Which Essential Oils Should I Try Treating male pattern baldness

me yes

My Regimen
Reaction score
HI wanted to see what you guys thought. I am using finsteride, minoxidil for a year and just started derma rolling. I feel in these last 8 weeks I have lost more hair then the last year. I want to introduce the following:

4 oz. bottle of jojoba oil
Rosemary 12 drop
Lavender essential oil 4 drops
Cedarwood essential oil 4 drops
Clary sage essential oil 4 drops

Does this sound like a good mix? Also how many times a week can I do this? I read someone that two much of jojoba oil can make you actually loose your hair. Not sure if this is true but any thoughts?

Linny

Reaction score
I think you could add a lot more of each essential oil. In most studies I have read they use at least 3% essential oil. One ml is roughly 20 drops, so you could add a total of 60 drops and you'd be around 3%. Some other people suggested 8-10% but be careful to not overdo it :)

me yes

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Should I do it evenly :

Rosemary 15 drop
Lavender essential oil 15 drops
Cedarwood essential oil 15 drops
Clary sage essential oil 15 drops

Or should I just do more of rosemary?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Rosemary essential oil is a "hard" one, more with the chemotype alcanfor.

Try with these cited quantities, and inform us.
Good luck

Oueyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, i'm also new to the forum and would like to know if these EO would be effective on an early alopecia ? I'm not searching for insane regrowth, my goal is to use it to maintain what i've got for several years until something great is released or should i start now big 3 ?
Also, i didn't realy get what you mean by mixing these ingredients, you buy them separately and then mix them in one bottle ? Or do you apply them each other directly on the scalp ?

Sorry i'm a noob in this domain !

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Use ure essential oils is not recomended apply over scalp. It is necessary mixing the components
I'll try it in early alopecia

Oueyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Use ure essential oils is not recomended apply over scalp. It is necessary mixing the components
I'll try it in early alopecia

Thanks man, what do you think about :
Carrier oils : pure jojoba / coconut oil
Essential oils : rosemary/lavender/tea tree

And how should i divide the drops in a total of 60 drops ?
Is it better to add more drops of carrier oils than essentials in the total ?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man, what do you think about :
Carrier oils : pure jojoba / coconut oil
Essential oils : rosemary/lavender/tea tree

And how should i divide the drops in a total of 60 drops ?
Is it better to add more drops of carrier oils than essentials in the total ?

I''do this for 50 ml
40 ml Jojoba and 10 ml coconut oil and 7,0% in EO's
rosemary/lavender/tea tree,..., 20/30/20 drops

furtbr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't using oils be bad for health? Like.. because all of the absortion of fluids foreign to the body. (genuine question)

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds like the only essential oils that would most likely be implicated with having a positive effect on your hair would be EO’s that operate by impairing your endocrine which begs the question, why are you even bothering with EO’s, and not just using an AA or oestrogen, both would just be as risky but one spares you the pain of applying a topical to your scalp every day.

Oueyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I''do this for 50 ml
40 ml Jojoba and 10 ml coconut oil and 7,0% in EO's
rosemary/lavender/tea tree,..., 20/30/20 drops

Okay i've mixed this. How many time per week should i apply this ? The morning or before sleeping ? And how much ml should i apply ?

Turbohair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are some photos of the person who added essential oils from young living to his routine of using rogaine. Without rogaine he had major loss. Rogaine and Nizoral were used for many years, but the regrowth occurred when essential oils were added. Sacred frankencense, sage, rosemary and cedar wood are a part of his routine now. So rogaine helped control the loss but eo helped to rebuild.
After switching to EO, he tried removing rogaine for a little while but the hair quickly thinned so it was quickly added back to the routine.

By the way, I just saw this person recently and his hair was extra full and thick. It's much grayer now but full. My hair needs help, costco rogaine isn't cutting it for me. I'll be trying these or similar oils very soon.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have been adding peppermint and rosemary mainly 3 shots to my minoxidil and no issues of burning etc.