Who Would Help Fund A Kerastem Therapy?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I'm still thinking about the suggestion of me going... the more I read about kerastem, the more i'm inclined on doing so.

Can we set up a Q & A with Washinek and perhaps the lady who used to work at the Belgrade clinic and now works with Washinek bringing Kerastem to market in the USA?

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Think we can get that guy to show us his scars? Wonder if they're as big as with regular lipo.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can we set up a Q & A with Washinek and perhaps the lady who used to work at the Belgrade clinic and now works with Washinek bringing Kerastem to market in the USA?
We'll need a list of questions first. I don't wanna try and get in touch with the Kerastem team without having anything to present to them.

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score
We'll need a list of questions first. I don't wanna try and get in touch with the Kerastem team without having anything to present to them.

hellouser do you think that kerastem and replicel could give DUPA sufferers results?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score

Well, let's all post our questions then.

We need to get this going.

I'll post my question by the end of today.

Let's get 'er done everybody.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, let's all post our questions then.

We need to get this going.

I'll post my question by the end of today.

Let's get 'er done everybody.

Should I start a new thread? I'll fire off some messages to the docs once done

- - - Updated - - -

hellouser do you think that kerastem and replicel could give DUPA sufferers results?

Should work the same way... I can only hope it does.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

Should work the same way... I can only hope it does.

Yes, start a new thread and specify that it's for serious questions only.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
It seems like the renewed interest in Kerastem only happened after the Samumed presentation at the conference. Do we actually believe in this or are we just racing now since our options are getting narrower....?

Haven't there been people who had this treatment with no change....? I wouldn't mind donating if this were actually a promising treatment, but this has been around for a while now.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems like the renewed interest in Kerastem only happened after the Samumed presentation at the conference. Do we actually believe in this or are we just racing now since our options are getting narrower....?

Haven't there been people who had this treatment with no change....? I wouldn't mind donating if this were actually a promising treatment, but this has been around for a while now.

I think yes, you are partially correct for some of us. But, what does it hurt? We are taking the necessary precautions to ensure it's the legitimate treatment, sending a well respected member, and logging all the results. At the expense of a couple hundred a person, it would be nice to have some first hand verification. We don't know if the other posters are getting the right treatment. We don't know how bias they are, if they are completely honest with results, etc... I will refrain on buying f*cking hair thickening shampoos and crap for a few months, to contribute that money towards something that will actually benefit the community, results or not.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score

Yup. Good idea. I'll post my questions tomorrow in your new Q & A thread.

One thing I will say in advance is that I would like Dr. Washinek to ask the lady from the Belgrade clinic (who now works with Dr. Washinek to being Kerastem to the US market) if the Belgrade clinic is doing the exact correct Kerastem treatment?

And if the Belgrade clinic is doing the exact same Kerastem then I would also like to know if Dr. Washinek or that lady could get us into contact with someone in the Belgrade clinic. I think it would be good for us if we could get introduced to the clinic by that lady. If we got her to introduce us to the clinic that would be kind of like her telling the Belgrade clinic that were special. And she might be willing to do it because she might want to help her colleagues that she used to work with there. We could make the point to Dr. Washinek and Dr. Gorana Kuka that if we get good results that would get the Belgrade Clinic and all of Kerastem some fame on the internet since word of our success would spread across all hair websites. Her name is Gorana Kuka and she's a Florida MD. If you go into the link below and scroll down to the section called Contacts and Locations she will be one of the doctors listed under United States, Florida.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02503852

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
anyone thought about joining the clinical trials here? maybe i missed the conversation.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score

You don't know what you're talking about. You should try reading about something before you comment on it.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
You don't know what you're talking about. You should try reading about something before you comment on it.

LOL. Coming from the guy who came up with the wacko theory that Samumed delayed its phase 2 trials to 'time' it with the 21st Century Act. The amount of times I held myself back from commenting on your asinine theories. You connect dots that don't exist and will come up with any excuse to sell yourself the slightest of hope.

You're going to be severely disappointed because of your deluded expectations.

I'll read before commenting if you agree to think before commenting.

And to which part do I not know what I am talking about? Are you saying this thread was not created as a result of the Samumed presentation? Then I suggest you read the opening post. Are you saying that there wasn't someone who had this treatment with minimal results? I've read otherwise. But of course you've probably formulated a reason for why that guy was lying or something. Maybe he was being payed by someone to lie on these forums, right? ya ok.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL. Coming from the guy who came up with the wacko theory that Samumed delayed its phase 2 trials to 'time' it with the 21st Century Act. The amount of times I held myself back from commenting on your asinine theories. You connect dots that don't exist and will come up with any excuse to sell yourself the slightest of hope.

And to which part do I not know what I am talking about? Are you saying this thread was not created as a result of the Samumed presentation? Then I suggest you read the opening post. Are you saying that there wasn't someone who had this treatment with minimal results? I've read otherwise. But of course you've probably formulated a reason for why that guy was lying or something. Maybe he was being payed by someone to lie on these forums, right? ya ok.

This bickering between you two has zero purpose. We want to see this through. Of course someone of it may be hinged on failed expectations with SM, who cares? We are each contributing a small amount and if we end up with more failed expectations that's just part of the process. Either way, it will be interesting for us and probably fun for Hellouser to travel and experience something new. If the results absolutely fail, we will have gained the ability to inform the rest of the vulnerable posters that would have spent 8k or more on it. This is how we make developments in the hair loss community. We take it into our own hands. :bigun2:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score

The guy who complained that Kerastem didn't work on him posted his grievance a little less than 3 months after treatment, and based on what he said we aren't even 100% sure he even got Kerastem because what he got sounds a little different from Kerastem, and then there's the issue that he said he's in the USA Kerastem trial and he knows for a fact that he got active treatment because an insider friend told him so, which is a highly doubtful claim. When we told him 3 months isn't long enough to determine if a treatment works or not he did not have a good response to that point, he also did not have a good response when we said the treatment he says he got sounds a little different than Kerastem, and he did not have a good response when we said it's doubtful he would know if he got active treatment rather than placebo.

Who would actually take seriously the complaint of a man who hasn't even given the treatment 3 months to work? I guess you would but nobody with any sense would. The rest of us ALL know that less than 3 months is not long enough to determine if a treatment works or not. And one of his stated complaints appears to be that he experienced a shed since treatment, which might mean that he did get active treatment and it is working on him, but of course you aren't even taking into account that he appears to be saying that he's had a shed. And I don't trust his judgment in his assessment that he DEFINITELY got active treatment since after all he's a person who's judgment tells him that he should see a bunch of new hair in less than 3 months after treatment. He obviously does not have great judgment.

I don't believe you ever held back from commenting on my theory that Samumed was timing its' supplemental phase 2 to mirror the 21st Century Cures Act. If you had felt that was an asinine theory you would have said something back then but you didn't so that means you didn't have a problem with the theory back then. Your position that you wanted to comment on it back then is now a day late and a dollar short. And anyway, I never said that theory was a certainty. I just said that it was a possibility. And of course, given the evidence that we had at the time it was possible back then, although that is now no longer plausible since it's obvious now that they will have to do more testing. So you are saying something NOW that is obvious now but was not obvious at the time, and you're trying to pretend that you knew it back then. Forget it!

You don't know what you're talking about. Blabbing on about how Kerastem doesn't work when the greater likelihood is that it DOES work although probably not to the degree we would like. The photographic evidence makes it clear that it does grow some hair PLUS the scientific evidence put forth by Yale University established that adding adipose tissue to the scalp should regrow at least some hair. You talk as if you think you know more than Yale University scientists. You need to go back to school.

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
I am keen to know about the scarring from the lipo, i think someone else was wondering about this also.