What to do? (pics)

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
Propecia isn't making you lose hair. Either you don't have real finasteride or you're one of the 5% that do not get any benefits along the anterior scalp.

G

DoctorHouse said:
Kipwinger, my hair was much thicker before I started Propecia and now it has thinned out more in 18 months than all my life. How old are you? If you are close to 40, its normal for your hair to get thinner and more receded. There is nothing wrong with you being depressed about hairloss at any level. I have a suspicion that Propecia could accelerate male pattern baldness in some cases. Merk is not going to tell you that is possible because then this drug would definitely lose its popularity among balding men. I see so many people show photos after taking Propecia and their hairlines look worse than before they started it. I think screwing with mother nature could have some consequences and maybe taking Propecia could be an example in SOME cases. I am not saying the drug does not work. I am just saying I think it may backfire for some people. My hair situation is similar to yours. My hits are down the middle and at the hairline. I was hoping to just maintain and unfortunately it backfired for me. Everyone on this forum with a few exceptions complains about how Rogaine or Propecia or dutasteride made their hair shed like crazy and now their hair looks crappy. I thought these drugs are supposed to help maintain. All I see is faster male pattern baldness. I honestly do not think its wise to force shedding by drugs because maybe it can have some bad consequences. This topic is starting to make me more miserable than Taug, let me just pop my Vicodin and get back to work.

Wait a minute, Merck officially says that Propecia only stops hairloss in about 80% of all men. For some it is just too agressive. He may be one of them!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Taug if a person is close to 40 or a little older and just starts to lose hair like crazy while on Propecia and NEVER did before, do you think they have aggressive male pattern baldness. I do not think so. Propecia should help maintain with someone with early loss around 35 and not cause aggressive male pattern baldness to happen all of sudden. Most aggressive male pattern baldness cases affect men from age 18 to at the most 35. If that was the case then your boyfriend Brad Pitt would be starting his aggressive male pattern baldness right about now.

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
yes propecia is not working for me. i will do propecia and dutasteride together and nizoral. i ll be increasing gradually dutasteride. in the beggining i will use dutasteride 2 ou 3 times a week and o,25 propecia the others days with saw palmetto. lets see what f*****g happens. i want my hair back! so the girls :lol:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Kipwinger, how old are you?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I thought you might be in your mid 30's. You are still at an age where aggressive balding can hit so the Propecia may not prevent you from balding but slow it down.

Ray777

Reaction score
kid imo you haven't lost a hair on your head. I wouldn't f*ck with it if I were you, I have real hair loss you are just delirious. Enjoy what you have and go out and have fun dude.

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
ray777 i wish you were right. but i am loosing it :( i know. i try to have fun... but i am very sad about this. good luck for all.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
KipWinger said:
ray777 i wish you were right. but i am loosing it :( i know. i try to have fun... but i am very sad about this. good luck for all.

when you go out, try not to think about it too much...spend more time checking out chicks instead. It works like a charm. lol

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Yeah, looks bad.
What the hell??? His hair looks no where near bad imo. As yes, people in the early stages of male pattern baldness are allowed to complain, but they still need to be realistic. Keep in mind that there are people here with advanced hair loss who won't appreciate comments like this. If this kind of hair is considered "bad", then think about how it would make them feel about their own hair.

KipWinger, it does look like you're losing density but don't worry, it's not bad at all. In fact, I doubt most people will even notice you're losing hair. I suggest you go with a shorter haircut (use Michael Bolton as an example, went from long to short hair) and like others mentioned, make the switch to dutasteride. Good luck!

G

kalbo said:
Taugenichts said:
Yeah, looks bad.
What the hell??? His hair looks no where near bad imo. As yes, people in the early stages of male pattern baldness are allowed to complain, but they still need to be realistic. Keep in mind that there are people here with advanced hair loss who won't appreciate comments like this. If this kind of hair is considered "bad", then think about how it would make them feel about their own hair.

Well, to me any kind of visible hairloss and thinning looks bad. Sry for telling my opinion :roll:

And if someone is too sensitive to face the truth about his hair then he shouldn´t come here. I am not trying to offend anyone but with a Norwood 4 I wouldn´t want to live.

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Statements like that are ridiculous and disproportionate to the problem tbh. You just sound silly.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Taug is just a bitter person who hopes everyone shows some signs of balding just so he feels better he is not the only one. Not a single positive thing comes out of his mouth. No wonder women run away from him the moment they encounter him.

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
kalbo said:
Taugenichts said:
Yeah, looks bad.

Well, to me any kind of visible hairloss and thinning looks bad. Sry for telling my opinion :roll:

And if someone is too sensitive to face the truth about his hair then he shouldn´t come here. I am not trying to offend anyone but with a Norwood 4 I wouldn´t want to live.

I know you've probably heard this over and over again, but hair loss is the least of your problems my friend. Even if you're a nw0 with no signs of male pattern baldness and had model-like good looks, I'm sure you'd still be miserable.

G

Taugenichts said:
So, according to your opinion one needs a certain Norwood and/or level of thinning in order to be allowed to whine?

especially funny considering Taugenichts considering ripping on teh other guy for posting pics of himself showing a tiny amount of scalp and a tiny bit of recession. Taugenichts=hypocrite

Go throw up another picture of a guy with NW1 hair on your avatar. Hell throw 3 pictures up there.

Loving it Taug. Just loving it. :lol:

G

DoctorHouse said:
Taug is just a bitter person who hopes everyone shows some signs of balding just so he feels better he is not the only one. Not a single positive thing comes out of his mouth. No wonder women run away from him the moment they encounter him.

Now, that is a really disappointing comment. I don´t wish others to go bald or show some signs of thinning. I am not a mean, jealous person who wishes others to lose hair just because I am. That´s not how I am.

Btw. I have made quite a few positive comments about people who had regrown some hair and I am also actively encouraging newbies to get on proper treatments. I guess this fact you are just ignoring because it doesn´t fit into the opinion you have of me.

G

JayMan said:
Taugenichts said:
So, according to your opinion one needs a certain Norwood and/or level of thinning in order to be allowed to whine?

especially funny considering Taugenichts considering ripping on teh other guy for posting pics of himself showing a tiny amount of scalp and a tiny bit of recession. Taugenichts=hypocrite

Go throw up another picture of a guy with NW1 hair on your avatar. Hell throw 3 pictures up there.

Loving it Taug. Just loving it. :lol:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Taug, I have read alot of your posts and I cannot remember one ending in a positive note. You may say something encouraging but then you negate it with some kind of negative comment. Maybe you need to have a new section on this forum labeled Taug's positive advice and put all your past positive comments to posters under it. I am sure you will have difficulty finding a past post of yours with just positive comments only. As far as an opinion about you, I do not know you too well but I actually find you the most entertaining on here. You are kind of like the Simon Cowell of this forum. I have nothing against you but I think you need be more positive about yourself and to others. I am sure you are a good person but you certainly do not project that in your postings on here. You have BDD real bad and you need help. Then you can live a much happier life and be a more positive person that will attract alot of nice looking women who will care less about your flaws.

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
long talking here!!! i didn know that my post will end in this! holly molly!

I dont want to cut my hair off!!!!