What Is Looks Matched Anyways (word Count)

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd never teach in the UK.

In Vietnam the kids are a lot more eager to learn but in the UK half of them just want to mess around and disrupt the class. Inner city schools are the worst - and easiest to find work in - and you as a teacher are almost helpless because so many of the kids are screwed even before the age of 11.

Plus, the working hours are vastly different. In Vietnam I work around 30hrs per week in total, but in the UK it's closer to 60hrs.

60 hours a week?! That's too much. I always thought teachers have excellent work life balance. You mentioned that you want to get into marketing. I am not sure about the European universities but in the US English/Sociology majors have easier time getting into top MBA programs. GMAT requirement for them is more relaxed. The fact that you worked in a foreign country as a teacher will be seen as something positive as well.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's definitely a habitual behaviour. If all your friends want to date hot guys, it's very likely you would too.
Also people don't normally like to date down.

I never get the hot girls having hundreds of suitor thing. Majority of people are in a relationship if you look around. If a girl gets hundreds of suitors I'd question where she hangs around most of the time.

The only time I got hundreds of men going after were on dating apps and everybody knows men talk to everyone on dating apps ..

Yes, dating apps, the point is if you have a pulse, you have options. It is up to you to make better use of those.

ETA: pulse, female, and not in the bottom 25%.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's definitely a habitual behaviour. If all your friends want to date hot guys, it's very likely you would too.
Also people don't normally like to date down.

I never get the hot girls having hundreds of suitor thing. Majority of people are in a relationship if you look around. If a girl gets hundreds of suitors I'd question where she hangs around most of the time.

The only time I got hundreds of men going after were on dating apps and everybody knows men talk to everyone on dating apps ..
Statistics vary from country to country but in America and the UK the number of people who are single is around 40%.

That's a massive number of single people in one city at any given moment.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will say this and i don't really understand it (although i don't know the demographics)

there are a TON of single attractive men with really great professions and education--at least in my age range 40-50s--looking for committed relationships.

I don't know why and I am puzzled when people say it's so hard for women to date here--uhm no it's not especially if you have no kids.

Where do you meet this ton?

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
60 hours a week?! That's too much. I always thought teachers have excellent work life balance. You mentioned that you want to get into marketing. I am not sure about the European universities but in the US English/Sociology majors have easier time getting into top MBA programs. GMAT requirement for them is more relaxed. The fact that you worked in a foreign country as a teacher will be seen as something positive as well.
They do around 30hrs in class per week, but lesson planning, after school activities, and marking make it far worse.

The two big perks of being a teacher are - 10 - 12 weeks holiday per year and a good pension.

If you divide the hours of work they do per week with the holidays they may only work 40 hrs per week. But a lot of them get frazzled out just working two or three weeks of 60hr weeks in front of a bunch of rowdy teens.

Honestly, people are fleeing the profession quicker than the French army flee wars.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really, thats funny i think she is so beautiful but part of it is her performances perhaps 'enhancing' her beauty.

And to me he already looks 'aged' ...not sure how old he is but has not been around that long so assumed he is in 30s but looks 40s to me. Handsome but aged.

Wow, you know - I never realized until now that Fassbender is only one year older than me. I look way younger than him facially (not saying better looking, obviously, just younger). I just saw the latest X-Men movie last week and noted that he looked early-mid 40's due to his skin quality and some lines around his eyes. Surprised he's 39.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, you know - I never realized until now that Fassbender is only one year older than me. I look way younger than him facially (not saying better looking, obviously, just younger). I just saw the latest X-Men movie last week and noted that he looked early-mid 40's due to his skin quality and some lines around his eyes. Surprised he's 39.

Yeah but Fassbender looks like a god.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

You are American-Italian ? he's very Irish looking...Irish skin is kind of delicate to aging effects (generally speaking) compared to Mediterranean.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do you meet this ton?

I think a big part of this is men who are divorce and have kids--women don't exclude them as possibilities.

Come to think of it even my first lover was divorced.

Last edited:

frankwhite

My Regimen
Reaction score
This.

Honestly, coming from Scandinavia, every time I go to the US I'm always shocked at how poorly dressed and unattractive people in the states are.

Even in New York, which I would have thought to be a fashion/model mecca. Been there many times now and not impressed.

Haven't been to LA and Miami yet which are the other supposed hot spots though.

Gee, I'm just trolling brah. Let a guy have some fun. I find many of the heavy posters here cool, even if they are incel.

Besides, I'm preparing for incel life this year myself.

If you go to wealthy places in the usa (including the places where the rich tend to congregate in a given city) people are generally better looking than elsewhere. Slimmer, taller, more attractive, better dressed, etc. The top five percent or so tend to eat healthy food, get access to healthcare, exercise, keep up their appearance, and look pretty much the same as other people from first world countries. Meanwhile, the bottom ninety five percent are overweight and dressed like sh*t. Sad, but that's the way it is.

My opinion, all the women in this thread look really good. As a man, irl I don't look over women with a jeweler's loupe before deciding whether they're attractive or not. You take in the whole package - how they carry themselves, way they move, etc. There are women I've found incredibly sexy that weren't as objectively beautiful as a past girlfriend or whatever, but because of some quirk or another they really did it for me. Imo, with "looksmatching" it really comes down to ugly/average/beautiful, with all the usual variables and preferences thrown into the scale, and that's pretty much it.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Same here, my job just gives me a lot of free time during the day.

Aren't you working full time as X [I can't remember if you've publicly posted your occupation] making 100k+? You get lot of free time?

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Aren't you working full time as X [I can't remember if you've publicly posted your occupation] making 100k+? You get lot of free time?

Yeah, I work as a Computing Analyst. Basically my job is to build/oversee software applications for my organization. There is a lot of red tape and approval process for a software can take several weeks to a few months. So when I finish a project, I have pretty much nothing to do for several weeks to months except maintaining older applications. Since I have only been working for my current organization for around 2.5 years there haven't been many applications that require maintenance. Also, even when I am in middle of building a software, I pretty much decide the pace the software should be build. I decide my own deadline and delivery target. I love that about my job.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Now I understand why Americans are so obsessed with hair loss, it's because it's extremely rare there so it's seen as a horrible rare disease.

I barely even saw a young balding guy, even 60+ year old men had perfect NW1's. Felt so inferior and out of place.

I think a few Americans on this forum who traveled to Europe said they were shocked by the number of young bald men they saw.

Balding is less of a big deal to people in (mainland) Europe because it's so common. In the US though, game over it seems.

Now that you mention it, I can only think of one of my friend in the age group of 25-35 who stands out as bald. He is NW5 and shaves is head which looks good on him. My another friend is probably advanced NW3 or very early NW4 but he is not viewed bald because of the way he styles his hair. Rest of my friends are NW1's and 2's.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Now I understand why Americans are so obsessed with hair loss, it's because it's extremely rare there so it's seen as a horrible rare disease.

Maybe it's rare because people are obsessed. Meaning more guys treat it, and bald guys are less likely to go out because how big of a deal it is.

Just random musings though, no idea.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think a big part of this is men who are divorce and have kids--women don't exclude them as possibilities.

Come to think of it even my first lover was divorced.

I don't think single mothers are excluded either. I don't see single mothers as more likely to respond to messages (the way overweight women are) so it does seem they have just as many messages.

You see comments suggesting otherwise here but a lot of these posters are in their 20s.

jd_uk

Reaction score
The only looks matched Hollywood couple I can think of is A Jolie and Brat Pitt. I don't actually see strict looks matched.

I never found A Jolie attractive. Her very skinny legs were a big turn off to me. It's all BS..everyone has their tastes.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Imagine how easy it must be to g through life looking like Rock Cosnett:

cosnet__140125011632.png

latest

I had something weird happen to me in online dating the other day. I was texting this woman, and she mentioned something I was doing that she didn't like.

It's only the second time in my life that a female romantic prospect has bothered to mention something she didn't like and wanted to see adjusted. In a cruel way, this is actually a good sign, an indicator of progress.

[She said I use unusual language to describe some things and it can be off-putting. I told her I'd try and better explain myself, and later on she said yes it was helpful.]

The norm is for women to look for excuses to leave, and to leave no later than the first sign of trouble. I am not perfect, I am sure I have a lot of flaws or as Donald Rumseld would call them "unknown unknowns." However, women don't bother mentioning them.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
By contrast, life as a average/below average young man today is f*****g hell, like playing a videogame in hard mode with no weapons nor ammunitions nor armor. Game over assured.

Not quite.

Video games are intelligently designed rather than a product of evolution. That means that for all games, it is technically possible to beat the game (even on hard mode), as long as you practice, you make good decisions, you understand the game, and you're diligent. Real life is not that forgiving. In real life, you might fail no matter what you do.