What to do about insensitive comments?

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score
So my “manager” has recently made several offhand comments about me balding. Specifically mentioning “bald spots”. Now I don’t believe I actually have any bald spots, but these comments are pissing me off and I want to know why she keeps “joking” about this. I don’t know if she’s trying to be funny, but in what world is this funny? If she thinks I am balding then it’s bullying, if she doesn’t then it’s… what?! Do I ask her what she’s talking about? How can I confront her without it looking like she’s upset me? She’s tried this joke in front of other people and no one has laughed or joined in, and I’ve brushed it off as though she’s not said anything so far.

KevinEdEddEddy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just talk to her that she is in position to comment your work and not your balding for fucks sake
If she does it anyway, report her, as she is Michael Scott wannabe

DyingOfTheLight

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to filter sh*t like this out tbh. It's has probably less to do with your baldness itself than with the fact that some people will poke fun at every insecurity they can detect. Just standard human behaviour. If it isn't something physical, it's something mental that they can take shots at

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score
You have to filter sh*t like this out tbh. It's has probably less to do with your baldness itself than with the fact that some people will poke fun at every insecurity they can detect. Just standard human behaviour. If it isn't something physical, it's something mental that they can take shots at
Standard human behaviour - pleased I’m not standard then. I’ve never once said anything remotely insulting about someone else’s appearance. I don’t even tell someone if I think they look tired as who the hell needs to hear that sh*t? It just upsets people.

DyingOfTheLight

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Standard human behaviour - pleased I’m not standard then. I’ve never once said anything remotely insulting about someone else’s appearance. I don’t even tell someone if I think they look tired as who the hell needs to hear that sh*t? It just upsets people.

Well, that's the point. Work is a shitty place. It only gives a fraction of people some fulfilment. Life can be shitty as well, and people often carry their personal frustrations with them throughout the day. No excuse, but many people will have moments were they try to unload their negativity on others. Blatantly or behind your back. You filter out most of it tbh — this just hit you in your feelings

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, that's the point. Work is a shitty place. It only gives a fraction of people some fulfilment. Life can be shitty as well, and people often carry their personal frustrations with them throughout the day. No excuse, but many people will have moments were they try to unload their negativity on others. Blatantly or behind your back. You filter out most of it tbh — this just hit you in your feelings
But duuuuuude work gives life sooo much meaning without work your life means nothing!!11!!!!!11!!1111!!!! /s

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
I always distrust people who say sh*t like this ( when it's obviously untrue ). When someone can lie like this to themselves, how you can you trust em
I can understand that it can give people a sense of purpose and such, nothing wrong with that, but when people say that they work for the «fullfillment» rather than the money… ehh idk about that

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
She's probably projecting her own insecurities. Most of the people who have taken the piss out of the way I look have been pretty ugly themselves.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I think that is her sick way of flirting with you. Most people will try to tear another person down when they are jealous of them. She is attracted to something about you she doesn't have. If she is married or has a boyfriend she obviously is not happy. If she is gay, I guess I would be wrong about everything unless you seem like a threat in some way.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
So my “manager” has recently made several offhand comments about me balding. Specifically mentioning “bald spots”. Now I don’t believe I actually have any bald spots, but these comments are pissing me off and I want to know why she keeps “joking” about this. I don’t know if she’s trying to be funny, but in what world is this funny? If she thinks I am balding then it’s bullying, if she doesn’t then it’s… what?! Do I ask her what she’s talking about? How can I confront her without it looking like she’s upset me? She’s tried this joke in front of other people and no one has laughed or joined in, and I’ve brushed it off as though she’s not said anything so far.
Lmao she knows you’re an incel

NamelessGhoul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bro Jesus christ, just say "yeah I'm balding apparently, oh well. lol." that's literally all you have to say. if she presses the matter further and starts actually callin' you out in a mean way, look at her, up and down, and pick something you deem unattractive or defective about her appearance and go to town. - preferably in a witty way lol.