Who Would Help Fund A Kerastem Therapy?

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
Coming up on 3 months in 7 days, no real changes from what I've said in the past. Bald spot still slowly recovering from the procedure. I'm sorry to ruin the study a bit, but have since tried finasteride again and its going better than last time (a lot less mental anguish about whether to take it)… though to be honest, me having the procedure also kind of coincided with also stopping minoxidil … so for the sake of disclosure that might make my entire result weird in general.

Still, I'm not sure I would recommend anyone rush into having it at the moment… though it's probably hard to judge without going a full year :-\

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, does the Serbian clinic care of the migration issue? Are they injecting the puregraft fat on the top of the head and the normal on the back to stabilize the first one? That's what the Geneva clinic do.

From another forum

I did ask the same question to their doctor (Dr Katarina) re Stems staying in adipose tissue, and she said that what they know for sure is that stem cells will secrete some growth factors when injected locally and will promote some follicle regeneration. So, it is not important for them to “stay” there all the time; more important is that they provoke different actions that will improve the hair growth and the quality of existing follicles.

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, does the Serbian clinic care of the migration issue? Are they injecting the puregraft fat on the top of the head and the normal on the back to stabilize the first one? That's what the Geneva clinic do.
Not being a doctor, and being listed on the Kerastem website itself, I would imagine that the procedures are the same in the 4 clinics currently performing them. I definitely had no shortage of discomfort all over my scalp (and given the bald spot from what I can only assume is shock… which was located at the back of my scalp) but particularly on the back.

I believe there are 3/4 fat grafts total, and searching my email the doctor told me afterward:
The entry points were 4 in total, one frontal, two parietal and one in occipital region. They are exactly where the small scabs were.
The swelling you had was expected, nothing out of usual after this procedure.

Dante2016

My Regimen
Reaction score
As you can read from my previous post that I did the Kerastem therapy on september 14th in Geneva. I am currently 5 weeks post-op and here is my statement so far:
1 week post-op: Nothing happend
2 weeks post-op: Nothing happend
3 weeks post-op: Shedding
4 weeks post-op: Shedding
5 weeks post-op: Shedding has stopped completly.

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• jayeffbee-kerastem-receipt.jpg
    jayeffbee-kerastem-receipt.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 251

Dante2016

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not being a doctor, and being listed on the Kerastem website itself, I would imagine that the procedures are the same in the 4 clinics currently performing them. I definitely had no shortage of discomfort all over my scalp (and given the bald spot from what I can only assume is shock… which was located at the back of my scalp) but particularly on the back.

I believe there are 3/4 fat grafts total, and searching my email the doctor told me afterward:

I remember that Dr. Schlaudraff told me that the procedure are not the same...

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
So at the moment we have 0/5 success in Belgrade with the procedure done between 3 and 6 months ago. - 3/3 successes in Geneva.

I think it's time to dig what's going on with the Serbian clinic. They cannot be anymore mentioned in the future if they don't correctly perform the procedure.

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
So at the moment we have 0/5 success in Belgrade with the procedure done between 3 and 6 months ago. - 3/3 successes in Geneva.

I think it's time to dig what's going on with the Serbian clinic. They cannot be anymore mentioned in the future if they don't correctly perform the procedure.
The only "*" I want to put for myself, is if my recent/current shedding is also related to having stopped putting minoxidil across my entire scalp as I had been from November -> ~June/Early July

But yeah, without some more positive stories out of Belgrade (and ideally, proof of people getting it from Geneva…) it doesn't make me feel great at the moment!

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
I remember that Dr. Schlaudraff told me that the procedure are not the same...
From what I can read, the Serbian clinic just want to activate the signal and does not care of the stem cells migration which sounds ridiculous to me. The Geneva clinic cares about this issue.

I might be completely wrong, and everything will turn out good, we may have not done properly our homework though.

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
From what I can read, the Serbian clinic just want to activate the signal and does not care of the stem cells migration which sounds ridiculous to me. The Geneva clinic cares about this issue.

I might be completely wrong, and everything will turn out good, we may have not done properly our homework though.
The thing is though, if you search for Kerastem Belprime, Katarina seems to be a training instructor for the procedure (globally?): https://www.invivox.com/training/detail/265

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
The only "*" I want to put for myself, is if my recent/current shedding is also related to having stopped putting minoxidil across my entire scalp as I had been from November -> ~June/Early July

But yeah, without some more positive stories out of Belgrade (and ideally, proof of people getting it from Geneva…) it doesn't make me feel great at the moment!
First it would be nice to know the exact procedures of the two clinics as well as the recommended one by kerastem. I believe it's doable given the clinics are really helpful, so is Eric Daniels from Kerastem.

The most likely option being I am over-reacting, but since a few weeks I feel weird about this.

The thing is though, if you search for Kerastem Belprime, Katarina seems to be a training instructor for the procedure (globally?): https://www.invivox.com/training/detail/265
Then maybe it's normal and she is doing it better and we all enjoy her knowledge.
However a little bit of clarification would not hurt!

Edit: Actually my shedding is possibly decreasing but my fall was small so it's hard to say. I can only easily notice increase.

sofia

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, that doesn't sound very reassuring.
I doesn't make me feel well neither.
I just wrote to kerastem asking if there are any differences in the treatment within the various clinics. Will share if they respond.
I am shedding a lot so within the next weeks I surely would be able to tell the difference. Dr. Katarina said the earliest signs, like the hair loss stopping, would be after 2 month's.

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, that doesn't sound very reassuring.
I doesn't make me feel well neither.
I just wrote to kerastem asking if there are any differences in the treatment within the various clinics. Will share if they respond.
I am shedding a lot so within the next weeks I surely would be able to tell the difference. Dr. Katarina said the earliest signs, like the hair loss stopping, would be after 2 month's.
There is no need to panic yet, but these Geneva results are making me envious.FYI I read most people answered in the 3-6 months range.
Interesting that you are also reporting a shedding - 3/6 people.
Thanks for writing to them. In case there are indeed different procedures, I hope they will explain why.

sofia

My Regimen
Reaction score
20161021_184605.jpg
my receipts, I paid cash & with a credit card, thus two receipts.
My shedding started before the treatment, it has only been 10 days, so it's not related to the treatment.

Last edited:

sofia

My Regimen
Reaction score
Got a reply from Kerastem:

I am writing in response to your earlier note regarding the treatment you received at BelPrime. Firstly, thank you for your outreach. Secondly, I trust you understand that it is difficult for us to comment on an aspect of any one person's individual treatment, including any specific approach or technique provided by a clinician. That said, I can offer you assurance that both the BelPrime clinic and Dr. Schlaudraff have been provided training by Kerastem on our current techniques and approaches. With any procedure and/or administration of care, there may be nuances that are entirely at the discretion of a medical professional. May I ask of your own progress? Have you noticed any cessation of loss or growth? I hope this message helps provide you the degree of reassurance you are looking for and thank you again for taking time to contact Kerastem.
Kind Regards,Eric Daniels, MDChief Medical Officer

sofia

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I don't really know what to think of his response but nevertheless I would like to say, that there would be no reason for Dr. Katarina to not do the Kerastem treatment. They did show me the machine and everything. She was honest, very understanding and she always said, only time will tell if it works. It's not a cure and we all known that.
I am healing pretty fast, there were no complications, only thing I can do is to wait. :)