When you hit norwood seven it is over

Smartone84

Established Member
Reaction score
You haven't been researching, you've been listening to fear mongering. Learn how to interpret the studies for yourself, and then read them. You'll have a different outlook. It's either that or be bald, your choice. Funny thing is the people scared of finasteride are probably the first ones lining up for a scantly-tested vaccine with a largely unknown safety profile.
Fear mongering? When the label of the drug itself was revised to include the note that persistent side effects may continue even AFTER discontinuing use that ain't fear mongering. That's a harsh (albeit small) possible reality.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
When the only drug that really does something to help is one of the most controversial drugs on the market, it ain't that easy. And no, please don't tell me anything about how it's a minuscule number of men and this and that. I've been reading and researching stuff about Finasteride for the last 13 years. I've seen enough.

Hi. What do you mean by this "3D effect" and "removing the shininess" ?

I'm not gung-ho about finasteride by any means, I understand the risks. But if you are headed to Norwood 7, and find this outcome to be unbearable, I don't see why trying a relatively safe drug is that bad of a decision to make.

The shininess I'm referring to is how SMP looks like a bad paint job in certain lighting because there is no texture on the scalp. If you look at a regular Norwood 1 person who shaved their head, it just looks different (and more natural as expected, because it is natural) than a dense SMP job on a completely slick bald head.

Notice how slick bald people usually have very shiny and tight scalps?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fear mongering? When the label of the drug itself was revised to include the note that persistent side effects may continue even AFTER discontinuing use that ain't fear mongering. That's a harsh (albeit small) possible reality.

I'll take a one in a million chance of having persistent side effects over a 100% chance of being bald. What good is your penis if you're bald, the whole point if this thread is that it's over if you go bald. So you're worried about your penis for what? You're afraid you won't be able to masturbate anymore? lol

Edit: Not that I personally buy into that idea. I think if it's over when you're bald then you probably weren't getting any before either. The forum seems to be filled with people who believe it's all about the hair though.

Smartone84

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not gung-ho about finasteride by any means, I understand the risks. But if you are headed to Norwood 7, and find this outcome to be unbearable, I don't see why trying a relatively safe drug is that bad of a decision to make.

The shininess I'm referring to is how SMP looks like a bad paint job in certain lighting because there is no texture on the scalp. If you look at a regular Norwood 1 person who shaved their head, it just looks different (and more natural as expected, because it is natural) than a dense SMP job on a completely slick bald head.

Notice how slick bald people usually have very shiny and tight scalps?
I have yet to see a perfect SMP result. I'll also tell you that more than 90% of the photos i've seen have been bad results.

With regards to not wanting to head to a NW7, or in my case a NW5, yeah I hear ya. It's a terrible thing and there are only a few options. I personally have chose not to go with Propecia but instead a hair system (soon), though even that decision I am not thrilled or crazy about. I could very well see a transplant in my future someday.

Smartone84

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll take a one in a million chance of having persistent side effects over a 100% chance of being bald. What good is your penis if you're bald, the whole point if this thread is that it's over if you go bald. So you're worried about your penis for what? You're afraid you won't be able to masturbate anymore? lol
Literally everything you said in this response is wrong and/or absurd.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Literally everything you said in this response is wrong and/or absurd.

Here's the truth about finasteride side effects from actual doctors. They've never seen one single case of pfs in their clinic. The chance of getting it is virtually zero if it even exists as a real thing, which I'm not convinced it does.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I have yet to see a perfect SMP result. I'll also tell you that more than 90% of the photos i've seen have been bad results.

With regards to not wanting to head to a NW7, or in my case a NW5, yeah I hear ya. It's a terrible thing and there are only a few options. I personally have chose not to go with Propecia but instead a hair system (soon), though even that decision I am not thrilled or crazy about. I could very well see a transplant in my future someday.

People go too far with SMP, same with transplants. They try to get a Norwood 0 hairline that just looks ridiculous and unnatural. SMP isn't a solution by itself. It's only something, in my opinion, that has to be combined with FUE in order to be a believable illusion.

If you can rock the hair system confidently, more power to you man. I wish it was less stigmatized so that more people would consider it as an option. Maybe one day it will be.

I just couldn't deal with the upkeep. I'd rather rock a thin buzzcut with some light SMP. I get out of the "bald guy" binarization that people first think of, and don't need to worry about being "exposed" or anything like that.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Upkeep meaning more than just the physical upkeep of the hair piece. The mental upkeep as well, of always wondering how it looks, is anyone suspecting that I'm wearing it, having to prepare an explanation if they ask me about it.

Not to mention, and this is just my personal opinion of course so I don't mean to offend anyone, but I would kind of feel feminine wearing a hair piece.

Nice hair is actually a very feminine quality if you think about it. It is a very estrogenic symbol in a woman, which is why all men generally like long, thick hair on a woman when we see it.

My goal with hair loss was never to have great hair that I could style in many different ways, that always seemed a bit metrosexual and superficial to me. I just didn't want the damn horseshoe and a messed up frame to my face.

Smartone84

Established Member
Reaction score
If you can rock the hair system confidently, more power to you man. I wish it was less stigmatized so that more people would consider it as an option. Maybe one day it will be.
It will take a big name celebrity to come out talking about them or one of these companies going on Shark Tank or something like that to really help.

While a toupee may always be a sham in some people's eyes, in all honesty, coming from someone who has been watching videos and reading about hair systems for the better part of the last three years and having seen just how realistic they are and just how far they've come from the cringeworthy days of the rugs of the 70s/80s or Sy Serling's Hair Club in the 90's, and considering just how significant of a market there is for them, I'm actually shocked nobody has tried taking these things to the next level.

Smartone84

Established Member
Reaction score
Upkeep meaning more than just the physical upkeep of the hair piece. The mental upkeep as well, of always wondering how it looks, is anyone suspecting that I'm wearing it, having to prepare an explanation if they ask me about it.
Well from all I can understand once you start really trusting the system and the glue after a while you grow into it and it becomes less and less of a worry. A bit hard to believe for someone who's as anxious as I can be, but, we'll see. I can't imagine ever going to a party or a backyard bbq and not being paranoid to hell wondering if all these people in my face talking to me will notice something funny. I could be wrong, but I do have my doubts. For me I also am struggling with the mental factor of wearing in general. Like no matter how good it looks I might always feel like a bit of a fraud or that i'm wearing a "costume" so to speak. That is until the day they become destigmatized, which, in my opinion is still a long time away, if ever. I'd like to get to a point where I'm just completely open about it to most people (i.e. co-workers, friends) but I don't think I can get there, at least not with the types of people I know.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Something like this, which is what my hair looked like when I was Norwood 1, I would be perfectly ok with until I'm dead:

1609197949392.png

1609197978455.png

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was in a similar position to the OP. NW6 at age 26. See here. Today approaching 30 and a NW7 with retrograde and (I think) thinning donor.

My life plan was to be married with a kid on the way when I was approaching 30. You may think that this is asking a lot but a lot of the guys I went to school with, who are NW1, are doing it right now. Some people like the idea of being an older single guy and trying to play the field but that's not the life that I wanted. But here I am. I tried a lot and have gotten no results. I did the usual nonsense i.e. getting in shape, working on my career and getting new hobbies. Then I went to shady dating coaches who all said that they could help me and got nowhere. I also had a pro photoshoot for new photos to use on dating apps and the photos just failed.

In the past 3-4 years, I once went for a hair system fitting. It was between jobs. This was a person who fitted some celebrities. Anyway, I decided not to go with it. The person said that I looked fine with the shaved head look and I myself thought that I looked strange with the sample system on (but it had not been cut or anything...). That was a bad bad decision. If I go for a system now, I'll have to walk it into my workplace with my new hair after the pandemic, for example.

Damn you could be the poster child for all red pills. Sounds like you have all your ducks in a row except the hair which has been detrimental in your life journey. I even commented on that first thread when you were 26. Wish you well pal

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn you could be the poster child for all red pills. Sounds like you have all your ducks in a row except the hair which has been detrimental in your life journey. I even commented on that first thread when you were 26. Wish you well pal
Maybe he has autism. It does sound a bit like it, no offense just an observation

Last edited:

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Saving @Feelsbadman from a life of despair has given you new found powers into the minds of hair loss sufferers. Use it wisely Jedi
Lmao I'm just sayin I can see hints of it from his posts, I could be totally wrong but it's possible and would explain a lot. I say he should try to get diagnosed unless he's 100% convinced that he isn't.

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
im not a coper. im just telling you that if you lost the fight then just get over it. no point in crying

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
you need to understand servel things in order to live happily

1. the majority of the population on this planet are assholes pieces of shits

2. their views about you dont matter at all

3. only you matters (aqnd your family)

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was in a similar position to the OP. NW6 at age 26. See here. Today approaching 30 and a NW7 with retrograde and (I think) thinning donor.

My life plan was to be married with a kid on the way when I was approaching 30. You may think that this is asking a lot but a lot of the guys I went to school with, who are NW1, are doing it right now. Some people like the idea of being an older single guy and trying to play the field but that's not the life that I wanted. But here I am. I tried a lot and have gotten no results. I did the usual nonsense i.e. getting in shape, working on my career and getting new hobbies. Then I went to shady dating coaches who all said that they could help me and got nowhere. I also had a pro photoshoot for new photos to use on dating apps and the photos just failed.

In the past 3-4 years, I once went for a hair system fitting. It was between jobs. This was a person who fitted some celebrities. Anyway, I decided not to go with it. The person said that I looked fine with the shaved head look and I myself thought that I looked strange with the sample system on (but it had not been cut or anything...). That was a bad bad decision. If I go for a system now, I'll have to walk it into my workplace with my new hair after the pandemic, for example.
I feel bad for you man, I wish you the best in life. If it's any help looking at your original post you seem to have all the right features for pulling off the bald, fit, sexy guy look: Manly jaw, thick, bushy eyebrows, good beard and a decently shaped head. I've a friend whose dad looks like you and he is married with two children. Sadly my friend hasn't inherited these features but he has gotten his male pattern baldness gene, and nowadays he sports a buzzcut, which made me feel very sad for him because it was too much of a difference to how I remembered him since the last time I had seen him. I hope you can find a good girl to settle down with eventually, or find happiness on your own. Don't compare yourself to other people because everyone is different and there's way too much people who are unhappy because they care too much about societal expectations.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel bad for you man, I wish you the best in life. If it's any help looking at your original post you seem to have all the right features for pulling off the bald, fit, sexy guy look: Manly jaw, thick, bushy eyebrows, good beard and a decently shaped head. I've a friend whose dad looks like you and he is married with two children. Sadly my friend hasn't inherited these features but he has gotten his male pattern baldness gene, and nowadays he sports a buzzcut, which made me feel very sad for him because it was too much of a difference to how I remembered him since the last time I had seen him. I hope you can find a good girl to settle down with eventually, or find happiness on your own. Don't compare yourself to other people because everyone is different and there's way too much people who are unhappy because they care too much about societal expectations.
And just because some people get married before 30 doesn't mean they're happy. A lot of people get divorced, or stay together but have a toxic relationship that they hate. Or have a good relationship but other problems in life that others don't know about them.