Who Would Help Fund A Kerastem Therapy?

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the best wishes guys...just a quick update, i had the procedure done yesterday. Prior to the procedure the doctor took my before photos, frontal and side profiles, so i will be able to get a copy of these for comparison of my results in 6 months time for you guys. She also took highly magnified pictures (up to 70 times zoom) to measure the density, hair count and thickeness) of my before state. After that i got the incision point marked up for the procedure. I decided to go with one incision and she went in through my belly button, so this was exactly what i wanted, only one incision and in a place where it will be unnoticable. She said i just about had enough fat as i am very lean. When carrying out the procedure there were three entry points and the fat was injected laterally all over the top of the scalp from these three entry points in a lateral motion. After laying down the layer of fat she injected the adsc cells in one square cm locations with vertical injections all over the scalp. The clinic is very clean and the staff have been very friendly. The nurse ordered me an indian takeaway last night and breakfast this morning free of charge. The whole process was smooth including the transfers from the airport and acomodation in the apartment near the clinic. I went under anesthesia that put me to sleep but it didnt make me entirely unconcious as general anasthetic would. I didnt wake up or feel any pain during the procedure at all. When i was taken back to my room after i came around and immediately felt nauseous and they gave me something for that through an injection and i was fine again. I have literally slept for about 16 hours after the procedure no joke. My stomach is bandaged and swollen, and very painful from the lipo, my head also hurts from the injections. I reckon i will feel ok in a few days though once everything settles down. I am going to do some touristy stuff today and check out the city while i am here. Overall i have had a good experience and the Serbian people have been very friendly, i haven't enough good things to say about them. Also, the chicks here are smoking hot, you are one lucky man Vince!

i should also mention that Dr Katerina is finding a clinic in the UK for me to go to in 6 months time that uses the same machine @70 times zoom to track my data/results.

Oh, and i have literally spent £10 after conversion the entire time i have been here, and that was on a steak on the first night. All costs have been covered, transfers, apartment, food, water etc, in the cost of the procedure. I am glad i went with the Clinic in Belgrade as opposed to the Swiss clinic as i would have incurred twice the cost.

Hey lynney, glad to hear it went well and you're on the road to recovery. I'm jealous you're done and got it over with but I'll be there in due time. I've been in contact with BelPrime and will be scheduling my trip once my passport renewal comes in the mail. I'll send you a PM before I leave.

Higher rental costs or capital invested in real estate, and higher wages could easily explain the difference. In terms of success, thats a good question..

I watched an interview with the mail doctor from BelPrime (I forgot his name) - I think it was posted earlier in this thread by Vincent777 - and he mentioned something to the effect that the Serbian government dictates that medical treatment costs remain reasonable so average people can afford them. Not sure if this is why they're so much cheaper than the Swiss clinic but I thought it was worth mentioning.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Must be awesome being Norwegian when the Krone is worth like a million dollars in some places.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Way to go Lynney45!!!! I wouldn't worry about the scarring. Speaking from my experience, I had gynecomastia surgery (thanks 10+ yrs finasteride!) in January this year and the scars are TOTALLY undetectable. Did they give you a compression vest? I'm likely gonna do this procedure and I will bring my compression vest I think. I wore if for a month after and it was unnoticeable. I found that the lipo was mostly itchy and pain subsides in a couple days. I had about 1 cup removed on each side of my chest and lipo entry points on each side of my torso. I also had incision at each nipple to excise glands. Those scars are also undetectable. Anyway...

Question for you:
How does your head look? Any swelling? Is it unnoticeable that you had anything done to your scalp? Did you have to shave or cut your hair at all?

Question to all:
I'm thinking that the likelihood of having at least some cosmetic improvement would be high because I can't for the life of me think why Kerastem would continue with further phase II trials if it was a dud... isn't it costly if it didn't work to some degree?

Good luck Blackber and JustanotherNoob too!

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
I was just now with Linney, I didn't notice any visual changes on his head whatsoever. I guess it doesn't hurt too much because we were out clubbing and walking through the city. Either that or he's one hell of a tough lad. :)

Dude.

You can show us around Serbia?

**** yes. i'm definitely planning my trip sooner then.

irishlad87

Established Member
Reaction score
What is classified as early stage hairloss and how long are results expected to last? Personally im nw3 with thick crown and forelock and dont want people knowing i got translplant so this treatment may suit me. CRazy how much male pattern baldness can depress a person that non balding people wouldnt unde4rstand.

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
Way to go Lynney45!!!! I wouldn't worry about the scarring. Speaking from my experience, I had gynecomastia surgery (thanks 10+ yrs finasteride!) in January this year and the scars are TOTALLY undetectable. Did they give you a compression vest? I'm likely gonna do this procedure and I will bring my compression vest I think. I wore if for a month after and it was unnoticeable. I found that the lipo was mostly itchy and pain subsides in a couple days. I had about 1 cup removed on each side of my chest and lipo entry points on each side of my torso. I also had incision at each nipple to excise glands. Those scars are also undetectable. Anyway...

Question for you:
How does your head look? Any swelling? Is it unnoticeable that you had anything done to your scalp? Did you have to shave or cut your hair at all?

Question to all:
I'm thinking that the likelihood of having at least some cosmetic improvement would be high because I can't for the life of me think why Kerastem would continue with further phase II trials if it was a dud... isn't it costly if it didn't work to some degree?

Good luck Blackber and JustanotherNoob too!

yeah i have a compression vest, have to wear it for 4 weeks to reduce the swelling, can take it off when showering etc. No swelling on my scalp, just 3 points that are scabbed from the lateral injections when laying down the fat layer. It's not noticeable that i had anything done to my scalp, my existing hair covers the scabs from these entry points and they aren't that big. No shaving or cutting was needed. Dr Katerina said i never lost 1 hair during the procedure and i haven't up until now (except for the usual ~70 daily hairs or so which is normal)

I am just hoping for a density, texture improvement, maintenance and reversal or some of the miniturization as this is all i need. And also to not have to apply topicals for the next 2 years or so until replicel and histogen come out hopefully then. If i achieve this i will be happy, i never had unrealistic expections to begin with, the doctor was honest about what to expect.

- - - Updated - - -

I was just now with Linney, I didn't notice any visual changes on his head whatsoever. I guess it doesn't hurt too much because we were out clubbing and walking through the city. Either that or he's one hell of a tough lad. :)

Thanks very much for your hospitality Vince! That was an awesome tour of the city, the meal was great and i had fun clubbing too, apologies for having to shoot off early though as i had to catch that flight, it was horrendous with 3 hours sleep!! I had a top time though

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah i have a compression vest, have to wear it for 4 weeks to reduce the swelling, can take it off when showering etc. No swelling on my scalp, just 3 points that are scabbed from the lateral injections when laying down the fat layer. It's not noticeable that i had anything done to my scalp, my existing hair covers the scabs from these entry points and they aren't that big. No shaving or cutting was needed. Dr Katerina said i never lost 1 hair during the procedure and i haven't up until now (except for the usual ~70 daily hairs or so which is normal)

I am just hoping for a density, texture improvement, maintenance and reversal or some of the miniturization as this is all i need. And also to not have to apply topicals for the next 2 years or so until replicel and histogen come out hopefully then. If i achieve this i will be happy, i never had unrealistic expections to begin with, the doctor was honest about what to expect.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks very much for your hospitality Vince! That was an awesome tour of the city, the meal was great and i had fun clubbing too, apologies for having to shoot off early though as i had to catch that flight, it was horrendous with 3 hours sleep!! I had a top time though

Good stuff Lynney. Tell us a little more when you are all situated. You said your existing hairs cover, so I should probably be aware since i've got a shaved head that I will see some scabs at the incision spots. And I was unaware of the compression vest, how big is the scar and how long do you have to wear the vest? Is the lipo that painful?

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
Good stuff Lynney. Tell us a little more when you are all situated. You said your existing hairs cover, so I should probably be aware since i've got a shaved head that I will see some scabs at the incision spots. And I was unaware of the compression vest, how big is the scar and how long do you have to wear the vest? Is the lipo that painful?

Yeah you should expect 3 scabs on your scalp afterwards... If you grow your hair to a number 3 or above these shouldnt be noticeable... They said at least 3 weeks for the vest, my swelling has went down alot so far though and it hasnt been a full week yet...as i said before i can't comment on the scar as it hasn't turned into scar tissue yet, at present it is a 7mm x 2mm scab...i am hoping this reduces to around 5mm x 1mm once it turns to scar tissue...or ideally heals perfectly to leave no trace of a scar... Again i was under anesthesia during the lipo so i felt no pain...8 felt extremely nausious when i came around and felt like being sick but they gave me something for it and i was fine within minutes... The lipo is painful for the rest of the night after the procedure...the following days it is bareable but uncomfortable... I didn't take the ibuprofen prescribed for the days after the procedure as the pain wasn't substatial enough to warrant it

Tracksterderm

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah you should expect 3 scabs on your scalp afterwards... If you grow your hair to a number 3 or above these shouldnt be noticeable... They said at least 3 weeks for the vest, my swelling has went down alot so far though and it hasnt been a full week yet...as i said before i can't comment on the scar as it hasn't turned into scar tissue yet, at present it is a 7mm x 2mm scab...i am hoping this reduces to around 5mm x 1mm once it turns to scar tissue...or ideally heals perfectly to leave no trace of a scar... Again i was under anesthesia during the lipo so i felt no pain...8 felt extremely nausious when i came around and felt like being sick but they gave me something for it and i was fine within minutes... The lipo is painful for the rest of the night after the procedure...the following days it is bareable but uncomfortable... I didn't take the ibuprofen prescribed for the days after the procedure as the pain wasn't substatial enough to warrant it

Hope you'll recover quick and well!

Did you get the pictures from the clinic? And did they say anything specific to what they expect for your hair regrowth?

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
Hope you'll recover quick and well!

Did you get the pictures from the clinic? And did they say anything specific to what they expect for your hair regrowth?

Thanks man, recovering fast enough!

No not yet, she is still lining up the uk clinic for analysis, will get them then. She said i should start noticing an improvement after 6 weeks the hair should feel stronger and it should be visibly noticeable at three months ongoing to 6... She doesnt have the data past 6 months..

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
Good luck lynney45, hope you achieve great results. Can you take some baseline pictures?

Cheers Swoop! The clinic took baselines which i will be getting. But i'll take some more of my own at the weekend when i get a chance...

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I got my new passport today, just sent an email to the clinic to check their availability for the next couple weeks so I can look into booking flights and accommodations.

Lynney going to send you a PM later on today.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if I'm here when you come, we rock'n'roll.

- - - Updated - - -

More update from Christopher1 user who has undergone Kerastem and is sharing his experience on hairsite . com.

My experience with Kerastem (Hair Multiplication & Stem Cells Treatment)

posted by Christopher1, 20.04.2016, 05:38
The pictures are on the Dr.'s computer. You are welcome to contact him to see if he would be willing or able to release some or all of them but, I would strongly assume they are property of Kerastem.

There were about 50 before and afters, maybe more. To be clear, while some people got incredible results, others looked like they received none. Further, some of those that looked like they had no results were young and had a relatively limited amount of hair loss. So it's a dice roll.

Well hopefully I'm one of the people that get results lol.

I just booked my flights.

I'll be arriving in Belgrade on Monday May 16th.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For what its worth I don't think this has been posted here yet, but I found it interesting... even though I didn't understand a word they said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSlMNYrwLk0

I'm seriously considering doing this too.. I've tried contacting them but they haven't responded to my email. Anyone else had issues contacting them?

Good luck Blackber!!

W

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
For what its worth I don't think this has been posted here yet, but I found it interesting... even though I didn't understand a word they said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSlMNYrwLk0

I'm seriously considering doing this too.. I've tried contacting them but they haven't responded to my email. Anyone else had issues contacting them?

Good luck Blackber!!

W

I haven't A response either, which contact of theirs did you use?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol. Did you find Dr. Andjelkov interesting? She is kinda hot isn't she. Gee, I sincerely hope she doesn't read this thread. In case she does though, I'm gonna put Swoop's abs on my profile so she finds me hot too.

Thanks for finding this, I speak Serbian language so I understand what they are saying.

Maybe I could translate it but it won't be soon, I'm really busy. I want some serious green reps for it too. ;P

If you can, translate only the important bits.

Aleksandar

Established Member
Reaction score
I speak Serbian also. What I noticed is that when she was asked about the results, she kind of laughed and said that this is a new procedure and that there are no 100% guarantees, but that the Japanese clinic has has results of up to 30% new hairgrowth and improvement of quality of the hair. Now I don't know hoe long this clinic in Belgrade is offering this procedure, but I would think that she would be able to talk about some experiences with her own patients...
@Vincent; she is kind of hot indeed, better start doing crunches for those abs...