What kind of guns do you wish you owned?

Old Baldy

Reaction score
The Supreme Court of the United States and the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, in Heller and Nordyke, respectively, adamantly disagree with you Clay.

They both concluded, in no uncertain terms, that the 2nd Amendment gives the individual the right to own firearms for (1) self-defense purposes and (2) to guard against tyranny. (Even Obama agrees with that for pete's sake.)

Both courts also agreed those are good reasons to own a firearm.

Sorry but you anti-gunners lost and you lost BIG!! Thank God!! :)

Your "well regulated militia" argument has been thrown onto the historical trash heap so to speak. It is a red herring argument that has no substance. It was a silly attempt to narrow down a basic fundamental individual right so the anti-gunners could live in a police state. They failed and they failed abysmally in that silly argument. It took time but that argument is, as stated, in the historical trash heap. And will remain there forever.

The anti-gun Democrats (the old commie types like Schumer, Clanton and Feinstein) know it is political suicide to prohibit the ownership of semi-auto firearms. And the SCOTUS stated firearms commonly used and owned by millions of law abidinig citizens fall within the 2nd Amendment.

Btw, I should be getting my concealed carry license any day now. Now that's what I'm talkin' about!! :punk:

God I love the USA!!

Clay: Do you fear the guy/gal with a semi-auto rifle because you don't trust yourself with a firearm? I've found that most anti-gunners, if pressed real hard and answer honestly, fear firearms because they don't trust their own personalities enough to own one.

I've owned firearms for over 40 years now and never once tried to use them for criminal or careless purposes.

Go out and shoot a little Clay. You might be pleasantly surprised. :)

You'll find there ain't nothing draconian or evil about a semi-auto firearm. Quite the opposite I bet.

And finally, no, the military would have no chance in defeating an armed US populace in a nightmare "war against the government" scenario. They would be totally defeated in the long-term. Too many people with too many guns. I've heard this from lifetime military officers. They all stated the "military would have no chance in the long run".

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with hunting or sports shooting but you dont have to agree with it but it is there and for good reason

many of us outside of the US consider that supposedly good reason to be a bit tin foil hat'ish.

just sayin'

good for you

Im sure the people of Nazi Germany and China under Mao Se Tung had their hats on tightly

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
The Supreme Court of the United States and the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, in Heller and Nordyke, respectively, adamantly disagree with you Clay.

They both concluded, in no uncertain terms, that the 2nd Amendment gives the individual the right to own firearms for (1) self-defense purposes and (2) to guard against tyranny. (Even Obama agrees with that for pete's sake.)

Your "well regulated militia" argument has been thrown onto the historical trash heap so to speak. It is a red herring argument that has no substance. It was a silly attempt to narrow down a basic fundamental individual right so the anti-gunners could live in a police state. They failed and they failed abysmally in that silly argument. It took time but that argument is, as stated, in the historical trash heap. And will remain there forever.

The anti-gun Democrats (the old commie types like Schumer, Clanton and Feinstein) know it is political suicide to prohibit the ownership of semi-auto firearms. And the SCOTUS stated firearms commonly used and owned by millions of law abidinig citizens fall within the 2nd Amendment.

Btw, I should be getting my concealed carry license any day now. Now that's what I'm talkin' about!! :punk:

God I love the USA!!

Clay: Do you fear the guy/gal with a semi-auto rifle because you don't trust yourself with a firearm? I've found that most anti-gunners, if pressed real hard and answer honestly, fear firearms because they don't trust their own personalities enough to own one.

I've owned firearms for over 40 years now and never once tried to use them for criminal or careless purposes.

You'll find there ain't nothing draconian or evil about a semi-auto firearm. Quite the opposite I bet.

And finally, no, the military would have no chance in defeating an armed US populace in a nightmare "war against the government" scenario. They would be totally defeated in the long-term. Too many people with too many guns. I've heard this from lifetime military officers. They all stated the "military would have no chance in the long run".

sh*t I should just shut up and let you talk old baldy

:)

Good job my fellow liberty loving American

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with Old Baldy about anti-gunners not trusting themselves with a firearm...Ive had those debates many long nights and found that the person debating me was scared and did not want to own one.

It takes personal responsibility ot be safe and not a jackass when owning a firearm as does having a license to drive which I am sure kills more people each yr than guns = :bigun2:

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Old Baldy said:

God I love the USA!!

I've shot .22's and stuff like that before. I'm from a deer hunting state, I have no issues with plenty of firearms.
Assault weapons, automatic weapons... I just don't see the point.
I still don't see how anyone can argue that the second amendment says "firearms". It does not. It says "arms", and an Abrams tank is an arm.
Should a 10 year old be able to buy a gun? Should I be able to own a bazooka? Can I have a grenade? Should a criminal be able to buy a gun?
I realize that most gun owners are responsible and thats why I have no problem with most guns. I just can't see the point of owning an M-16, unless its to compensate for something...
I think arguing that the anyone should have access to weapons that they don't need is an extremist position. I think there's a comfortable middle ground, and for some reason, the gun people won't acknowledge that.
I also just can't understand the fascination with guns. I shot a handgun. It was ok. I don't need to do it again.
If you think you need to defend your home from an intruder, get a shotgun. Someone breaks in and hears you racking a shotgun, I doubt they're going to stick around to see if you'll use it.
I also don't understand living in fear of a break in. I live in a big city, I'm don't constantly think about someone breaking in. Its not something thats on my mind. I'm glad too. Paranoia isn't fun.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
We'll get these young liberals on our side one day Dblbass.

Aussia and ClayShaw are decent guys and I would hate to see them hurt because they didn't have the means to defend themselves.

Little by little, the younger generation, IMHO, has saved the 2nd Amendment.

It was the liberals in my generation who started that anti-gun hysteria (e.g., the Clanton era).

But their philosophy has been soundly rejected and I believe the younger generation had a large part in that rejection.

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
Old Baldy said:

God I love the USA!!

I've shot .22's and stuff like that before. I'm from a deer hunting state, I have no issues with plenty of firearms.
Assault weapons, automatic weapons... I just don't see the point.
I still don't see how anyone can argue that the second amendment says "firearms". It does not. It says "arms", and an Abrams tank is an arm.
Should a 10 year old be able to buy a gun? Should I be able to own a bazooka? Can I have a grenade? Should a criminal be able to buy a gun?
I realize that most gun owners are responsible and thats why I have no problem with most guns. I just can't see the point of owning an M-16, unless its to compensate for something...

well thats fine in that case the law agrees with you because you cannot own an M16 in the US unless you have a machine gun license for it

Old Baldy

Reaction score
No ClayShaw you can't have a grenade, cannon or other ordnance like that. The 2nd Amendment has never provided rights like that. No one has ever legally argued for those things.

Go out and shoot a semi-auto rifle. Just do it!! :)

Dblbass is correct, you CANNOT own an automatic firearm unless you have a special license.

Been that way since 1934.

Edit: I'm sorry Clay but semi-auto firearms are in common use and millions of law abiding citizens own them. The SCOTUS ruled for the legality of semi-auto pistols under that theory and would definitely rule the same for semi-auto rifles IMHO.

Sorry, but you just have to live with it Clay. That said, go out and shoot a semi-auto rifle. Start with the Ruger .22 lr semi-auto rifle. You'll enjoy it. Listen to Old Baldy!!

Edit: Start with this one Clay:

http://ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/FAFa ... &famlst=39

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
I ACTUALLY feel safer knowing millions of Americans are stocking up on firearms and ammunition

Smart they are ;)

sh*t I dont know when to quit

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dblbass128 said:
I ACTUALLY feel safer knowing millions of Americans are stocking up on firearms and ammunition

Smart they are ;)

You don't live in a city where kids are dying everyday...
Too much gun violence in this country. Too many kids die needlessly from guns, when they ought to be throwing punches instead.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
No ClayShaw you can't have a grenade, cannon or other ordnance like that. The 2nd Amendment has never provided rights like that. No one has ever legally argued for those things.

Go out and shoot a semi-auto rifle. Just do it!! :)

Dblbass is correct, you CANNOT own an automatic firearm unless you have a special license.

Been that way since 1934.

Edit: I'm sorry Clay but semi-auto firearms are in common use and millions of law abiding citizens own them. The SCOTUS ruled for the legality of semi-auto pistols under that theory and would definitely rule the same for semi-auto rifles IMHO.

Sorry, but you just have to live with it Clay. That said, go out and shoot a semi-auto rifle. Start with the Ruger .22 lr semi-auto rifle. You'll enjoy it. Listen to Old Baldy!!

Edit: Start with this one Clay:

http://ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/FAFa ... &famlst=39

I live in a city at the moment, so no need for a gun.
The situation in which I see myself owning a gun is if I live in the woods and need a .22 or a shotgun to scare off animals. Coyotes, bears, sh*t like that. Never would point a gun at a person under any circumstances, because I feel like if you do that, you better pull the trigger, and I'm not killing anyone. If I really had to defend myself, I'd prefer a baseball bat to the knees or something like that. Something less permanent.
You can't have an m16, but isn't an AR15 just a civilian copy of that? Or is it a copy of an updated (non-gas powered) version? My old roommate had an AR15. He used to point it out his bedroom window and "lead" people walking down the street. Creepy as f***. Don't live with him anymore.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
We'll get these young liberals on our side one day Dblbass.

Aussia and ClayShaw are decent guys and I would hate to see them hurt because they didn't have the means to defend themselves.

Little by little, the younger generation, IMHO, has saved the 2nd Amendment.

It was the liberals in my generation who started that anti-gun hysteria (e.g., the Clanton era).

But their philosophy has been soundly rejected and I believe the younger generation had a large part in that rejection.

Thanks.
I'm a little crazy, and if someone really attacked me, I'd go berserk on them, just not with a gun. Hockey stick, baseball bat, etc. If someone came at me with a gun... Maybe it's my time to go. The chances of that are just so slim.
Depending on which state you live in, that philosophy has not been rejected at all.

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
Dblbass128 said:

Smart they are ;)

Too much gun violence in this country. Too many kids die needlessly from guns, when they ought to be throwing punches instead.

guns dont kill people people kill people

I bet most of those guns were not legally owned

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dblbass128 said:
ClayShaw said:
Dblbass128 said:

Smart they are ;)

guns dont kill people people kill people

I bet most of those guns were not legally owned

Love that one.
They probably are not legally owned, but I bet 90% were bought legally.
We, as a country, are definitely far and away the leader in gun violence among industrialized countries.
A more accurate mantra would be, "Guns don't kill people, Americans kill people."
How should we stop inner city kids from killing each other at rates not seen in the rest of the civilized world? Or does it not matter?

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dblbass128 said:
well one way to start

stop the drug war

Wow.
You and I agree 110% on that.
Drugs legal=No market for illegal drugs=no killings over drug territory. Makes sense to me.
One last question. How do you feel about warrantless wiretapping?

The Gardener

Reaction score
Dblbass128 said:
well one way to start

stop the drug war
That won't happen. Due to the financial crisis, the narco trade is one of Wall Street's only remaining healthy sources of liquidity right now.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Dblbass128 said:
well one way to start

stop the drug war
That won't happen. Due to the financial crisis, the narco trade is one of Wall Street's only remaining healthy sources of liquidity right now.

What?
Can you elaborate?

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
Dblbass128 said:
well one way to start

stop the drug war

Wow.
You and I agree 110% on that.
Drugs legal=No market for illegal drugs=no killings over drug territory. Makes sense to me.
One last question. How do you feel about warrantless wiretapping?

Dood

Thats like the worst thing ever! Huge violation!

Sometimes I cant believe we let them do that...

Check out project Echalon looks like its been going on for a while

If you feel that way about this Im sure youll think differently about gun control

The Gardener

Reaction score
Sure....

Right now we are in a period of deleveraging and our banking system is essentially broke. People are hoarding cash, and withrawing their money from the capital pool because of risk aversion. So, you have the banks, who are starved for cash, and you have the narco trade, who are a massive multi-trillion dollar sector and are flush with cash, and are willing and eager to get the cash off of their hands and into the system so it can be laundered.

There's a reason why the offshore banking industry is thriving... it allows banks to take deposits from people who are seeking to avoid the prying eyes of governments. The narco trade is a major driver of this, in addition to illicit weapons trade, and all other manner of garden variety tax cheats, black marketers, the counterfeit goods industry, etc.