What's The Lowest Topical Finasteride Dose That Gave You Sides On The Long Run?

edddys08

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I would like to gather some opinions about the lowest possible amoung of topical finasteride used by forum members and who experience side effects.

topicalthunder

My Regimen
Reaction score
The “highest” dose without sides is 0.1mg topically per day (0.05mg twice daily). With this dosage there was absolutely 0 systemic build up and no DHT change throughout the body. This dosage proved to be effective to some extent, but results take time.

You could also tolerate a higher dose, every one is different hence why some get side effects and some don’t.

I think medicine needs to move away from “label dose” and move to doses fit for the patient. You could nearly eradicate all side effects from all medicines by adjusting dosage whilst maintaining positive effects.

edddys08

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to get feedback from people using this concentration 0.05mg twice a day

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to get feedback from people using this concentration 0.05mg twice a day

I have been doing it, for 2 months.

Nothing to report yet: no sides but no improvement either.

It takes 6 months to witness results so I wouldn't conclude anything yet.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The “highest” dose without sides is 0.1mg topically per day (0.05mg twice daily). With this dosage there was absolutely 0 systemic build up and no DHT change throughout the body. This dosage proved to be effective to some extent, but results take time.

You could also tolerate a higher dose, every one is different hence why some get side effects and some don’t.

I think medicine needs to move away from “label dose” and move to doses fit for the patient. You could nearly eradicate all side effects from all medicines by adjusting dosage whilst maintaining positive effects.
What percent is .1 mg daily. I just ordered .1% topical finasteride with minoxidil. Does that give sides to many

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What percent is .1 mg daily. I just ordered .1% topical finasteride with minoxidil. Does that give sides to many

0.01%.

Or you apply 0.1 mL of .1%. you can dilute it in distilled water if you want to make it easier to spread on your head

edddys08

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did someone try topical dutasteride, I read that since the molecular weight is much larger than finasteride there is less possibility of systemic absorption

jazz1

Reaction score
I been using 0.1% topical finesteride for years now, initially I used 0.025% when I had side effects. You could also add horny goat weed and zinc to minimise side effects, but in general this is in the mind with side effects.

I used 0.025% topically every third day and this worked great, as the half life was 72 hours.

Check my thread here for topical finesteride:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...oxidil-finasteride-mixture-check-here.126633/

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I been using 0.1% topical finesteride for years now, initially I used 0.025% when I had side effects. You could also add horny goat weed and zinc to minimise side effects, but in general this is in the mind with side effects.

I used 0.025% topically every third day and this worked great, as the half life was 72 hours.

Check my thread here for topical finesteride:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...oxidil-finasteride-mixture-check-here.126633/
Do you use it .1% daily now? That’s what I was prescribed to do

Zwillard90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did anyone on here have success with top finasteride?? If so what kind of results and how long did it take to see them?