Which Essential Oils Should I Try Treating male pattern baldness

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can have great result from mixing rosemary co2 extract (ursolic acid) and black currant oil as a carrier (which contain gamma linolenic oil and alpha linolenic oil and all the parental essentials oil that you need)

msm topical work well to remove the scar caused by those chronic pimple

partysnacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do people think about combining essential oil mixtures with alcohol (say, 30% alcohol /70% oil) to increase penetration and reduce the oily-ness a little? I have a bottle of the divine oils lying around that I might experiment with, but I realized there's no way oils are maintainable long term unless I buzz all my hair. It's just too messy otherwise.

(FWIW, I don't think EOs are super effective, but as an adjunct treatment they might be nice)

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Anyone mixing EOs in minoxidil? I’ve been doing this with Rosemary, Peppermint, Sandlewood, Cedarwood, Lavender, and Thyme mix all and then a few shots into the minoxidil 60ml. Does feel good on the scalp. Any potential negatives?

glen_jai

Reaction score
I've quit minoxidil about two months ago and started applying jojoba oil + peppermint essential oil (4% mix) once a day.
So far i feel my scalp is in much better condition than when i was using minoxidil. Less itching.
However, my hair has thinned a lot. The short hairs i regrew with minoxidil have gotten much much finer. Eventually i think they will be all gone.

So i don't think this is working for me.
I also find next to no proof where using essential oils has helped baldness anywhere. Except for that study on mice.

Has anyone gotten regrowth from oils? As I'm rather sceptical now from lack of real results and my own experience.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've quit minoxidil about two months ago and started applying jojoba oil + peppermint essential oil (4% mix) once a day.
So far i feel my scalp is in much better condition than when i was using minoxidil. Less itching.
However, my hair has thinned a lot. The short hairs i regrew with minoxidil have gotten much much finer. Eventually i think they will be all gone.

So i don't think this is working for me.
I also find next to no proof where using essential oils has helped baldness anywhere. Except for that study on mice.

Has anyone gotten regrowth from oils? As I'm rather sceptical now from lack of real results and my own experience.
Just put a good mix of oils and shoot about 2 or 3 in a full 60ml minoxidil bottle. Your scalp will feel great without the itch. I used to need nizoral daily now really don’t need it everyday. I’m not sure the oils really help with growth either...,