Who is your Norwood Hero?

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mine has to be Zinédine Zidane, IMO one of the best soccer players in the world, and on his way to a NW7...

[youtube:g86zdvnc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYUtKKbBTkw[/youtube:g86zdvnc]

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
the great thiing about Zidane's head was even though he is bald on top he never lost his hairline... so when its shaved it doesnt much look anyworse than say David Beckhams shaved head, who has no hairloss.... ZZ is unlucky to go bald, but in some ways lucky to have kept that strong hairline... i's swap hair with him!

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
285.my.name.is.earl.101306.jpg

Well he is deffo more than NW2 closer to NW3 but he just makes it work....

antonio666

Reaction score
chancer said:
285.my.name.is.earl.101306.jpg

Well he is deffo more than NW2 closer to NW3 but he just makes it work....

this guy from (my name is earl) defintley does not make norwood 3 work for him,having said that he would look like sh*t with a norwood 1 as well,you also mentioned that zidane was lucky that he had his hairline intact,i bet he does not feel lucky,but i agree he suits being bald

Sean68

Reaction score
id say he's past a nw3 personally. good call though it does suit his character in the show perfectly.

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
gordon-ramsay-conan.jpg

Gordon does well to hide the worst of his hair loss....

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Yeah Gordon Ramsay does an amazing job to conceal his hairloss by growing those long bangs to conceal his deep receaded temples and just letting his hair go all wild and messy really works for him. But despite his recession his hair is SO THICK in the places he is not balding. So he can pull it off.

How classicly scottish does this guy look??

gordon+ramsay_855_18309785_0_0_8101_300.jpg

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Mine would have to be Axl Rose,well,use to be.....until he got that horrible flap procedure and started wearing that wig.

30_going_on_60

Established Member
Reaction score
You think Gordon Ramsey has hairloss issues? He's over 50 isn;t he? Am I the only one on here actually losing my hair??

metalheaddude

Reaction score
30_going_on_60 said:
You think Gordon Ramsey has hairloss issues? He's over 50 isn;t he? Am I the only one on here actually losing my hair??

Gordon is actually only 40. Thats what anger and stress will do to you.

Honestly those pictures flatter his hair, I think they have photoshoped them because i was thinking his hair looks to good in those pics also.

Have you ever watched his shows?

Watch one of his shows and you will see the true extent of his hairloss. In those pics his hair is covering his temples. But his temples go back a mile.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Gordon Ramsey? :dunno: Who's your 2nd norwood hero Beckham? :roll:

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Axl_Rose said:
Mine would have to be Axl Rose..until he got that horrible flap procedure and started wearing that wig.

So your norwood hero is a guy who, after his hairloss began, has never been spotted without a wig? Wow. Why not opt for Elton John while you're at it? :mrgreen: I despise Axl's efforts to hide his hairloss and he's a crock of sh*t nowadays anyway. Can't put a f*****g album out in 15 years.

30_going_on_60

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn? Gordon Ramsey is only 40?? He looks a lot older (but not because of his hair.) My sister tells me that he's a competetive marathon runner and works really hard to stay in shape. So, I am surprised to hear his age. I've seen Hells Kitchen a few times, and I've never even noticed he had any hairloss whatsoever. At any rate, I'd love to have hair that good, nevermind hair that good at 40.

I;ve said this before, but my hero is Micheal Jordan, I still credit him for making hairloss acceptable, even cool.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
Axl_Rose said:
Mine would have to be Axl Rose..until he got that horrible flap procedure and started wearing that wig.

So your norwood hero is a guy who, after his hairloss began, has never been spotted without a wig? Wow. Why not opt for Elton John while you're at it? :mrgreen: I despise Axl's efforts to hide his hairloss and he's a crock of s*** nowadays anyway. Can't put a f****ing album out in 15 years.

Huh....I said he was until he got the flap procedure and started to wear that wig..did you not notice he had a major receding hairline and thinning during the 80's/90's...thats when i admired him..you seem like a very angry person.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Gordon Ramsey? :dunno: Who's your 2nd norwood hero Beckham? :roll:

Beckham is my 'diffuse thinner" HERO! :hairy:

alexandros

Reaction score
I agree recession can look good if the rest of your hair is thick - Jude Law for example, his hair is so thick it still looks good. Although not too sure about his most recent pics!

BobbyChalfont

Established Member
Reaction score
Axl_Rose said:
ghg said:
[quote="Axl_Rose":357s07ch]Mine would have to be Axl Rose..until he got that horrible flap procedure and started wearing that wig.

So your norwood hero is a guy who, after his hairloss began, has never been spotted without a wig? Wow. Why not opt for Elton John while you're at it? :mrgreen: I despise Axl's efforts to hide his hairloss and he's a crock of s*** nowadays anyway. Can't put a f****ing album out in 15 years.

Huh....I said he was until he got the flap procedure and started to wear that wig..did you not notice he had a major receding hairline and thinning during the 80's/90's...thats when i admired him..you seem like a very angry person.[/quote:357s07ch]

I think GHGs point was that you can't idolize a bald man that has gone to such extreme lengths to hide it. Yeah, yeah, we get it you like Axl Rose (you're name, sig and userpic is a bit of a give away) but you cannot say that Axl Rose is a man who has gone bald gracefully.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Who says that a ‘Norwood Hero’ has to be someone who goes bald gracefully? For me it’s someone who makes balding look cool. He was simply saying, before Axel Rose got a wig, he though he pulled off balding well and was his hair loss hero.