Which concealer should I try?

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
chr1s said:
UK78, read my post in the topic called "Best concleaer. Period!". I posted a reply with a total review on the second page about covre along with good tricks to using it. The best way is to use a rubber glove. Using concealers is all about trial and error, sometimes the smallest simplest trick could take a mediocre or awful hair concealing product into the best thing ever that you could never live without. Don't expect to get it right the first time no matter what product you try.

If you are difuse thinning mostly on the front I strongly suggest toppik with the spray, read my post I'm sure you should find it helpful, maybe I will put it on a seperate thread. Don't give up hope.

Yes I remember reading your post a while back and found it very useful, I am definately going to give it another chance, I suppose I was just a little dissapointed that it wasn't more of a hair thickener like I've heard Dermatch is, I still have hair everywhere which makes it very hard to apply to the scalp only and I'm a little worried that it could be seen under bright light. Thanks for the help.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Those pics are great and definately show a big improvement, do you put it on all of your hair to re-colour it too? Has anyone ever noticed it? When I get round to trying it again I will post some before and afters.

almo181

Reaction score
the colour i use is dark brown and it matches my hair color completely i guess i might be lucky so i dont gotta do my whole head to match color

mr_misterr

Reaction score
As a user of concealers over 10 years (tried Dermatch, Couvre) the best I have found is hair thickening sprays. Not only do they thicken but they cover the scalp like Dermatch. The main reason is the ease of use. Just point and spray and use a normal hairspray to hold it in place.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mr_misterr said:
As a user of concealers over 10 years (tried Dermatch, Couvre) the best I have found is hair thickening sprays. Not only do they thicken but they cover the scalp like Dermatch. The main reason is the ease of use. Just point and spray and use a normal hairspray to hold it in place.

Sounds interesting, I just searched for some 'before and afters' and found a thinkening spray called 'Regroom', they use exactly the same photo as Dermatch though.. the marketing of most of these products leave a lot to be desired and almost put me off before I've started to be honest.. I'm sure that most of the photos used are altered, have you seen the before and after in the Couvre booklet?? I haven't even seen an hair transplant that succesful.. I can feel a skinhead approaching..

almo181

Reaction score
beofre and after in the coruve booklet i think a exagerated a bit or something casue i dont think anyone gets anything that good as far as sprays i tried they make ur hair feel like crap its ahrd and gross, they come out with sweat and they rub off all over the place, i remeber a girl patting me on a head and then comming off with a brown hand from (the spray i had at the time fullmore) which was uber embarassing i was jsut like just died my hair she fell fer it anywyas :( , but sprays i used fullmore for a little while it was easy and quick but made ur hiar feel gross as i said, looks uber good and covers real nicely but i wouldnt use it with to long of hair. YOu have to use hairspray after for better effect amd normal hair has shine eh? well with this it has no shine and is dull. So i still say courve is better keeps the nautral shine and what not but if using an concealer i recommend kepping you hair fairly short no longer than 3 or 4 inches

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
UK78, I too pretty much have all my hair and my hair line is in tact but I have light thinning in the front. It is hard to get the couvre on because it's not like "an exact spot". that's why I say the rubber glove works best for me. In my opinion couvre and dermatch deliver the same results except that for me couvre is easier but wayyy too smelly. I prefer the light powder scent of dermatch, yet dermatch is just messier and harder to apply for me for some reason. I'm not sure about the "hair thickening" properties of dermatch, that would mean that stuff is gonna be in your hair and would rub off easily. I apply dermatch to the scalp only just like couvre.

As for "before and after pictures", i've notice many of these companies use the same exact stock photo for couvre, fulmore, topik.. ect... While a lot of them do bring good results pretty similar to what the photo shows.. it's all about how you apply, the type of hair you have, what you expect the product to do/withstand... ect... Again, this concealing stuff is all about trial and error.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Chris, tried it again a couple of days ago and I really just don't think it's for me, going to refocus on regrowth for a few months but might return to the concealer option later down the line if all else fails.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
inthetube said:
Dermatch - Nanogen - Mane and other cosmetic cover ups are available at http://www.Hairthickener.co.uk hope you find one that suits you alot is down to personal preference and what works for one person may not work for another.

Thanks for the link - heard a lot of stuff about nano, might give it a whirl. I fed up with these damned hats.