Who has lost their girlfriend/partner due to hairloss?

Reaction score
Well im with a girl right now the problem is when i met her i was wearing a hat and i rarely took it off until she started pestering me about it trying to snatch it off and sh*t in public.I told her "listen i hate my hair im thinning and im self-conscience about it please respect the fact that i wanna wear a hat".She's seen my hair and i dont know what she thinks of it but she loves me and isnt shallow at all.The problem is she LOVES hair on a guy and will go on and on about her own hair or different hair styles for guys because shes into that whole "Emo" style hair with colors and shag haircuts and it pisses me off bigtime.I feel sooner or later im going to loose her because of my insecurities and the fact that i rarely go out with her and stuff because im afraid of how my hair looks all the time which is stupid.Overall i feel she deserves better.. :cry:

G

I know its hard man, but she obviously loves you. If she dumps you it wont be because of your hair. It will be because you have too much insecurity about your hair. The only thing people can do in our situation is to accept the fact that your losing your hair and deal with it now and not let it linger on until it causes unnecessary problems for you, like troubles with your girlfriend.
She sounds like a nice gal, don't get hung up on the fact that she always talks about hair, so does my girlfriend, its what girls do.
My advice is to go out with her, as much as you can, when it comes down to it in a strong relationship, girls like confidence and a strong personality. Not someone who lets his or her hair get in the way.
Wear the hat if you want, just don’t let it become a security blanket for you, and have a good time, it’s the summer!

where's baldo?

Reaction score
I love these threads. I already know about all of the hairloss/treatment sh*t, so these "will my gf dump me" threads are all that I have left.

Axon

Reaction score
No girl has dumped me for my hair (or lack therof).

Mostly, the women I get involved with run from relationships screaming, or I get annoyed and bounce.

Reaction score
s1m0n said:
I know its hard man, but she obviously loves you. If she dumps you it wont be because of your hair. It will be because you have too much insecurity about your hair. The only thing people can do in our situation is to accept the fact that your losing your hair and deal with it now and not let it linger on until it causes unnecessary problems for you, like troubles with your girlfriend.
She sounds like a nice gal, don't get hung up on the fact that she always talks about hair, so does my girlfriend, its what girls do.
My advice is to go out with her, as much as you can, when it comes down to it in a strong relationship, girls like confidence and a strong personality. Not someone who lets his or her hair get in the way.
Wear the hat if you want, just don’t let it become a security blanket for you, and have a good time, it’s the summer!

Yeah man your absolutely right sooner or later im gonna have to grow up about this because i cant let it dictate the way i live my life anymore.Im gonna try and break out of my shell with this girl and whatever happens happens if she turns out to be a shallow later on then whatever i rather not be with her.Thanx for the advice.

TheBaldingMenace

Established Member
Reaction score
Geees, I'd have to really question if my girlfriend/partner really truely accepted me IF they left me because of my hairloss! I'll be honest, who needs someone like that in their life who accepts you based only on what's on the outside?! If someone really likes and accepts you for who you are then they'll take you with all of your imperfections INCLUDING your hairloss.

mark16v

Established Member
Reaction score
I know a bald guy, and he's just asked a fit girl to marry him. didn't bother her

different girls eh

TheOliviaTremorControl

Established Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of you oldtimers relate stories of how your girlfriends/current spouses didn't care that you were losing your hair.
Sure, it may have been the case in the 50's, and even up until 5 years ago.
But in the last 5 years or so North American society has drastically become superficial. There is such an emphasis on looking perfect.

Look at shows like Sex & the city, I think there was one episode where Carey (The Protaganist/Antagonist) broke up with a guy because she found Rogaine in his medicine cabinet (He himself had a great head of hair!).
What is that telling girls these days? Especially girls that fall into that demographic.

My current girlfriend is a few years younger than I (I'm 19, she's still in highschool). As great as she is (She's far from superficial), I don't think her (or her parents, for that matter), would be too keen on her dating a guy who has an obvious combover (I still have a pretty good head of hair, for the time being.)

So while yes, there is encouragement that not all girls are superficial, we live in a society where superficiality is becoming more commonplace as time progresses.

EDIT:
Didn't mean to be such a downer.
Hell, who knows, you might react extremely well to hairloss treatment.
With supplements like Equol in the near future (and the promises they boast [[which are hopefully true :D]]), you might not have to worry about it for that much longer.

zackb

Reaction score
NO SECOND DATES

Guys,

I am been told I am attractive and I do have a nice face, work out etc. Lately I can't seem to get a second date. I am losing a ton in the back and thinng a lot up front. For some reason I think when girls meet me out in a bar they don't see all the loss. When we go out on a date...they do and think it looks crappy. I seem to not hear from them real quick. They have been cut, but not super cute...I just don't get it. I have had 3 hair transplant's and will prob get 1 more in Jan or Feb to take care of my ever growing baldspot in back and to thicken the front a tad.

Maybe I am crazy...but I think that is why I don't get calls returned...and no itn for a second date. Any thoughts? Obviously I wish I could shave my head...although it's kinda long and not Big like Stone Cold's head...which is good for shaving.

-Zack

hardcastle

Reaction score
imissmyhair said:
wouldnt scars from the hair transplant be visible if u shaved?

Not if you got an FUE, right? I'm no expert, but I think the technique is different. They're removing individual follicles, not hacking a strip out of your head, so the scarring is minimal, if it's there at all.

twmajors

Established Member
Reaction score
If you're an average guy with minimal intelligence and a little bit of humor you will always find a girl to be with.
I date girl after girl and never have a problem. (Thinning noticeably since 19)
My problem is actually feeling something or meeting a girl that I can feel something about. Most girls that date me are just looking to get laid or they lack the capacity for intelligent banter. I know it sounds lame, but I haven't been truly in love since I started losing my hair. I don't know if that ever comes back. I'm pretty sure my hair won't.

Cowboy

Reaction score
The more that you care what a woman thinks of you or your appearance, or the more you seek their approval of any type, the worse luck you're going to have with woman and relationships.

You just say hey, I'm thin hair, I'm over it, are you yet?

If you can fine tune your personality to create attraction in a woman, it won't matter what you look like because attraction isn't something that woman choose.

Think about how many times you've been in the mall or somewhere where you've seen hot blonde clubsluts dating some wigger or rather unattractive person.

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
The more that you care what a woman thinks of you or your appearance, or the more you seek their approval of any type, the worse luck you're going to have with woman and relationships.

You just say hey, I'm thin hair, I'm over it, are you yet?

If you can fine tune your personality to create attraction in a woman, it won't matter what you look like because attraction isn't something that woman choose.

Think about how many times you've been in the mall or somewhere where you've seen hot blonde clubsluts dating some wigger or rather unattractive person.

great point. if u treat urself with high worth other people will aswell. treat urself like sh*t and everyone else will... boy did i learn that the hard way

G

This is bullshit, I don't think you can lose a girlfriend about hairloss.

My ex girlfriend liked to see me shaved, even more than when i had hair. Hard to believe, but truth. :)

sonicthehedgehog

Established Member
Reaction score
^^I agree.

You wont loose a girlfriend purely because of hairloss.

And if you do she must have mental problems far greater than your hairloss problems.

peakhair

Reaction score
sonicthehedgehog said:
^^I agree.

You wont loose a girlfriend purely because of hairloss.

And if you do she must have mental problems far greater than your hairloss problems.

I have scanned through some dating sites and I have noticed that
a lot of women bluntly states that if you´re unemployed or bald
please do not reply to my ad.
I´m absolutely sure that if you´re bald/balding a certain percent
of women will never be interested in you no matter how much of an a**h** you are. That´s just the way it is.

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
so ur saying ud be happy dating a fat chick ^ lol

i havent literally lost a gf because of hairloss but its made gettign intimate so much harder... i dont let them touch my hair.. soemtimes i wear a hat during sex and i cant sleep in bed with them - disaster