What To Do About Hairloss - Diffuse Thinner - 23 Years Old?

shwareb

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it true that Finasteride 1mg ED inhibits
85-90% of 5 alpha reductase type 2 whereas Dutasteride 0,5mg ED inhibits 98-99% of 5 alpha reductase type 2?

shwareb

Established Member
Reaction score
So I got a prescription for Dutasteride today. Really the Doctor was clueless and just gave me what I wanted and didnt even instruct me on dosage. I’ve been on finasteride for 7 months and it’s going okay I guess. I sense some thickening but I want to get more regrowth especially on my receded hairline. I’m thinking of starting 0,5mg/ED from tmrw. What do you guys think?

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I got a prescription for Dutasteride today. Really the Doctor was clueless and just gave me what I wanted and didnt even instruct me on dosage. I’ve been on finasteride for 7 months and it’s going okay I guess. I sense some thickening but I want to get more regrowth especially on my receded hairline. I’m thinking of starting 0,5mg/ED from tmrw. What do you guys think?

Why don't you start microneedling + minoxidil for regrowth? It is alot safer than Dustaride.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont really believe that minoxidil works and neither do I believe in microneedling. Also it’s a lot easier and practical to just pop a pill.

So you just disregard an 343 pages long thread and all the studies that back it up? Bu yes, t it is less practical, but also less risky.

shwareb

Established Member
Reaction score
So you just disregard an 343 pages long thread and all the studies that back it up? Bu yes, t it is less practical, but also less risky.

Well it’s not backed my actual strong studies? I don’t know man I did the PRP thing for some time and lost 5k in the process... For absolutely nothing. So now I try to stick to treatments with a lot of science to back it! And the DHT effect is well known. How much higher are the risks of sides with dutasteride comapared to finasteride?

Hemanth IN

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it’s not backed my actual strong studies? I don’t know man I did the PRP thing for some time and lost 5k in the process... For absolutely nothing. So now I try to stick to treatments with a lot of science to back it! And the DHT effect is well known. How much higher are the risks of sides with dutasteride comapared to finasteride?
I compared pics from top, but both are captured at different exposures, manual exposure or locking exposure to level that looks like old pic will do the job, difficult to say any regrowth even after compared sides, temple pics are confusing! but its sure that there is not even 1% of hair decrease. I just imagined what would happened till now without finasteride & what about sides compare to 8 months back and now??

If finasteride is helping maintain same hairs, why dont it maintain same extra hairs after a SMALL regrowth after derma roller, unlike minoxidil which shred hairs after stopping it right? main thing dht do is it block blood to reach hair, derma roller helps it to circulate at least for temporary and finasteride won't help keep that temorary grown hairs? just a thought...

from crown to front(widow peak), is there any density difference? like less dense near crown, different dense near top center, front center....

shwareb

Established Member
Reaction score
I compared pics from top, but both are captured at different exposures, manual exposure or locking exposure to level that looks like old pic will do the job, difficult to say any regrowth even after compared sides, temple pics are confusing! but its sure that there is not even 1% of hair decrease. I just imagined what would happened till now without finasteride & what about sides compare to 8 months back and now??

If finasteride is helping maintain same hairs, why dont it maintain same extra hairs after a SMALL regrowth after derma roller, unlike minoxidil which shred hairs after stopping it right? main thing dht do is it block blood to reach hair, derma roller helps it to circulate at least for temporary and finasteride won't help keep that temorary grown hairs? just a thought...

from crown to front(widow peak), is there any density difference? like less dense near crown, different dense near top center, front center....

Hey man, I shed less hairs now - that I am very sure of. Also it does feel a little thicker but can’t say that I’m 100% sure of that. I’ve had no sides really that I know of. Had watery semen a couple of months ago but that disappeared.