What Was The Verdict On Oh-flutamide?

ruffledfeathers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is the original post:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...abolite-of-flutamide-a-better-ru58841.121993/

I think in May there was a group buy, what was the results from this? I know @hemingway_the_mercenary has posted since then, but I still couldn't get a good read on if this is effective as a standalone since I believe he's running a steroid cycle along with lots of other miscellaneous hairloss drugs. The only other person I've read that has experience with it is @el_duterino and while he did say it was worthless, I'm not convinced. I have a hard time trusting him since he can't reply to a topic about any drug without talking about how CB is super effective with no sides even though not a single person posted a picture of positive results and the clinical trial data shows it to be many times weaker than finasteride when applied at max strength twice a day.

The other drug I keep going back and forward on is RU58841. I'm sure everyone has read about that guy who had heart failure from it and the chest pain reports are too common to ignore. But a few people do claim positive results. Picture proof is hard to come by.

I'm in desperate search for an effective topical anti-androgen that doesn't have reports of nasty systemic sides. Everything seems to have bad sides or be ineffective. Whats the most promising topical anti-androgen going into 2020?

Pixie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still too early to really tell, but the general consensus thusfar is that it's like a safer RU

el_duterino

Reaction score
Still too early to really tell, but the general consensus thusfar is that it's like a safer RU

Safer for what ? RU has a serum half life of 1 hour, Hydroxy Flutamide (OH-F) is 8 hours, guess which one will give you the most side effects

Even RU can give androgenic side effects. I had erection issues, some members had gyno and brain fog.

For male pattern baldness you need a topical drug with no systemic effects and no serum life, not a prostate cancer drug from the 1970's

ruffledfeathers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And CB has no potential side effects?
CB has the efficacy and side effect profile of a cheeseburger in regards to hair loss. It does nothing. More people just made threads today about how it wasn't working for them. I'm about to take it anyway in hope that it slows it down if it can't stop it fully.

el_duterino

Reaction score
CB is now approved for use in teenagers for acne..the official name of the drug is Clascoterone

el_duterino

Reaction score
CB has the efficacy and side effect profile of a cheeseburger in regards to hair loss. It does nothing. More people just made threads today about how it wasn't working for them. I'm about to take it anyway in hope that it slows it down if it can't stop it fully.

you mean the people who failed on finasteride and still hope to regrow lost hair ? this is not going to work for them

CB is a safe maintenance drug you can start at a NW1 in your teens and keep a NW1 for life, or keep the hair you have now, not regrow long lost hair.

Once it will be released we wont have issues with stability and vehicle, and amount.

What Norwood are you and how did finasteride work for you ?

Dennis1775

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you mean the people who failed on finasteride and still hope to regrow lost hair ? this is not going to work for them

CB is a safe maintenance drug you can start at a NW1 in your teens and keep a NW1 for life, or keep the hair you have now, not regrow long lost hair.

Once it will be released we wont have issues with stability and vehicle, and amount.

What Norwood are you and how did finasteride work for you ?
I know that you are Clascoterone employee italian american good luck mate...

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score

Completely insane. Much of this forum unlike yourself have aggressive loss and a mild AA like CB wont do anything. Even in the official trial after just 12 months they were all back to baseline - any bets i wonder where they were after 24 months ? Probably below.

As for OH-flute its stronger than RU but has worse solubility.

el_duterino

Reaction score
According to studies, OH-F is about as strong as RU in competing with DHT, but RU has far less side effects.

Abstract
The effect of androgen receptor transcriptional activation by RU58841, a nonsteroidal anti-androgen, was studied in the human prostate cancer PC3 cell line by cotransfection with wild-type androgen receptor (wt AR) and an androgen-responsive reporter (MMTVARE-CAT) construct. Anti-androgens, hydroxyflutamide, and Casodex, and the antiestrogen, genistein, were studied in parallel for comparison with RU58841. The wt AR was activated only by the androgen dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Neither the anti-androgens nor antiestrogen can enhance AR transcriptional activity at 10 -11-10 -7M in PC3 cells. Hydroxyflutamide, RU58841, and Casodex, but not genistein, displayed competitively suppressive effects on DHT activation of wt AR. The potency of RU58841 was comparable to that of hydroxyflutamide. From this result, topical application of RU58841, which is considered to be a potential therapy for skin diseases, may induce systemic side effects. However, RU58841, on topical application, revealed a potent increase in density, thickening, and length of hair in the macaque model of androgenetic alopecia, whereas no systemic effects were detected. Together our results suggest that RU58841 may have potent antagonism to the wt AR and could be considered as a topically applied active anti-androgen for the treatment of androgen- dependent skin disorders, such as acne, androgenetic alopecia, and hirsutism.

https://mdanderson.elsevierpure.com...1-as-an-anti-androgen-in-prostate-pc3-cells-a

Last edited: