What kind of guns do you wish you owned?

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
God I love the USA. This is freedom baby!!

Freedom as long as the authorities give you permission and grant you a licence saying it is OK. :whistle:

Sure...freedom...

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
optimus prime said:
[quote="Old Baldy":2qldyn82]God I love the USA. This is freedom baby!!

Freedom as long as the authorities give you permission and grant you a licence saying it is OK. :whistle:

Sure...freedom...[/quote:2qldyn82]

they need to know hes not a felon in order to grant the license

You can be free with laws

this is why gun control doesnt work because you can still buy a gun illegally with no serial number if you are not a law abiding citizen. You could find one on the black market or smuggle in from Mexico if need be

Old Baldy

Reaction score
You're right Dblebass, I live in a "shall issue" State. I think about 42 States are "shall issue" IIRC. (Freedom baby!!)

(Only those States run by the sheep aren't "shall issue". But we're working on them and hopefuly they will see the light. Or maybe the sheep living in those States will move to the UK where they will be happy living in an oppressive, grotesquely overregulated society. :) )

I took apart the new revolver and gave it a little stoning here and there to make the action smoother then took it to the range. It shot very well and was "smooth as silk".

Of course, the first thing I did was disable the stupid internal lock mechanism which is known to fail now and then (i.e., unintentionally locks up the trigger upon recoil and renders the revolver useless just when you might need it most). Now I can carry that revolver and be confident it will go "bang" whenever I pull the trigger.

(You take apart the innards in order to access and grind down the "nub" on the flag component of the internal lock mechanism. That keeps the nub from engaging the trigger, [i.e., rendering the stupid internal lock mechanism non-functional]. Very easy procedure once you feel confident taking apart a S&W revolver, which is VERY easy to learn and do.)

On another S&W revolver, the flag was misaligned by the manufacturer and was gouging the side of the trigger. I removed the entire flag on that revolver due to misalignment and opened the trash can in the garage. I then whipped the flag like a frisbee and it went right into the open garbage can where it belonged. (You'd of been proud of my frisbee throwing accuracy! :) )

Optimus: Are frisbees legal in your country? My guess is no because it is probably considered a dangerous projectile. :dunno:

Oh wait, I'm totally wrong. Your country sells frisbees that hold joints. What a bunch of loons. (I did have to smile though at that frisbee sold in the link below. I wonder how it stays balanced in flight?)

http://www.redeyefrog.co.uk/Joint_Holder_Frisbee.html

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Only two guns I want is a .45 S&W police edition for home protection and a .22 pistol for target practice.

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
HKs are fine weapons. I adore the USP collection despite my hatred of the USP .45's mag release. I have to switch my grip on the full sized USP, whereas I'm able to drop mags fluidly on the USP Compact.

I can't wait to fondle the P30.

dsc9125copyzj2.jpg

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
On the full-sized USP .45, I can't actuate the mag release with my thumb without switching my grip, however, I can drop them with my trigger finger without switching grips, for the most part. I prefer to use my thumb, if possible.

Like I said, it's not an issue on the USP Compact 9/.40, though.

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
I've always been an XD guy. I recently sold this same gun.

sa-xd9.jpg

Springfield rocks. The ergonomics are best in class, the value unsurpassed and they stay trying to give away free mags. Highly recommended, for sure.

I find that I've graduated to hammer-fired pistols. With my XD, my first shot was always off, complete with front sight movement, whereas my ego-bruised second shot would always be money. With Sigs and HKs in single action, I seem to be avoiding the awkward sear break/recoil anticipation that I get with striker-fired products.

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
For sure. There's nothing like the single action trigger but I'd like the option of a DA rest. Most people seem to end up with 1911s... I'm not sure I'll ever be a fan of cocked and locked, plus no decocking mechanism.

Some of these "sporadic" urban digi patterns are slick:

stuff004_fixed.jpg