Who Would Help Fund A Kerastem Therapy?

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
why did you stop Minoxidil?
Well, I feel like my shedding went up and never went down like it is supposed to, and its really pretty awful to apply and generally made my hair look even worse and stained my sheets. I thought it was supposed to be hit and miss on whether one responds to it or not, so I just thought maybe I was doing more damage overall by using it. By the time I fully stopped, partially also in the hope that Kerastem would pan out better which by that time I had decided to go through with trying.

I may try it again around my temples at night perhaps… but in the end I couldn't really tell if it was worth the trouble or not. I also had just finally gotten a RX for finasteride (my doctors told me to try minoxidil first given less chance of adverse effects)

sofia

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello there,

I am on month 2 after the procedure, can't really say if it got better.
They said from month 2 on I can expect hair to slowly stop falling, I notice that I lose maybe 100 hairs less on washing days but I am still losing a lot (400-500 hairs) when I wash.
I did recover well, although I was pretty bruised, not as bad as you @jayeffbee, the first 3 days were the worst. They got 200 ml fat, I do not know the numbers but they said was quite good.

I guess one will have some sort of shock loss, it’s quite strenuous for the body and you are under anesthesia too. So my guess is at month 3 it might even get worse.

I can see a lot of very little hairs growing some very fine some quite thick, the hairs I lose are mostly long hairs but also shorter ones (maybe 5cm long and forth), my hair is waist length so…but there are a lot of little hairs I haven’t seen this many in a long time.
My dermatologist, Prof, Dr, bla, bla, says that I have CTE together with male pattern baldness, so my hair might continue falling, I have not found a cause for the CTE yet. At the moment I am trying to raise my ferritin levels they are at 32, I’m having Iron; vitamin B12; B5 and Biotin injections.
I can’t use minoxidil, I used it a couple of years ago but after 6 weeks I had a contact dermatitis, to the point of not being able to use make up, any kind of cream or anything for over 2 years.
The Derm gave me Betnovat scalp lotion, started 3 days ago, I’m supposed to use it for 2 weeks once a day, 2 weeks every other day and then once a week.

Would I recommend the treatment to anyone? Well, if you asked me in the first 3 days definitely not, but it’s early on.
We have not seen any great results here on the forum, as for the Swiss clinic I can’t judge so let’s wait for the US trial results.

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
One doesn't have to make billions to make it worth it. Millions are still good too :p
Correct.

I feel like my shedding is fairly constant though… whether that's just something my body is cycling through as a result of the chaos I've sewn for it or what. I wish I had a little bit more science to my treatment but unfortunately its all over the place by now.
I'm loosing between 5 (best showers ever) - 30 hair during the shower - But I'm pulling my hair as I've become psycho obsessed by the number I'm losing. :mad:
That seems a little decrease for me but hard to say.

In the end, I don't think we have much sign that anyone should really continue to go for this treatment at the present. Maybe Switzerland is doing something different after all… but we haven't really heard from anyone who did it there or seen any documentation on progress. At this point, wait out the US trials, but I think we've had enough guinea pigs at the moment.
I'm waiting for the 6 months pics in January but to be honest I did it to stop the shed not for regrowth. I'm planing to call the Geneva clinic to hear about their results and compare with our experience.

It's still early to give a definitive feedback. I believed it could be good for maintenance, let's see.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn't some people say they had some success in the other country it is being performed? (not Mexico).

To me it sounds on par with PRP...And PRP is hit or miss with people.

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
It's sad how easy it is to scam us; it says a lot about how horrible this disease is, and how desperate we are for an effective treatment.
Wait for my 6 months results before opening your bottle of champagne. :cool:
Only time will say - I don't have a definite opinion on Kerastem, but I'm not super positive on this Serbian clinic.

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
When I asked the clinic why they can charge so much less, they just said we want the people of Serbia to be able to afford it as well. So I wouldn't be surprised if they are doing something to cut some of the cost.

Dante2016

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, and wait for my 6 months results... will also give a feedback for 3 months post-OP which is on 14.12.2016...

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear most of you dont see any progress, I was hoping this one could be a genuine therapy.
Lets wait for 1 year mark - if most of you dont report any real progress - it's dead I'm afraid. :/

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you planning to make some magnified photography for hair count?
I'm tempted to contact the clinic in NJ (closest to me) that's part of the trial to see if they'd use actual hair count tools, they did use that equipment in Belgrade

For what it's worth, I got a haircut today and my haircutter said it seems thicker than last time, but I'm not sure it's from any therapy yet. At least I may be recovering from what I lost… hopefully more progress down the line… just glad the bald spot is actually going away. Top of my head doesn't really seem any denser though, general thinn-ing/ness in the back seems constant

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
4.5 months for me now, no results, still thinning. I'm pretty convinced this treatment does not work.

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to get more feedback from Geneva and to clarify the situation with Belgrade, specially with the expectations.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's abs

I don't know what recourse is available in other countries, but in the US, complaints to the FDA should shut them down. Of course, hair loss is shameful, and being scammed even more so, so very few will admit to having had the procedure.

They are not doing it in USA yet...Its Mexico and somewhere else i think Switzerland.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think in USA they are in trials.