What To Do About Hairloss - Diffuse Thinner - 23 Years Old?

shwareb

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, looking back I started losing my hair when I was 17 years old but I didn’t notice anything until I was 19. I went to a Doctor and one didn’t prescribe me with propecia and told me to accept it. I wasn’t so happy so I went to another Doctor who was willing to prescribe me propecia and by that point I had turned 20. I took propecia for a month but since I have OCD I quit after 1 month since I would constantly be looking after side effects ( gyno, ed, etc...) and it was quite tough mentally. Since then I’ve continued losing my hair and this is basically how it looks today - https://imgur.com/a/DxawpA1. First of all how bad is it and what do you recommend me to do? I’ve been trying to push it as much as I can but the degree of hair loss is getting too much and too depressing. My younger brother has worse hair loss genes than me but he started taking propecia and his hair loss has stabilised and his hair has thickened up. I’m scared of taking propecia again because the whole idea of inhibiting 70% of a sex hormone seems bad to me. At the same time honestly I don’t hook up a lot and so it’s not like I’m using my penis often haha but still feels strange. However I’m starting to think that perhaps I need to take an SSRI and together with that propecia. I guess it’s also important to ask - do you think it’s still worth it for someone with my hair loss to take finasteride? What can I expect?

Also how are future treatments looking - anything close on the horizon. Preferably not a drug but more like an injection or smth like that?

Appreciate you taking the time to read this and looking forward to your answers.

shwareb

Established Member
Reaction score
I should also add that after I dropped finasteride I went to the US and paid $5000 to do a treatment called Hair Regeneration (Acell + PRP) which sadly seems to have done absolutely nothing for me. Anyone thinking of doing this should reconsider.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair doesn't look too bad.. If you were on finasteride for over a month and didn't get any side effects I think its safe to assume you wouldn't have got them had you continued. Most people who get sides on finasteride get them fairly quickly ( within 2 weeks. )

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you recommend me to restart propecia?
Definitely. Its the safest effective treatment we have that actually address one of the main causes of hair loss.

shwareb

Established Member
Reaction score
I was holding out for better treatments but im starting to realise that this is just an illusion so I guess Finasteride is My only option....

Can I do Anything to improve my Hairline as ive heard that Finasteride cant grow hair on bald scalp.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was holding out for better treatments but im starting to realise that tjis is just an illusion so I guess Finasteride is My only option....
Tsuji is very real, and will probably be available in 10 years costing an arm and a leg. Its too far away for you to count on, finasteride is your best bet right now.

shwareb

Established Member
Reaction score
Tsuji is very real, and will probably be available in 10 years costing an arm and a leg. Its too far away for you to count on, finasteride is your best bet right now.

Yeah I was hoping more like 2020 and so I could wait 2 years. About the cost id just take a Loan or smth. Can I do anything for the hairline? Thing is I have quite a narrow long face and so I need as much hair as I can possibly get haha...

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I was hoping more like 2020 and so I could wait 2 years. About the cost id just take a Loan or smth. Can I do anything for the hairline? Thing is I have quite a narrow long face and so I need as much hair as I can possibly get haha...
Your hairline is still really good, I don't think you need any improvement there. finasteride might help a bit but don't count on it, its more of a maintenance drug.

shwareb

Established Member
Reaction score
Just took my first Finasteride pill again. Lets hope i thicken what I have and if I dare to dream get regrowth too Haahha!!!

Thanks for motivating me to try again Andy!

OfficialWater

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I should also add that after I dropped finasteride I went to the US and paid $5000 to do a treatment called Hair Regeneration (Acell + PRP) which sadly seems to have done absolutely nothing for me. Anyone thinking of doing this should reconsider.
A lot of people are skeptical on PRP and I am as well I don’t think they do anything major for that kind of money. You do seem to be thinning a bit but wasn’t really noticeable until you used flash because your hair is so thick. I’d get on finasteride to preserve your hairline.

shwareb

Established Member
Reaction score
A lot of people are skeptical on PRP and I am as well I don’t think they do anything major for that kind of money. You do seem to be thinning a bit but wasn’t really noticeable until you used flash because your hair is so thick. I’d get on finasteride to preserve your hairline.
Yeah bro it did absolutely nothing for me. A complete waste of hard earned money. Now I’m on finasteride though and hoping for some good results!

shwareb

Established Member
Reaction score
Btw when can I expect hair loss to stop or at least minimize in shower and stuff?

shwareb

Established Member
Reaction score
Btw guys, should I add minoxidil too? I kinda want to avoid topicals as they seem to be a pain in the *** - Much easier to just pop a pill!

shwareb

Established Member
Reaction score
Yo guys! Been on Finasteride for 5,5 months now and I think im shedding less hair now but considering switching to Dutasteride 0,5mg ED instead, since I havent’t really gotten any sides that bother me at all. Is that a good idea? Mostly I want to do this so that I can regrow some of my receded hairline.

These pics show my hair just before I started:
688D0BF7-A1F5-4F36-9FEA-CC46517C055E.png ED78E3FE-A333-4524-A030-43BC66853B70.png

And this is 5,5 months after:

BE711B72-B62E-4589-8063-D60DC1CD0636.png D4E2D13B-FD09-43D3-9943-D1FC810307CB.png

My only regret is I didn’t start when I was 18. Left it 5,5 years late :(

Is there any positive result?

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definently maintained and might've thickkened a bit.....stick with it because it'll only get better . This is to show people need to start at first signs of hairloss to save what they have.