What Is The Most Effective Diet Plan?

INT

Reaction score
I have lost 4 stone 4lbs since the beginning of november on my diet of 500 calories for 4 days water fasting for three days. I really expected to have lost more than that tbh so im a bit upset, i was 16 stone 4 lbs now im 12 stone at 6 foot 2, i want to get down to roughly 10 stone which is where i used to be before starting certain meds. I think the water fasting isn't helping and my be hindering my weight loss so im going to cut that out. I have read in to the keto diet, not sure if i want to start it or not.

I hope you do realize that you are seriously hurting your body this way.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope you do realize that you are seriously hurting your body this way.

I haven't noticed any problems with my body, like i i said though im going to cut out the water fasting and eat the 500 calories those days instead. Plus im not going to have any cheat days where i devour everything in sight. lol

INT

Reaction score
I haven't noticed any problems with my body, like i i said though im going to cut out the water fasting and eat the 500 calories those days instead. Plus im not going to have any cheat days where i devour everything in sight. lol

Just because you are not noticing any problems does not mean you do not have any... Healthy bodies are wasted on people with so little respect for it...

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just because you are not noticing any problems does not mean you do not have any... Healthy bodies are wasted on people with so little respect for it...

The UK NHS just came out recently with an 800 calories a day diet to help people lose weight fast, think it was porridge and lentil soup if i remember right. I think roughly 300 calories below that is fine tbh but the fact you care enough about my health to comment is nice, thanks.

INT

Reaction score
The UK NHS just came out recently with an 800 calories a day diet to help people lose weight fast, think it was porridge and lentil soup if i remember right. I think roughly 300 calories below that is fine tbh but the fact you care enough about my health to comment is nice, thanks.

I would like to see this study. 800 kcals is very very low and you still manage to go almost 50% lower than that AND include water fasting... If you care ANYTHING about your health, stop this madness.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to see this study. 800 kcals is very very low and you still manage to go almost 50% lower than that AND include water fasting... If you care ANYTHING about your health, stop this madness.

What would you suggest instead? please bear in mind i can't join a gym so that is out of the question. Any calorie intake or particular diet plans you have in mind? Here is an article about the diet plan from the NHS, i didn't realize it was for people suffering from diabetes though lol https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46363869

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the reason why you cannot join a gym?

Mental health problems i wouldn't like to get in to, i do however have a cycling bike, treadmill and weights in the house, bought them but never used them for a prolonged period.

INT

Reaction score
Mental health problems i wouldn't like to get in to, i do however have a cycling bike, treadmill and weights in the house, bought them but never used them for a prolonged period.

I am a therapist so if there is anything you want to talk about let me know. I read back and saw that you mentioned that you had social anxiety, is this still the main reason why you do not want to go to a gym?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t want to lose weight. I look much better , when I have added muscle not fat. A high fat and sugar diet makes my hair shed. I’m going to try a legume based diet with plenty of veg and complex carbs.

Reactions: INT

INT

Reaction score
I don’t want to lose weight. I look much better , when I have added muscle not fat. A high fat and sugar diet makes my hair shed. I’m going to try a legume based diet with plenty of veg and complex carbs.

Same thing over here. My face is quite long and I am relatively tall. Going very low body fat makes me look older somehow and makes my face appear even longer.

Good luck on your diet btw. It is pretty close to what I eat these days. I get most of my calories from oats, nuts, beans, whole grain pasta and bread, lentils, tofu, peanut butter and eat a lot of cruciferous vegetables. Sure probably eat more fruit though but I eat quite a lot of blueberries in my oatmeal. Not gonna lie, in weekends I cannot resist big cheesy pizzas but hey, you got to live a little.

Tip: see if you there are any black bean or lentil pasta versions wherever you live. Bought some red lentil pasta which tastes pretty good and has 45 g of protein per 100 g. Also frozen vegetables are very convenient and cost-effective ways of getting high doses of good micros into your system.

Have been on this diet for close to a year and have never felt better and more fit. Only negative side effect is that a lot of greens can make me a bit gassy, which can be convenient when I want more space in the bar where I happen to be:).

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same thing over here. My face is quite long and I am relatively tall. Going very low body fat makes me look older somehow and makes my face appear even longer.

Good luck on your diet btw. It is pretty close to what I eat these days. I get most of my calories from oats, nuts, beans, whole grain pasta and bread, lentils, tofu, peanut butter and eat a lot of cruciferous vegetables. Sure probably eat more fruit though but I eat quite a lot of blueberries in my oatmeal. Not gonna lie, in weekends I cannot resist big cheesy pizzas but hey, you got to live a little.

Tip: see if you there are any black bean or lentil pasta versions wherever you live. Bought some red lentil pasta which tastes pretty good and has 45 g of protein per 100 g. Also frozen vegetables are very convenient and cost-effective ways of getting high doses of good micros into your system.

Have been on this diet for close to a year and have never felt better and more fit. Only negative side effect is that a lot of greens can make me a bit gassy, which can be convenient when I want more space in the bar where I happen to be:).
Blueberries are amazing. I eat loads of them, handfuls. It probably explains why i was one of the lucky few who didn’t catch a cold all winter.. so far :D

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello! What do you think about some healthy supplements and vitamins for losing weight? I would like to try some out

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello! What do you think about some healthy supplements and vitamins for losing weight? I would like to try some out
You think a vitamin will make you lose weight? Lol

Cut your calories and start running every day if you're actually serious about losing weight.

ashleysummer

Reaction score
I would avoid dieting at all. You should definitely try eating at least 1500 calories and focusing more on if you’re satisfied and eating mostly whole foods than how few calories you’re eating. Combining that with lifting will help you see results without having to be hungry or have a negative relationship with food. Be sure to take fish oil and vit D (read more on Canada Drugs)

Red cat

My Regimen
Reaction score
From all the diet plans, what is the most effective?
A high-protein, low-carbohydrate diet is the most effective diet for promoting weight loss and reducing hunger, at least in the short term, according to scientists.

jesonl

My Regimen
Reaction score
  • Count Calories. ...
  • Drink More Water. ...
  • Increase Your Protein Intake. ...
  • Cut Your Carb Consumption. ...
  • Start Lifting Weights.and many more you can add in your diet plan