What Is The Best Way To Deal With Depression?

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try meditation. You might think it's esoteric bullshit but its positive effects on the human psyche have been backed up by science, plus buddhist practitioners are able to set themselves on fire without blinking. That's a pretty compelling argument for their ability to overcome suffering with mental discipline.
Ive tried it,Its just not my thing.Im currently trying to find what I actually like in life.

Did you try antidepressants? Are you potentially ready to go down this route?
Had problems with drug abuse before,dont want to do it again.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive tried it,Its just not my thing.Im currently trying to find what I actually like in life.
It's a life-long committment. You don't try it for half a week and call it a day it's not how it works.

Medication is not the same as drug abuse.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

You are not going to abuse anti-depressants lol mirtazapine and Bupropion are effective and have zero chance of messing up your libido, i have tried a lot of them. My experience with anti-depressants in regards to dick function has been pretty bad though, they messed my libido up way more than my current hair loss regimen ever has, whether it's not being able to get it up at all or even orgasm, sertraline was the worst offender for that.

Last edited:

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't drink alcohol ( this is the worst) exercise regularly and find as many hobbies as possible.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Best way to deal with depression:

# psychotropic medication: Most effective antidepressants are the irreversible non-selective MAOI: Nardil, Parnate (Seligiline to some degree). Also quite good: tricyclic antidepressants, especially Clomipramine and Amitriptyline. Combination therapy, e.g. Sertraline + Nortriptyline, can be quite good.

# Psychotherapy, Mindfulness, muscle relaxation

# You should have regular sleep, meals, sports and so on.

# Wake the demon inside you. Don't be too nice (listen to Jordan Peterson!)

# Analyze your situation, be honest with your analysis, implement changes.
my same answer, but yours is way better explained

ashleysummer

Reaction score
I am very sorry to hear that you are suffering from, I myself have anxiety and was on medication for 8 years. Therapy is the best thing - it is great to talk and I think you would benefit from that. Life is tough but you are still young and have so much to live for - keep going and I wish you well. Btw, have you ever thought about giving a try to CBD? It helped me a lot. Initially I tried CBD for pain, but discovered it worked fine for my depression.

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cigarettes, masturbation, sleeping, food, video games.

But seriously, if you have someone to talk to, you can seek professional/medical help from doctors/psychiatrist. Hold it all together brotha

INT

Reaction score
Well, there were a few studies done on psychotherapy and the conclusion was that all forms of talk therapy are equally effective / ineffective. It was speculated that it's the talking to a person that has "healing properties", not the form of therapy or contents.

I would like to see that study because it seems very unlikely.

INT

Reaction score
Why didn't you study a real science like medicine if you wanted to help people?

Because there are a lot of people with severe issues out there who need therapy to make up for all the messed up things in their head... but of course I don't need to tell you that... Btw, I now offer online therapy. Interested? You would be quite the challenge!

I wonder what comments I have made in the past that upset you so much. Is it because I despise incels? Because I actually have sex? Because I have hair? I remember that I supported you once when you were complaining about PFS side effects if I remember correctly

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because there are a lot of people with severe issues out there who need therapy to make up for all the messed up things in their head... but of course I don't need to tell you that... Btw, I now offer online therapy. Interested? You would be quite the challenge
Congrats, you reached the terminal stage of quakery with this business decision.
You haven't upset me, but a lot of psychologists amuse me as they are quacks led to such a field of study by their own insecurities and malfunctions. A guy who engineers Freud-like online psychogramms of other users in a hairloss forum and resorts to memewords like incel certainly qualifies for that label as well. I sincerely hope you are just bullshitting us and are not a real psychologist, otherwise I'd lose the little rest of respect for that faculty I didn't know I even had.

INT

Reaction score
Congrats, you reached the terminal stage of quakery with this business decision.
You haven't upset me, but a lot of psychologists amuse me as they are quacks led to such a field of study by their own insecurities and malfunctions.

Jep, not a generalization at all. Got any data to back that up? Let's dance.

A guy who engineers Freud-like online psychogramms of other users in a hairloss forum and resorts to memewords like incel certainly qualifies for that label as well.

I am here as a user of this forum, not as a psychologist doing therapy. Just like you probably(hopefully) behave different on here compared to how you do in your professional life (if you have one). If I solelylook at your posting history you qualify for a lot more labels than just that...

I need to resort to terms like incel on here so I can level with people like you who get the bulk of their vocabulary from reddit.

I sincerely hope you are just bullshitting us and are not a real psychologist, otherwise I'd lose the little rest of respect for that faculty I didn't know I even had.

No sir. And if you would maybe have a little more respect for that faculty you would maybe not write suicidal messages on a hair loss forum.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jep, not a generalization at all. Got any data to back that up? Let's dance.
Let's tango, you are the woman.
https://etd.ohiolink.edu/!etd.send_file?accession=antioch1473186387&disposition=inline
According to the review, 81 percent of psychologists studied had a diagnosable psychiatric disorder (a large percent were mild) which varied from substance abuse, mood, depression, anxiety, eating disorders and other personality dysfunctions.
Completely falls in line with my personal experience, I have met several.

I am here as a user of this forum, not as a psychologist doing therapy. Just like you probably(hopefully) behave different on here compared to how you do in your professional life (if you have one). If I solelylook at your posting history you qualify for a lot more labels than just that...
I am a marketing researcher/analyst. Before that I was a night guard. I can afford having a crude and cynical sense of humor and being polemic from time to time it doesn't affect my job. You being arrogant (how often did you mention your stupid degree until now...I have a higher qualification than you and don't boast about it all the time) and deeply judgemental, pigeonholing people's psychology by uncritically adopting unscientific buzzwords from an anti-male press and internet culture is something that is intrinsic to your character and simply not seperable from your work when you enter an intimate relationship with a person in peril.
I need to resort to terms like incel on here so I can level with people like you who get the bulk of their vocabulary from reddit.
4chan at the very worst, baby...and you didn't even address me with these buzzwords but other people as far as I remember.

No sir. And if you would maybe have a little more respect for that faculty you would maybe not write suicidal messages on a hair loss forum.
It will pain you to hear that I am back on track professionally and personally and truely happy again for the first time since about 2 years of very dark times. Therapy didn't do much, even though I thought my therapist was a very admirable guy...there is not much words can do for a person with a severe mental illness ...I got better exactly after seperating from my girlfriend and him going into parental leave for mental and physical reasons.

INT

Reaction score
Let's tango, you are the woman.
https://etd.ohiolink.edu/!etd.send_file?accession=antioch1473186387&disposition=inline

Completely falls in line with my personal experience, I have met several.

I bet you would want me to be the woman;). But I guess that in your position I would be happy to get my hands on anything that comes close to the real thing as well so... Who am I to judge?

I will gladly go over this research this weekend but that was not the point I am was trying to make. For the sake of arguing, even if this would me amazing solid science and I would have no other option than to accept its findings, what would it matter? What would it matter if many psychologists also have/had their personal demons? One could say that it would actually help them with their profession. Many of the most brilliant psychologists that have ever lived had mental illnesses.

I am a marketing researcher/analyst. Before that I was a night guard. I can afford having a crude and cynical sense of humor and being polemic from time to time it doesn't affect my job. You being arrogant (how often did you mention your stupid degree until now...I have a higher qualification than you and don't boast about it all the time) and deeply judgemental, pigeonholing people's psychology by uncritically adopting unscientific buzzwords from an anti-male press and internet culture is something

4chan at the very worst, baby...and you didn't even address me with these buzzwords but other people as far as I remember.

I mention my job at times on here, but rarely my degree. Other people on this forum bring it up more than me. You are a good example of that. (and yes I know I mentioned it a few days ago so if you want to be predictable you can post my quote here).
I usually only mention it when people talk about things that belong to my field. If you are arguing about marketing research with, let's say a cop, you have every right to say that due to your professional experiences you might be more knowledgeable than him (if you are able to back it up of course). Also you do get the irony that you are the one that is LITERALLY SAYING/BOASTING that he has a higher qualification than me even though you accuse me of it... Oh and please tell me what unscientific buzzwords from anti-male press I use btw:). Would love to hear some examples.

that is intrinsic to your character and simply not seperable from your work when you enter an intimate relationship with a person in peril.

It is almost like you are...hmm how did you call it again...deeply judgemental, pigeonholing my psychology? Second time that you accuse me of the very thing that you are doing. Also my, at times, 'arrogant' attitude towards butthurt users that talk out of their *** is my way of 'punching the bag' after work.

It will pain you to hear that I am back on track professionally and personally and truely happy again for the first time since about 2 years of very dark times. Therapy didn't do much, even though I thought my therapist was a very admirable guy...there is not much words can do for a person with a severe mental illness ...I got better exactly after seperating from my girlfriend and him going into parental leave for mental and physical reasons.

No I am glad you are doing well, as I have told you a long time before this little temper tantrum. I am glad that there are at least some signs of decency and common sense in the last part of your text. Not all therapies work for all illnesses/personalities. But to qualify the whole field of psychology as quacks is obviously a dumb thing to so say but you probably already know that yourself as well. We can continue this back and forth if you want but I kind of lost interest if I am honest.

Last edited: