen results yet. The earliest results the doctor has reported seeing was 6 weeks from the date of procedure. Most people respond in 3-6 months.

If I do get results I will be posting before and afters here.

Best of luck to you all.

Any way where we could recruit the guy to be on HairLossTalk.com and keep us update? This is by far the most active forum.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Any way where we could recruit the guy to be on HairLossTalk.com and keep us update? This is by far the most active forum.
Isn't Christopher1 the guy who experimented with jak inhibitors by rubbing Tofacitinib on his scalp?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't Christopher1 the guy who experimented with jak inhibitors by rubbing Tofacitinib on his scalp?

Not sure.

Also, here's a quick video from Kerastem:

[video=youtube;oaaZnCq-ONA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaaZnCq-ONA[/video]

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score

good idea, but we can´t be sure that this guy is legit. we should get the funding done now and send someone of our community to switzerland!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
good idea, but we can´t be sure that this guy is legit. we should get the funding done now and send someone of our community to switzerland!

I'm still thinking about the suggestion of me going... the more I read about kerastem, the more i'm inclined on doing so.