Who Are The Best Surgeons In The Usa Who Perform The Surgery Themselves?

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
Seems like everyone with overwhelmingly good reviews (I'm thinking of Shapiro) have assistants do most of the work

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Cole does everything except placing the grafts but he'll inspect and adjust graphs.

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
Cole does everything except placing the grafts but he'll inspect and adjust graphs.

I'd be fine with a tech doing the extracting, it's the placement that matters. There's really no one?

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd be fine with a tech doing the extracting, it's the placement that matters. There's really no one?

You got it backwards.
Cole makes up the recipient site. Nurse place graphs.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Dr Vories does and his prices for FUE are reasonable. His work is rather good.

diffuse_thinner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there's only one man in the world who does the entire procedure himself as far as I know, that's Dr Ray Woods.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Wow, very reasonably priced indeed. Do you know if anyone on this forum has experience with him?
Not on this forum. Other forums do have people posting about him. I don't remember anyone posting something negative about him.

shookwun

Reaction score
Placement is not rely a concern. I am fine with experienced techs doing this.

Surgeon should always be doing the incisions, and preferably a lead hand for the extractions.

it's the incisions, and extractions that you need a meticulous hand work for.

transections in grafts will mess up yield, hair per graft, and surrounding donor areas.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Placement is not rely a concern. I am fine with experienced techs doing this.

Surgeon should always be doing the incisions, and preferably a lead hand for the extractions.

it's the incisions, and extractions that you need a meticulous hand work for.

transections in grafts will mess up yield, hair per graft, and surrounding donor areas.

you say placement is not a big concern, i would have thought it was. most of the hair transplants that i see, the transplanted hairs eventually grow out in randoms angles/directions. is this because of poor placement or do the surgeons/techs have no real control to how the grafts eventually end up looking?

i ask because if you were to keep your hair short, it would look odd

this guy had pretty much his whole scalp done. soon after the surgery, the hairs look normal, same facing direction/angles. later on after some maturity, theyve taken on a more random appearance. is this unavoidable?

nhbhj.png
sssslll.png

shookwun

Reaction score
incisions determine placement.

Techs don't choose which direction they want the grafts to go when they implant.

Correct me if i am wrong?

shookwun

Reaction score
you say placement is not a big concern, i would have thought it was. most of the hair transplants that i see, the transplanted hairs eventually grow out in randoms angles/directions. is this because of poor placement or do the surgeons/techs have no real control to how the grafts eventually end up looking?

i ask because if you were to keep your hair short, it would look odd

this guy had pretty much his whole scalp done. soon after the surgery, the hairs look normal, same facing direction/angles. later on after some maturity, theyve taken on a more random appearance. is this unavoidable?

View attachment 46755 View attachment 46756
incisions determine placement directions

Techs don't choose which direction they want the grafts to go when they implant.

Correct me if i am wrong?hh

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score

i have no idea mate, i honestly dont know anything about hair transplants. im just trying to learn about them from you guys who do

i always found it pretty disconcerting that techs did a lot of the work and not the actual surgeon, but your saying the job they do doesnt have any real skill?

all i know is, is from what i have seen, the hairs seem to grow out in random directions eventually. i was wondering why that is?

guys like i showed you above are the reason why i am against getting a hair transplant and buzzing it short. it doesnt work from what i have seen. looks too pluggy/weird direction of hair growth

shookwun

Reaction score
Of course it has skill. Need meticulous handwork for everything.

Sanitation, and graft handling so important.

everyones heals differently, but its very much possible for the grafts to take on alternate directions in some cases,.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course it has skill. Need meticulous handwork for everything.

Sanitation, and graft handling so important.

everyones heals differently, but its very much possible for the grafts to take on alternate directions in some cases,.

do you have any threads on your hair transplant shookwun?

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score

You are correct. At the end Cole moved maybe 4 graphs after the techs placed them. A concern was having the graphs to close that they would pop out.

Vories has the best price for fue in the US that I know of. I've spoken to him. He was to aggressive for my liking. Sharpio office was always changing the cost so I just went back to Cole. That was my second pass with Cole. I wanted unshaven recipient, FUE, ACELL, PRP and a realistic hairline. As far as the cost is told them my funds and they where able to work with me on a slow month/day.

Best of luck.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
You are correct. At the end Cole moved maybe 4 graphs after the techs placed them. A concern was having the graphs to close that they would pop out.

Vories has the best price for fue in the US that I know of. I've spoken to him. He was to aggressive for my liking. Sharpio office was always changing the cost so I just went back to Cole. That was my second pass with Cole. I wanted unshaven recipient, FUE, ACELL, PRP and a realistic hairline. As far as the cost is told them my funds and they where able to work with me on a slow month/day.

Best of luck.
When you said Vories was too aggressive, what did you mean? Did he quote too many grafts or was he aggressive in trying to get you to go with him as your doctor? Don't know too much about him.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
When you said Vories was too aggressive, what did you mean? Did he quote too many grafts or was he aggressive in trying to get you to go with him as your doctor? Don't know too much about him.
I was meaning my hairline. The guy is a class act I just didn't believe him about the hairline. I'm 37 but I need some grass for the future.