What to do? (pics)

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
why skip saw palmetto it cant do any bad ! can it? i have alreaddy boughted one bottle.

Trash

Reaction score
well to this case i would say :
your hair doesnt look bad at all... far away from looking bald.. especially the shot from the front.. although it could be the beginning of thinning..

yeah and i agree with doom and s.a.f .... there are guys who whine and whine and whine while their hair looks good and yeah such cases make me sick too ....

G

Trash said:
well to this case i would say :
your hair doesnt look bad at all... far away from looking bald.. especially the shot from the front.. although it could be the beginning of thinning..

yeah and i agree with doom and s.a.f .... there are guys who whine and whine and whine while their hair looks good and yeah such cases make me sick too ....

So, according to your opinion one needs a certain Norwood and/or level of thinning in order to be allowed to whine?

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
Everyone has his own standards and I see nothing wrong if someone who has some degree of hairloss, even small, compain about it..

But it seems that for some guys this is totally unacceptable, someone must be Norwood 2-3 to have the right to worry about his hairloss. All of you know that it is much easier to maintain than to regrowth, so if someone with norwood 1.5 is trying his best to maintan, there is nothing wrong with it.

Where is written that only Norwood 3 and more can compain? Where is written that with Norwood 1.5 should anyone be happy? He should wait to become Norwood 4 so he can join some club or what? Jesus Kris, this site is really so pathetic and full of enviousness, I am leaving this site just because I dont want to belong to such hopeless people.

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
hey guys i didnt put here the pics to cause stress and discucion. i am sorry for the other guys who lots more hair, but please we all suffer the same pain, this is no joke and hair loss can drive a person to a depresion. i am not happy with my actual position and i want to be better. i know my hair better than anyone and i know the volume and how it used to be. i had many many hair, now is getting worse very fast and finasteride seems to do nothing :( i hate the idea of putting minoxidil two times a day it makes me very depressed, and i will give a try to propecia and dutasteride in combo. i will do this 3 months to see and then post again. but please we all are here to help everybody, becouse here we understand the pain it is and in the real world outside seems that no one cares. :(

Bet24

Established Member
Reaction score
tomas99 said:
Everyone has his own standards and I see nothing wrong if someone who has some degree of hairloss, even small, compain about it..

But it seems that for some guys this is totally unacceptable, someone must be Norwood 2-3 to have the right to worry about his hairloss. All of you know that it is much easier to maintain than to regrowth, so if someone with norwood 1.5 is trying his best to maintan, there is nothing wrong with it.

Where is written that only Norwood 3 and more can compain? Where is written that with Norwood 1.5 should anyone be happy? He should wait to become Norwood 4 so he can join some club or what? Jesus Kris, this site is really so pathetic and full of enviousness, I am leaving this site just because I dont want to belong to such hopeless people.

Totally agree, I dont know what's wrong with the forum lately... do you have to be a NW6 to post in here?, some of us are in the early stages of hairloss and we want to keep our hair in a nw2~nw3 pattern as long as we can.

I had to tolerate a lot of offensive comments in this forum from noob members the other day because of my pics, and my hair looks much much worse than KipWinger hair.

Your hairloss pattern look a lot like mine KipWinger, the hairline and overall frontal thinning is almost identical, start with propecia soon!!

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
hey Bet24, i have been allreaddy in propecia for 2 years. it worked well in the firsts 8 months, athen stopped and i am shedding more and more and dont stops i will go to dutasteride and finasteride together.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bet24 said:
tomas99 said:

Totally agree, I dont know what's wrong with the forum lately... do you have to be a NW6 to post in here?, some of us are in the early stages of hairloss and we want to keep our hair in a nw2~nw3 pattern as long as we can.

I had to tolerate a lot of offensive comments in this forum from noob members the other day because of my pics, and my hair looks much much worse than KipWinger hair.

Your hairloss pattern look a lot like mine KipWinger, the hairline and overall frontal thinning is almost identical, start with propecia soon!!

I agree also. Saf and other guy why do you say things like they are whining? As many have informed me on this site it is easier to maintain than to regrow so surely these people are being sensible for doing something about their hairloss at an early stage. Every guy knows when his hair is becoming thinner.

G

Do you have a picture where one can actually see your hairline? Like when you are holding your hair back with your hand? But I think I see some thinning in the middle on these pics, similiar to mine.

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry but no i dont have i will take it and post. my loss is diffuse every where in the top of my head. i dont have actually receding hair line, is like i am loosing volume every where and have more space between the hairs. i hold with my hand the hair i have in the side and then in top and i have almost 3 times more inthe sides that on top.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Kipwinger, my hair was much thicker before I started Propecia and now it has thinned out more in 18 months than all my life. How old are you? If you are close to 40, its normal for your hair to get thinner and more receded. There is nothing wrong with you being depressed about hairloss at any level. I have a suspicion that Propecia could accelerate male pattern baldness in some cases. Merk is not going to tell you that is possible because then this drug would definitely lose its popularity among balding men. I see so many people show photos after taking Propecia and their hairlines look worse than before they started it. I think screwing with mother nature could have some consequences and maybe taking Propecia could be an example in SOME cases. I am not saying the drug does not work. I am just saying I think it may backfire for some people. My hair situation is similar to yours. My hits are down the middle and at the hairline. I was hoping to just maintain and unfortunately it backfired for me. Everyone on this forum with a few exceptions complains about how Rogaine or Propecia or dutasteride made their hair shed like crazy and now their hair looks crappy. I thought these drugs are supposed to help maintain. All I see is faster male pattern baldness. I honestly do not think its wise to force shedding by drugs because maybe it can have some bad consequences. This topic is starting to make me more miserable than Taug, let me just pop my Vicodin and get back to work.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Kipwinger, my hair was much thicker before I started Propecia and now it has thinned out more in 18 months than all my life. How old are you? If you are close to 40, its normal for your hair to get thinner and more receded. There is nothing wrong with you being depressed about hairloss at any level. I have a suspicion that Propecia could accelerate male pattern baldness in some cases. Merk is not going to tell you that is possible because then this drug would definitely lose its popularity among balding men. I see so many people show photos after taking Propecia and their hairlines look worse than before they started it. I think screwing with mother nature could have some consequences and maybe taking Propecia could be an example in SOME cases. I am not saying the drug does not work. I am just saying I think it may backfire for some people. My hair situation is similar to yours. My hits are down the middle and at the hairline. I was hoping to just maintain and unfortunately it backfired for me. Everyone on this forum with a few exceptions complains about how Rogaine or Propecia or dutasteride made their hair shed like crazy and now their hair looks crappy. I thought these drugs are supposed to help maintain. All I see is faster male pattern baldness. I honestly do not think its wise to force shedding by drugs because maybe it can have some bad consequences. This topic is starting to make me more miserable than Taug, let me just pop my Vicodin and get back to work.

nah taug beats you by far ...

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:

Well Kipwinger said it help to maintain then he stopped and than shedding came. Also, many peoples dont use Propecia but only generics.

On Czech forum I visit, only bad effects of Propecia is lower libido. No one ever compained about losing more hair on propecia, only about side effects. Also, only those that have problems compain. Those that get some results dont write anything or even dont visit such forums.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
tomas99, Kipwinger did not say he stopped taking finasteride, he said after 2 years his hair got worse on it and does not know if he should switch to some other treatments. My point again is he said it got worse 2 years on finasteride. He has a good point, when do you know its safe to give up on a treatment or not? I have read some people do not get peak results on Propecia until year 3 or 4. The question is he one of those people? I think alot of people come on this forum more for entertainment than tips on hairloss. You have Taug complaining he is the ugliest man in the world, CCS telling us stories how he almost got laid finally, Jayman giving cool advice that no one ever listens to, and s.a.f.(what the heck is that an abbreviation for) trying to play psychologist to Taug. The only thing more entertaining than that is watching me every Tuesday night on Fox.

abcdefg

Reaction score
The problem with baldness is there is no way to know if your actually going bald or not. Losing density or even having a slightly receding hairline is still in my mind hairloss which in theory can be treated with propecia or rogaine since I know of no other treatments. So men come on here with little hairloss but still want to stop it or do what they can. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure right?

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
tomas99, Kipwinger did not say he stopped taking finasteride, he said after 2 years his hair got worse on it and does not know if he should switch to some other treatments. My point again is he said it got worse 2 years on finasteride. He has a good point, when do you know its safe to give up on a treatment or not? I have read some people do not get peak results on Propecia until year 3 or 4. The question is he one of those people? I think alot of people come on this forum more for entertainment than tips on hairloss. You have Taug complaining he is the ugliest man in the world, CCS telling us stories how he almost got laid finally, Jayman giving cool advice that no one ever listens to, and s.a.f.(what the heck is that an abbreviation for) trying to play psychologist to Taug. The only thing more entertaining than that is watching me every Tuesday night on Fox.

You are right I see that Propecia stoped not Kipwinger. But I still think the rest I have written. Also, male pattern baldness could be triggered by another thing that only too much DHT so Propecia could be working. It is supposed to lower DHT levels, but no one can guarantee that low DHT levels means stop losing hair. There can really by other triggers. So it can do its job, but there could be another trigger (I dont know too much 17-beta estradiol) which causes shedding. It can be Telogen Effluvium also.

And you are right, I know that people come here to talk but if they would rather spend their time on testing and researching info about male pattern baldness they would do better. Otherwise, they are just spending their lifes at this forum.