What struggles are you going through right now?

SilantKiller

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Want to have a discussion about struggles due to hair loss and what are you doing about it at the moment, has it helped?

I'm sure this thread can benefit all of us.

I'll start.

I'm 24 y/o and I noticed myself losing hair last year but didn't really care too much because it was just a few strands of hair. It gets worse each day, but because I see myself every single day, i don't notice that big of a difference only until recently. Because of this whole COVID thing, I haven't been able to see my family and friends as often as I've used to. So when I do see them, some have started to point out that I look different. Like before, one person saying that I don't mind but when 4 or 5 people saying the same thing I start stressing...

Don't know if any of you have gone through this but this is also the reason how I found this forum.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would recommend investigating treatment options. finasteride & minoxidil are the main products but do come with potential side effects, also microneedling can be beneficial

Otherwise you can let it go & bald gracefully while your looks diminish

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, learn more about finasteride & minoxidil and see if they are good for you. Maybe you should also check out some other Hair Loss Cure, maybe it will work better for you, who knows.. It is really personal, and you have to do a research

Last edited:

jazz1

Reaction score
BIG3.

SilantKiller

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would recommend investigating treatment options. finasteride & minoxidil are the main products but do come with potential side effects, also microneedling can be beneficial

Otherwise you can let it go & bald gracefully while your looks diminish
Thank you, will do more research on these 2 but I'm scared to try because of the potential side effects =.=
Yeah, learn more about finasteride & minoxidil and see if they are good for you
Have you tried any of them?
BIG 3?

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally had sexual side effects taken finasteride , so I stopped after a month. Luckily I returned to normal more or less

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Used Finasteride for a year, didn't do sh*t except gave me gyno and PFS.

Have PFS for 4 years, had to run shitloads of androgenic herbs and inject HCG just to get remotely back to normal.

Now NW3.

Can't use anti-androgens when that's the only god damn thing that works (tried all the other bullshit, PGD2, ROS, antioxidants, WNT, IGF-1 etc.).

Can't use most topicals cause everything f*****g goes systemic.

Have thin donor area which can't do sh*t about either (no idea why it's thin, possibly thyroid, meds don't help, been that way since 20 y/o) so getting a transplant would be shitty as well.

So basically I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs while my hair rots.

How has your day been?

Paulito9x9

My Regimen
Reaction score
Speaking of struggles, I'd also like to share something. I was using minoxidil for about 5 years. At first it worked like magic and made my hair super thick. I gained about 2NWs. Two years into it my situation fell back to the baseline. Recently, I decided to have a hair transplant and had to put minoxidil on pause for over a month. When I started applying it again I noticed I wasn't feeling well. I have experienced minoxidil side effects at the very beginning when I disregarded the daily dosage so I know what they feel like.
I pushed on not wanting to lose my non-transplanted hair. Then a couple of days ago I woke up in the middle of the night with a panic attack. It was the worst thing that has ever happened in my life. I felt like I was gonna die. Then for two days I had waves of anxiety so strong I really wished I would die. All the while I suspected this was the infamous PFS crash because I also experimented with topical finasteride (got sides and discontinued it). The timing would more or less fit. This made my fear even worse because PFS is usually permanent.

Just in case I discontinued minoxidil completely and luckily my situation returned pretty much to normal. Thinking back over the last 3 years I suspect minoxidil was already taking its toll on me as my overall mental well-being deteriorated from very cheerful and driven to gray and dull.
I honestly feel so much better now that I've stopped using any and all drugs. It's like finally being able to breathe again. I know this will cost me a lot of hair and probably push me right towards a second hair transplant but I never ever want to come even close to what happened to me a couple of days ago.

Btw my theory is that minoxidil was being absorbed way too much through the hair transplant-disrupted skin. I could avoid applying it to the transplanted area but taking the last 3 years into consideration I don't wanna use it ever again.

Just a cautionary tale to share...

Ourkes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Losing hair for 10 years, still trying all kinds of treatments and sh*t, but finally set a date for a transplant to mid of next year. Gonna fight this till I die.
@karatekid

Good for you. There are so many options these days that if you really don't want to accept going bald, you can pretty much maintain a decent head of hair. Even a hair transplant coupled with SMP can do the trick nicely.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m going to kill my self, I can’t live with the constant shedding. I’ve tried just about everything.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I’m going to kill my self, I can’t live with the constant shedding. I’ve tried just about everything.
@bluecylone, before you go, see what happens if you just stop everything cold turkey.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
there are a few norwood threes here at the age of 16 or 17 and somehow they still go on with their life and dont say they're gonna kill themselves, theyre not even adults yet and they dont even have half the hair you have at age 40+ yet they are acting much more mature.

Do what @DoctorHouse says and go cold turkey atleast, who knows what'll happen.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I say go cold turkey and cut your hair short. Will make you calmer trust me

SilantKiller

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow based on all the replies it seems like it's better to stay away from any drugs...
The side effects are definitely not worth it!

Why can't there be a natural solution :(

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Used Finasteride for a year, didn't do sh*t except gave me gyno and PFS.

Have PFS for 4 years, had to run shitloads of androgenic herbs and inject HCG just to get remotely back to normal.

Now NW3.

Can't use anti-androgens when that's the only god damn thing that works (tried all the other bullshit, PGD2, ROS, antioxidants, WNT, IGF-1 etc.).

Can't use most topicals cause everything f*****g goes systemic.

Have thin donor area which can't do sh*t about either (no idea why it's thin, possibly thyroid, meds don't help, been that way since 20 y/o) so getting a transplant would be shitty as well.

So basically I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs while my hair rots.

How has your day been?
I hear ya.. with me it’s like if I’m feeling great/full of energy I’m losing hair. I try and use AA I get PVCS and look worse. I can’t use minoxidil really as any normal dose gives me anxiety and ages me like fk.. luckily I have enough donor for another FUE, after that I’ll try and use small amounts of liposomal duta.. hopefully in 8-10 yrs there’ll be a cure or it’s SMP.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have strange head so can't shave it off alsoy donor area is also thinned so no transplant. Only shi@y thing is could do is body hairs to head hair ,but it don't work unless you have some good hairs at back of head.

Now thinking about beard hair for hairline ,some back head hair for it also and body hair which I have countless to fill in gap.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
there are a few norwood threes here at the age of 16 or 17 and somehow they still go on with their life and dont say they're gonna kill themselves, theyre not even adults yet and they dont even have half the hair you have at age 40+ yet they are acting much more mature.

Do what @DoctorHouse says and go cold turkey atleast, who knows what'll happen.
I'm pretty sure the hairloss is just one of the triggers.

I was already depressed and suicidal before hairloss. Now it's just one more reason.