Who Would Help Fund A Kerastem Therapy?

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I have missed this somewhere, but how much help would this be with maintenance? Any regrowth is obviously awesome, but does it slow down the loss of what hair you currently have?

I think the general consensus is this treatment will buy you time.

It'll regrowth a little and help keep what you have a little.

I wouldn't expect any results to be permanent.

polo

Reaction score
I think the general consensus is this treatment will buy you time.

It'll regrowth a little and help keep what you have a little.

I wouldn't expect any results to be permanent.

Well to be realistic we should really wait for the results of the study to come out before calling a judgement. You can't really take a consensus from this forum as the members on here have pretty much no idea of the results as they aren't even out yet.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well to be realistic we should really wait for the results of the study to come out before calling a judgement. You can't really take a consensus from this forum as the members on here have pretty much no idea of the results as they aren't even out yet.

Obviously lol

But some of us don't have the luxury of time buddy.

And they have released data on prior trials.

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
i'd take those articles with a grain of salt. They were all in their late 70s, they all had lung issues before the treatment, and it was ANIMAL-BASED stem-cell treatment (From Sheep), not Adipose stem cells. Nothing has linked their deaths to the stem-cell treatment, instead their deaths were due to pneumonia.

Kerastem has already been approved in Europe and Japan for commercial sales, it has already been through safety trials. Also, I recently developed tinnitus after going to a few concerts back to back and I was reading about the stem-cell treatments for tinnitus a few months ago, I missed the hair growth part! They are using our own stem-cells to treat everything nowadays.

Plus, i'm pretty sure Kobe Bryant had stem-cell treatment in germany on his knees when there was the NBA lockout, he's still alive.

Lastly, it's already in Phase 2 of the FDA clinical trials in USA. Meaning it passed Phase 1 which is the primary safety profile

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
JustAnotherNoob I agree, I was gonna write that it was different stem cell treatment but it was too tired since it was late in the evening. Thanks for writing that.

But isn't that exciting that that guy got hair growth as a side effect of the tinnitus treatment? It means it is def working for hair regrowth!
Absolutely! And its undeniable how adipose-derived stem-cells are beneficial in todays medical treatments. We've come a long way in technology and research, we have been discussing stem cells since the late 90s, they're finally coming along. This is the way to regeneration of organs, so I don't see why anyone wouldn't believe the results Kerastem has.

I'm pretty psyched for this! People get regrowth, incredible, but now imagine people like me who still have a lot of hair left but are diffuse thinners, if all those existing thinning-hairs become strong again it will look like I have never lost hair. And imagine people who do Kerastem and decide to start finasteride/minoxidil, i'd never do that because i'm anti-finasteride in the first place and I did not get results with minoxidil, but for responders this could help them get back on track to being an NW1

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, I'm excited too. And also a mild diffused thinner so hair transplant can't help me in the diffused parts because of shock loss since there's still a lot of hairs there.

the countdown has begun... 7 days from now... just as excited to lose a bit of belly fat through the lipo :)

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great. Hope the OP is still active there.

- - - Updated - - -

I've asked for the photos on the thread as well, the more people asking the better. I'm also a benefactor on TinitusTalk so hopefully that will count for something.

I've got tinnitus as well. Luckily I can tolerate mine with some simple habituation, I don't notice mine unless there's no noise and someone mentions it. Wish I could do that with baldness.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's good to hear man. What was the cause of your T?

I got it from a gig where I played in December. Afterwards couldn't hear my friend talking to me in a quiet room over tinnitus. Mine is going for 4 months now but I care less and less everyday. The less I care the less I notice it. It was bad the first two months, especially when you think you're going to be debilitated for the rest of your life but it's getting better. I'm still sleeping with tinnitus sound maskers. I didn't go to a loud event or a party with loud music since the night I got it on a gig where I played. Got some custom earplugs just in case when I do go out partying eventually.

But yeah, it's funny isn't it? Loud tinnitus can be a serious health problem and it can be quite debilitating unlike balding and yet my hair loss is affecting me more than tinnitus.

Well it's a different issue with varying degrees, im lucky in this sense since it doesnt bother me much... but my mom's is VERY loud and she was near suicidal when it kicked in for her. My tinnitus was gradual thanks to years and years of listening to loud music at home, in school, clubs... I used to DJ a little bit as well which didn't help. I've since cut down on loud playback drastically. If I were you, I'd recommend getting a pair of these:

hearos-00211.jpg

The cool thing about them is that while they DO help with protecting your ears from loud noise, they do it REALLY well by simply lowering the volume. Nothing really sounds 'out of place'. They're great.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Hey Valhalla,
Wonder if you might have a tip for managing TMJ? In addition to the TMJ symptoms I have occasionally experienced some ringing in ears. Your insight is appreciated (already). -)
Great. Hope the OP is still active there.

- - - Updated - - -

I've asked for the photos on the thread as well, the more people asking the better. I'm also a benefactor on TinitusTalk so hopefully that will count for something.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to update you guys on my status.

My passport was expired so I just applied to have it renewed today - should take 3-4 weeks.

I touched base with the BelPrime clinic and it looks like I'll be flying out there late May/early June. I'll keep you all posted moving forward.

TheShining

Established Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to update you guys on my status.

My passport was expired so I just applied to have it renewed today - should take 3-4 weeks.

I touched base with the BelPrime clinic and it looks like I'll be flying out there late May/early June. I'll keep you all posted moving forward.
I wish you the best of luck!

Dragonborn

Reaction score
Hey lynney45 and Blackbear,
I think a lot of us would be very grateful if you took before and after pics for us. I mean cellphone pics are fine enough because they should show cosmetic improvement otherwise it ain't worth it. That said wish you the best of luck and a hairy future!

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey lynney45 and Blackbear,
I think a lot of us would be very grateful if you took before and after pics for us. I mean cellphone pics are fine enough because they should show cosmetic improvement otherwise it ain't worth it. That said wish you the best of luck and a hairy future!

Of course! I definitely will.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I'm sorry I have no experience in Temporomandibular Joint Disorders. You should look around on TinitusTalk . com . Hope that helps. Sorry I couldn't have been of more help. :\
No problem V7. I'll give that a look. Thanx

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes I was going to write the same. lynney45 and Blackbear, it would be a good idea to take good before photos yourselves, I would suggest taking them at home before traveling to Belgrade. Do not rely on the clinic do to that for you because from what I've seen they just take photos of the hairline and the angles wasn't always the same. For the most objective picture of your current hair situation, photos of frontal hairline, left and righ profiles and top with the hair combed in such a way to expose the diffusing hair/hair loss parts are needed. Sorry if I ask for too much but the more photos the better so both you and we can evaluate the progress in the best and the most objective way possible.

Also please take a photo of your hair wet from above because its the best way to show the current state of the hair and hair loss, I know wet hair photos always look the worst but that's the point since they best show the hair loss/diffused situation. For example my hair is curly and wavy and appears much thicker than it really is, I can comb it in a way that when it's dry it looks like there's almost no hair loss but then it's wet it looks like half or more is missing.

Hope I'm not asking for too much. :) Thank you guys in advance.

Not a problem.

My hair loss is the same. When it's dry it looks like I have a full head of hair, when it's wet not so much lol.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good, Gooood....

This is me while you are doing Kerastem treatment. To regain hair one must take the dark side of the force which is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

attachment.php

Hahaha that cracked me up

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good, Gooood....

This is me while you are doing Kerastem treatment. To regain hair one must take the dark side of the force which is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

attachment.php

ME 2. Kerastem could literally save me, because like I said as it is now, even if I do a hair transplant it won't help much, plus all the diffused hair might get shocked loss and never grow back. If Kerastem would work, I could then do hair transplant to restore my hairline.

I don't think Kerastem will be a permanent solution, just going to buy you some time.

Need Replicel or some other treatment to come to fruition.