Who has lost their girlfriend/partner due to hairloss?

crisis

Reaction score
I've been with my current girlfriend for almost a year now and as a result of my last hair cut, i think my hairloss is slowly becoming visable. I've not mentioned it to her yet because i've absolutely no idea how she is going to react.

When i was with her last the only thing i could think about was... has she noticed? Is she looking at my hair? I don't think i've ever been so paranoid in my life. It was f*****g horrible.

I thought long and hard about telling her that night because it was eating away at me, but i couldn't bring myself to do it.

I don't want to lose her over f*****g hairloss. But being realistic i know how severly its going to affect my looks and i'd probably understand eventually if she didn't want to be with me anymore, but obviously i'd be devastated. I'm actually scared how that might affect me psychologically.

You guys on here must have experienced similar situations. Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated.

IceZ

Reaction score
I been losing for 10 years. I have been with my woman for 3 years now. I had a really shitty dew since meeting her. She always would say why do I keep hiding my forehead. She could not touch my hair EVER. That drove her nuts. She said it is not right that she cannot touch it. I am like " I don't even touch and I am goint o make you touch it, f*** that"
She noticed that I am thinning down the middle. So I shaved my head #1, now she touch and do what ever she wants. And she notices that I am in better spirits also not having to worry so much.

The more time you hide and you make her fall in love with you, the less she will worry about it. At this point after 3 1/2 years she does not really care anymore.

The only thing she did mention once was, if we would get married then our son could end up bald and it's not good genes. I can't deny the fact, she is right. But in the end she will love you for you believe me on this. Would you really want to spend the rest of your life with a girl who only cares about your hair ?? f*** no!!!, wait till she has kids and puts on some pounds....

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The genes thing resonates with me. If technology makes it possible, I will make sure my future sons don't suffer from early-onset male pattern baldness via genetic tinkering.

marsbtchsx

Established Member
Reaction score
i was a complete dick to my ex..... even though my hair loss didnt bother her cause it is relatively unnoticable at this point ...thank god... my attitude and mood was, and still is, some times realyl fucked up because im upset about it.... so i pretty much took it out on her.... sux

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
crisis said:
I've been with my current girlfriend for almost a year now and as a result of my last hair cut, i think my hairloss is slowly becoming visable. I've not mentioned it to her yet because i've absolutely no idea how she is going to react.

How would you react if your girlfriend was to have a breast removed after the discovery of a malignancy ?

Or if she sustained a large scar accross the side of her face from a car accident ?

How old are you ?

Stingray

Reaction score
I love you tynan. (random heart shaped smiley insert or whatever)

Perspective IS reality.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i lost a chick cause i'm taking finasteride and got a limp jimmy a few times in the sac... :x

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah i guess everybody goes paranoid over this issue at least once during their hairloss. Been with a girl since 4 years now, its as serious as can be and out of the blue ..*bam* hairloss. drove me nuts. yeah its pretty crappy, and i felt sorry for her having to put up with a bald dude. I did tell her though, right since the very start, and of course she said she loved me no matter what and to stop thinking about it so much.then again you know its just to make you feel better. i dont believe i'd look appealing at all with a bald head and i did have great hair. its all about finding the right girl i suppose. there are those who give looks a bit too much importance and then there are those who end up loving you for who you are?..

that b**ch...Victoria Gotti on her show commented something like "only those bald men have partners who got married to them when they still had hair and now they're forced to love them" ...something of the sort...

*shrugs

oh, and tell her about it whenever you want. dont let it stress you out even more. get it over with and i guarantee you'll feel alot better. they dont take it as seriously as you do. and if she does she isnt the right girl for you.

and...i really..really..wouldnt compare a bald head to losing a tit or a facial scar.

bartolin

Reaction score
She probably knows by now that you are balding, but most women are (thank god) not as superficial to make an issue out of it. Just tell her without giving it importance, because if it is a serious relationship, it is nothing of an issue.

And for god´s sake!, If a woman ever leaves you because you are loosing your hair she is not worth being with you. There are 4 billion women out there. Most of which couldn´t care less about your hair or lack thereof.

G

the_krush said:
and...i really..really..wouldnt compare a bald head to losing a tit or a facial scar.

NO!!! me neither...!!! -I would so much more like a facial scar!!!

crisis

Reaction score
under normal circumstances i would say that comparing going bald to a facial scar etc is absurd but ive got diffuse thinning all over my head and mainly around the sides (its REALLY thinned out round the sides). thus my hairloss is not 'normal' and shaving my head would still leave me looking like a freak, unlike other sufferers who just end up looking like any other male pattern baldness sufferer. add ears that stick out, a badly shaped head and the fact i've ALWAYS had long hair and you have a disaster in my books. i will look like a completely different person.

my girlfriend has always commented on how much she likes my hair and i would consider myself to be quite good looking at present. losing my hair, and i am going to lose ALL of it unless something miraculous happens, will change my appearance so drastically and negatively.

so thats my dilemma. i've even considered telling my girlfriend we should split up before it becomes noticable. at least then all i would have is good memories of our time together because i'm pretty sure this is going to end our relationship anyway either because she becomes unattracted to me or i become severely depressed and she gets tired of it.

G

I agree that comparing a facial scar or losing a breast with baldness is absurd.... for most people. But some of you guys on here are so depressed about your hairloss that this is actually a good comparison.

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
crisis said:
so thats my dilemma. i've even considered telling my girlfriend we should split up before it becomes noticable. at least then all i would have is good memories of our time together because i'm pretty sure this is going to end our relationship anyway either because she becomes unattracted to me or i become severely depressed and she gets tired of it.

Until this happens, I would try to have as much sex as possible. And make it nasty sex.

everysixseconds

Established Member
Reaction score
Guldtanden said:
the_krush said:

NO!!! me neither...!!! -I would so much more like a facial scar!!!

by all means. tempt fate. go ahead and carve out your left cheek. it may help to keep the hair on your head.

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
i lost my fiance i had been with since I was a kid (love of my life, etc) because of my hairloss :(

G

crisis said:
my girlfriend has always commented on how much she likes my hair and i would consider myself to be quite good looking at present.

Think of all the poor fuckers who aren't good looking with hair but are also going bald!

I once have gone back out with a girl who I had broken up with when I started loosing hair as I thought it was a safe bet and I wouldn;t be bald and alone - but it really left me fucked up since I had left her for a good reason - she was a sociopath!

Now Im so fucked up I don't want to see any woman as she has made turned me into a real misogynist.

If I has realised then that hair isn;t the be all and end all - I would have found someone else and i wouldn;t be so fucked up now - oh well.

Melbs

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep... im on the verge of getting back with a chick who's a bit of a b**ch really, and i can't help but think it's security because i don't want to be alone with my hair... or without it, but ultimately it may be pointless as the chances of us breaking up again in the future are somewhere between 104% and 109%.

If a chick breaks up with you because of your hair... then i think she's a little shallow... but unfortunately some girls do think that way... im probably the same when it comes to fatter chicks... so its all relative.

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear that Gilgamesh, though i'm almost sure it wasnt your hairloss that induced the breakup so dont take it that bad.

"hey, she wasnt right for ya !"

norwood 105...LOL..