Who Would Help Fund A Kerastem Therapy?

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score
kerastem is of course a permanent solution, if it works like it did on those before/after pics. it is just a matter of money and repeating the procedure.

Heat06

Established Member
Reaction score
What's going on everyone. For those that know me on BTT it's StayThick. It's been quite some time since I commented on this forum, although I lurk daily to follow-up on any potential news.

I was the sole participant in the Follicept trials on BTT in the hopes to help the community on a potential new treatment. We all know where that ended up. Did nothing, waste of my damn time. RIP Devon.

I've been researching this Kerastem treatment and noticed they are currently running clinical trials here in Miami where I live with a well-known plastic surgeon and hair restoration Doctor. I emailed Dr. Jeffrey Epstein MD regarding the recruiting phase for this and it looks like I'll have an opportunity to participate. They responded to my email and I have to now answer multiple questions and send pictures of my current state of hair loss. Regardless, this seems promising, but more importantly an opportunity to try another potential new treatment to help this dreaded disease.

I'm still debating if I want to move forward assuming they officially allow me to participate in their trial simply because of the scarring and the actual lipo procedure. I don't want scars in those areas, I also don't have a tremendous amount of fat since I workout often and stay relatively lean. This was a prerequisite by the way based on the email response I received from the doctors conducting the trial. Are you guys aware of these trials being done in LA, Miami, etc.?

Anyway, wanted to get everyone's feedback on here if it's worth actually moving forward with. Unlike Hellouser, I refuse to go bald and will do anything reasonably necessary to avoid it. I'm on the brink of deciding on getting an FUE procedure done as well. Outside of the cost, I don't understand why majority on here don't opt for that...that's a topic for another day.

It's been a while and just wanted to update you all on what I've been doing behind the scenes.

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
What's going on everyone. For those that know me on BTT it's StayThick. It's been quite some time since I commented on this forum, although I lurk daily to follow-up on any potential news.

I was the sole participant in the Follicept trials on BTT in the hopes to help the community on a potential new treatment. We all know where that ended up. Did nothing, waste of my damn time. RIP Devon.

I've been researching this Kerastem treatment and noticed they are currently running clinical trials here in Miami where I live with a well-known plastic surgeon and hair restoration Doctor. I emailed Dr. Jeffrey Epstein MD regarding the recruiting phase for this and it looks like I'll have an opportunity to participate. They responded to my email and I have to now answer multiple questions and send pictures of my current state of hair loss. Regardless, this seems promising, but more importantly an opportunity to try another potential new treatment to help this dreaded disease.

I'm still debating if I want to move forward assuming they officially allow me to participate in their trial simply because of the scarring and the actual lipo procedure. I don't want scars in those areas, I also don't have a tremendous amount of fat since I workout often and stay relatively lean. This was a prerequisite by the way based on the email response I received from the doctors conducting the trial. Are you guys aware of these trials being done in LA, Miami, etc.?

Anyway, wanted to get everyone's feedback on here if it's worth actually moving forward with. Unlike Hellouser, I refuse to go bald and will do anything reasonably necessary to avoid it. I'm on the brink of deciding on getting an FUE procedure done as well. Outside of the cost, I don't understand why majority on here don't opt for that...that's a topic for another day.

It's been a while and just wanted to update you all on what I've been doing behind the scenes.

Good luck to you Heat.

BTW I checked their clinical trial info too and as I understand it, it's gonna be a double blind trial, which means you won't know whether you receive actual treatment or placebo, correct?

(I'm not trying to hold you back. I'm just curious how you take that and how is that affecting your decision :)

- - - Updated - - -

It seems that kerastem works only for people in their early phase of hairloss. The therapy works by improving your scalp's ability to support and nurture follicles, thereby bringing regrowth. It won't help where you don't have any hair left.

IMO it is better combined with hair transplant and it's going to be the ultimate solution for hairloss.

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score

Yes I was the first one to ping them about the clinical trials and re-introduce kerastem here, I would go through with it but I dont live near NY or Miami. You don't need much fat, it might seem like a lot (1 cups worth) but it really is not alot, and the lipo scar's are not noticeable, i'm pretty sure the actual incision from lipo is TINY. I'd go for it if I was you, i'm going to do it in a few months overseas.

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
Good luck to you Heat.

BTW I checked their clinical trial info too and as I understand it, it's gonna be a double blind trial, which means you won't know whether you receive actual treatment or placebo, correct?

(I'm not trying to hold you back. I'm just curious how you take that and how is that affecting your decision :)

- - - Updated - - -

It seems that kerastem works only for people in their early phase of hairloss. The therapy works by improving your scalp's ability to support and nurture follicles, thereby bringing regrowth. It won't help where you don't have any hair left.

IMO it is better combined with hair transplant and it's going to be the ultimate solution for hairloss.

But the photos of a slick bald crown baldy shows regrowth in the slick bald area.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm on the brink of deciding on getting an FUE procedure done as well. Outside of the cost, I don't understand why majority on here don't opt for that...that's a topic for another day.

Well, for one, hair loss research is so severely underdeveloped we still don't have even the most basic means of prognosis. There's literally no telling just how far-reaching the fugly will be, so with a limited donor supply a hair transplant is always a gamble.
Not to mention we still don't have a guarantee it won't interfere with future treatments.

It's like a really sick joke. Almost as if the universe made sure to cover all angles and equip every single imaginable treatment for hair loss with one devastating fatal flaw.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, for one, hair loss research is so severely underdeveloped we still don't have even the most basic means of prognosis. There's literally no telling just how far-reaching the fugly will be, so with a limited donor supply a hair transplant is always a gamble.
Not to mention we still don't have a guarantee it won't interfere with future treatments.

It's like a really sick joke. Almost as if the universe made sure to cover all angles and equip every single imaginable treatment for hair loss with one devastating fatal flaw.

There's a number of reasons why we're so behind, outside of the obvious reason (it's difficult). The first thing that comes to mind is how it's underfunded... BADLY.

If youre a researcher with promising work and ask for a grant, you'll get laughed at and DENIED. Why? Because it's not cancer.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just say it's for the ladies and you'll be A-ok.

But then that's just pandering to feminists and once again handing out another slap to the face of men and their health? Although I do agree, that's really the only way to get any sympathy from the public over hair loss; just have tits! Because men sure as shit aren't deserving of any health benefits!

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Ask what the cost would be if you wrangled up 3-5 people to do the treatment on the same day. Purchase in bulk.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but only if those lovely teets are enhanced with a strong side of confidence

Oh... well that changes nothing.

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
For those of you that emailed the company directly, how long did it take you to get a response?