Who Would Help Fund A Kerastem Therapy?

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score
no answer form dr. schlaudraff until now. maybe we should really try to get in touch with the belprime clinic. has anyone some infos about them?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is something i've missed... so balding is caused/connected to the depletion of dermis fat?

Research has shown that the follicles of vigorously growing hair are embedded in a layer of brown adipose tissue. However, in people with androgenetic alopecia, there's a lack of it around dormant follicles: bald areas are mostly depleted of fat tissue, but in the lower rear (occipital) region where hair loss does not occur, a thick layer of fat tissue is present. And it appears that this loss of fat layer occurs before follicle miniaturization and hair loss begins.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Research has shown that the follicles of vigorously growing hair are embedded in a layer of brown adipose tissue. However, in people with androgenetic alopecia, there's a lack of it around dormant follicles: bald areas are mostly depleted of fat tissue, but in the lower rear (occipital) region where hair loss does not occur, a thick layer of fat tissue is present. And it appears that this loss of fat layer occurs before follicle miniaturization and hair loss begins.

Hi, can you link any study regarding the loss of fat layer in balding areas?
TIA

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been thinking about it if you guys are up to send my balding *** to the Swiss clinic and have the procedure done as a guinea pig. First thing I'd like to do is maybe get a more indepth Q&A with the team at Kerastem? I have some of their personal phone numbers, Dr. Daniels and Dr. Washenik to be exact. I know my interview didn't go as I hoped, but perhaps we could, like before, round up a list of questions, get them answered and then decide on how to proceed?

Dus

Reaction score
I'm up for funding under the condition that the ball gets rolling fast. Otherwise I can just wait on Fase 2 results.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I'll chip in $100.

- - - Updated - - -

But we need to do the Q & A first. For all I know they'll exclude me so it may be pointless for me.

We need Q & A to make sure they won't say some of us have lost too much hair or whatever.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yup as long as the Q and A goes as planned and we get all the vital information, I am up for $300

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score
good idea hellouser, maybe this will save us all!

- - - Updated - - -

can someone start the donation side?

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
I would also donate - I also mentioned I'm prepared to go to Belgrade clinic myself if you would chip in for me.
Anyhow, I guess hellouser is the most reputable member of the community, so I definitely support him.

I can be patient #2.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I would be happy to see this work out (crowdfund),
however do we know whether they'll accept "participants" currently undergoing extensive therapies?
Hellouser is your regimen still as prolific as I remember and do you happen to have a recent pic showing us your hair loss?
Thanks and sorry if I'm getting ahead of myself.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
That’s too expensive for results that aren’t guaranteed. Is the price of this going to be more affordable in the next few years?

It's already more affordable. The Swiss are gouging. You can get it in Belgrade cheaper right now. They're charging about half as much. But we need to do the Q & A with Washenik first so we can be sure that Belgrade is following the Kerastem instructions perfectly.

parisienne

Established Member
Reaction score
I won't live far from Belgrade in about three months. If he's really doing the right process, I'm just doing this.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
The poster "Bad_Wolve" tells us that one of the doctors involved with with Washinek's effort to bring Kerastem to market is a doctor who up until recently worked at the Belgrade clinic now offering Kerastem. It's my understanding (from Bad_Wolve) that this woman was performing Kerastem at the Belgrade clinic and now is working with Washinek to put Kerastem through US FDA clinical trials and this women has apparently informed Bad-Wolve that one of her former partners at the Belgrade clinic is doing Kerastem procedures and has been doing them for some time. We need to confirm all of this with Washinek If this is the case then it would be best to send Hellouser to the Belgrade clinic because it would cost a lot less than the Swiss clinic.

We need to do a Q & A with the USA folks working on Kerastem so we can make sure we send our first patient to a clinic that is doing Kerastem exactly correctly.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
I may have my misgivings about Kerastem, but I'd still be willing to contribute - if only to be certain.

But I would suggest looking into that Serbian clinic's credibility thoroughly if that's indeed what we're going with.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
But I would suggest looking into that Serbian clinic's credibility thoroughly if that's indeed what we're going with.

I agree. That's why I want to have a Q & A with Washinek and others are Kerastem first. It would be nice if we could involve in our Q & A
the alleged female Doctor who used to work at the Belgrade clinic and now works with Washinek on the USA Kerastem team. If we could have
Washinek and her on the Q & A that would be perfect and then we could find out for sure if the Belgrade clinic is doing Kerastem properly
and if we could establish that then I would be glad to chip in. I would even chip in more than the $100 I've already pledged if we can get
the Q & A done. And it's not like we need to send Hellouser to the clinic tomorrow so we should establish contact with Washinek and
the female doctor he works with who used to work at the Belgrade clinic (it might be nice to also add the staff doctor from the
Kerastem office) and submit our Q & A. We should be able to wrap that all up within a month and then we would be armed with the
facts. If everything checks out we'd send Hellouser to Belgrade sometime in-between May & July at the latest. That sounds good to me.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree. That's why I want to have a Q & A with Washinek and others are Kerastem first. It would be nice if we could involve in our Q & A
the alleged female Doctor who used to work at the Belgrade clinic and now works with Washinek on the USA Kerastem team. If we could have
Washinek and her on the Q & A that would be perfect and then we could find out for sure if the Belgrade clinic is doing Kerastem properly
and if we could establish that then I would be glad to chip in. I would even chip in more than the $100 I've already pledged if we can get
the Q & A done. And it's not like we need to send Hellouser to the clinic tomorrow so we should establish contact with Washinek and
the female doctor he works with who used to work at the Belgrade clinic (it might be nice to also add the staff doctor from the
Kerastem office) and submit our Q & A. We should be able to wrap that all up within a month and then we would be armed with the
facts. If everything checks out we'd send Hellouser to Belgrade sometime in-between May & July at the latest. That sounds good to me.

IDK much about this or BTT, but what's the probability of someone calling and having a discussion about it? Or even suggesting the idea of having an representative from Kerastem on the show to clear things up with the general population of Androgenetic Alopecia sufferers? Perhaps the guy that runs the show (forgot his name) could address some of our questions and concerns and it would be made available to a greater population of people. idk... :doh: