What Is The Best Way To Deal With Depression?

Sijac09

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep your chin up mate. Best thing to do is to focus on something that will make you feel better I.e gym. Get in good shape and that will also make you feel better about yourself. There have been times where I’ve been really down, but keeping myself occupied and seeing my mates really helped. If you do wana chat anytime, just drop me a message

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fk it.Things are getting worse and worse.Obviously there is still a voice inside my head that is telling me go get a therapy but im just so lazy,unmotivated and disappointed in myself that I dont even want to do it.I guess that hate and disgust for myself replaced depression.
Im not even thinking about my future anymore,It all looks like a huge failure.Cant think of a single thing that would make me happy.Cant even sleep normally because I keep waking up.I hate every single meal that I have to eat,I even try to look away when I see myself in the mirror.
Probably looks pathetic when I do these ''updates'' but I dont care.Hopefully one day I can come back and laugh at this thread,but It looks so far away from it feeling this mentally and physically ill.

Last edited:

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
So basically for the past 4 years of my life Ive been dealing with extreme depression.I really cant remmember a day when I was happy.Depression made me a person that noone wants to be with,and I understand that because most of the time im angry and grumpy.And the worst thing about it is that it plays with my mind.I cant eat,im getting REALLY stupid and I have no motivation at all.Its really weird how I got into one of the best and if not the best uni in my country as one of the best students on the list and now I skipped one year because I literally cant keep up.This has nothing to do with finasteride because I started taking finasteride 5 months ago and im feeling the same.Looking at the photos of me from 2 years ago and now I look like I started taking crack.I feel like im not even a person anymore,I feel like im a shadow.Does anyone here take prescription drugs,and do they work?

meds and exercise.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fk it.Things are getting worse and worse.Obviously there is still a voice inside my head that is telling me go get a therapy but im just so lazy,unmotivated and disappointed in myself that I dont even want to do it.I guess that hate and disgust for myself replaced depression.
Im not even thinking about my future anymore,It all looks like a huge failure.Cant think of a single thing that would make me happy.Cant even sleep normally because I keep waking up.I hate every single meal that I have to eat,I even try to look away when I see myself in the mirror.
Probably looks pathetic when I do these ''updates'' but I dont care.Hopefully one day I can come back and laugh at this thread,but It looks so far away from it feeling this mentally and physically ill.

There is no shame in seeking help, it's a shame to sit like this to acknowledge the problems and do nothing about it, now this is quality wasted time that nobody is gonna give it back... Don't take me wrong, i ain't judging but nothing is gonna change until you take action, everybody that is in this situation or worse knows that and even if you know it, the majority just sits there waiting for that miracle that is never gonna come... It's sad and not satisfying but it's the reality unfortunately and the more time you waste, the harder it will be so keep that in mind...

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pregabalin(Lyrica) has helped both my severe GAD and depression in the past.
The initial 6 weeks of side effects are extreme though.
Each dose lasted about 16 hours...

CBD oil also works for both but not as well and only lasts 4 hours before redoing...

bennettaanthony464

My Regimen
Reaction score
This last tip should be taken seriously! We were once given dogs for a week in a therapy group, and after that half of them kept for themselves. It is important, of course, that the doggie helps you, and you do not harm him. For this, you will receive an inexhaustible supply of sincere love.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pregabalin(Lyrica) has helped both my severe GAD and depression in the past.
The initial 6 weeks of side effects are extreme though.
Each dose lasted about 16 hours...

CBD oil also works for both but not as well and only lasts 4 hours before redoing...

Pregabalin is great, how much do you take?

jjuliajul11

My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand you because I also had depression. All this happened during the pandemic. I was fired and I stayed at home all the time. I was very sad and I decided to fight it. I started doing sports at home 3-4 times a week and running almost every day. I also loved listening to music because it inspired me. I decided to try recording my own song. I used https://www.fortenotation.com/en/blank-staff-paper-manuscript-paper-printable-pdf/ to record notes and after few weeks I succeeded. It really didn`t make me bored but I also became interested in cooking and it turned out to be very simple and interesting! So find your hobby that will distract you from depression.

Last edited:

jensyy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only professional help needed in the cases like that. There lots of small regular things you can do to make it better : sports, meditation, long walks, spend time with your friends etc etc

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Access to both talking therapy and to a psychiatrist for possible medication also is key here as well as others maintaining it stigma-free for those of us who do need to access the security system some times. It is unfair to attack or criticize anyone in active therapy and on their meds as being "crazy" or "needy" or whatever and there should be no penalties related to those who seek treatment and then return, hopefully renewed and re-directed.

SamSteward

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sunlight can help boost serotonin levels and improve your mood. Whenever possible, get outside during daylight hours and expose yourself to the sun for at least 15 minutes a day. Remove sunglasses (but never stare directly at the sun) and use sunscreen as needed.

jensyy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sometimes we all need to stop for a second and think what is really matter in this life and what we really like doing. Maybe you like reading books and didn't do that for a long time? Cycling? Yoga? Meditation? There are so many simple things which can make us a happier person within few minutes, hours or days. For me personally the best ending of the hard day is a long bath with the essential oils https://volantaroma.se/ and candles. That is priceless and after that I feel myself like a different person.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sometimes we all need to stop for a second and think what is really matter in this life and what we really like doing. Maybe you like reading books and didn't do that for a long time? Cycling? Yoga? Meditation? There are so many simple things which can make us a happier person within few minutes, hours or days. For me personally the best ending of the hard day is a long bath with the essential oils and candles. That is priceless and after that I feel myself like a different person.
My way would be gang banged by 5 men at once and have them all fill me up.

mariawotters

My Regimen
Reaction score
I also had that time. It was very difficult for me and I did not know how to deal with it. On https://letsgradeit.com/best-homework-help-websites/ I found sites that help me with learning to feel better. It really simplified my day and I had more time to do sports or my second hobby - drawing. I also spent a lot of time with friends and parents and they didn't let me get bored. I even took a week off to take a break from everyday life and it gave me the strength to move on. It really helped me so try these ways too and I think you will be fine!

Last edited: