What Is Looks Matched Anyways (word Count)

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only looks matched Hollywood couple I can think of is A Jolie and Brat Pitt. I don't actually see strict looks matched.

Guzam

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only looks matched Hollywood couple I can think of is A Jolie and Brat Pitt. I don't actually see strict looks matched.

That's because you're not gay and you can't assess effective male attractiveness alone. Looksmatching is a very interesting concept (heard it first from the Polar Bear) but it is theoretical and its level is inferred, not observed, unless you're a perfect bisexual.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the 1 to 10 scale is to discrete for looksmatching. Someone's 5 might be someone elses 7 etc.

But on a 1 to 3 scale it's easy to see how everyone is looks-matched. Ugly people with ugly people, average people with average people, beautiful people with beautiful people.

That rule is almost never broken.

Usually couples will be within 2 points on the 1 to 10 scale but as I said it's a bit subjective and so harder to confirm. But it's highly rare you'd see a (self judged) 5 with a (self judged) 8. Even taking into account the subjective difference in rating.

blackg

Reaction score
Among young people here in Italy, I rarely see looksmatched couples, the girl is always 1-2 points (at least) uglier than the guy. Always.

You're just a bad judge.

blackg

Reaction score
Looks matched:
742b0dfa035db0007c074e9fe119b0aa.jpg

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's because you're not gay and you can't assess effective male attractiveness alone. Looksmatching is a very interesting concept (heard it first from the Polar Bear) but it is theoretical and its level is inferred, not observed, unless you're a perfect bisexual.

Umm I just think attractive people always go out with slightly less but still attractive people. Google any hot Hollywood actress or actor. Their partners will almost always be less attractive. You see that a lot in real life too. I'd say there're a lot more looks matched couples among average looking people.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the 1 to 10 scale is to discrete for looksmatching. Someone's 5 might be someone elses 7 etc.

But on a 1 to 3 scale it's easy to see how everyone is looks-matched. Ugly people with ugly people, average people with average people, beautiful people with beautiful people.

That rule is almost never broken.

Usually couples will be within 2 points on the 1 to 10 scale but as I said it's a bit subjective and so harder to confirm. But it's highly rare you'd see a (self judged) 5 with a (self judged) 8. Even taking into account the subjective difference in rating.

Yeah I agree with you.
Strict looksmatching is just rare in real life.
Even in Hollywood, michael fassbender and alicia vikander. She's beautiful without a doubt but I'd say she's about 1-2 points below him.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's pretty impossible to achieve the so-called looksmatching.
It is a hypothesis by a scholar in 1966 (Elaine Hatfield)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matching_hypothesis

The matching hypothesis (also known as the matching phenomenon) is derived from the discipline of social psychology and was first proposed by Elaine Hatfield and her colleagues in 1966,[1] which suggests why people become attracted to their partner. It claims that people are more likely to form and succeed in a committed relationship with someone who is equally socially desirable. This is often researched in the form of physical attraction.[2]

Successful couples of differing physical attractiveness may be together due to other matching variables that compensate for the difference in attractiveness.[3] For instance, some men with wealth and status desire younger, more attractive women. Some women are more likely to overlook physical attractiveness for men who possess wealth and status.[3][4]

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I agree with you.
Strict looksmatching is just rare in real life.
Even in Hollywood, michael fassbender and alicia vikander. She's beautiful without a doubt but I'd say she's about 1-2 points below him.

I do not agree. When I see an attractive, successful woman in Italy (especially Milan, the capital of fashion and meanness), I can immediately tell you what her boyfriend will look like. Tall, NW2-, well groomed, nice car.

When the girl is less attractive (chubby or short), the boy might be NW2+ or short in his turn.

When a girl is "alt-indie", the boy will we "alt-indie" with a hipster beard.

There are exceptions: yesterday I saw a very beautiful girl with a boy who was NW5 not shaven. Ugly guy. It was a rarity. I looked at him better. It looked like he might have come from big money, given the way he was dressed. But I myself had to think she could do better.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not agree. When I see an attractive, successful woman in Italy (especially Milan, the capital of fashion and meanness), I can immediately tell you what her boyfriend will look like. Tall, NW2-, well groomed, nice car.

When the girl is less attractive (chubby or short), the boy might be NW2+ or short in his turn.

When a girl is "alt-indie", the boy will we "alt-indie" with a hipster beard.

There are exceptions: yesterday I saw a very beautiful girl with a boy who was NW5 not shaven. Ugly guy. It was a rarity. I looked at him better. It looked like he might have come from big money, given the way he was dressed. But I myself had to think she could do better.

I guess my beauty standards have become a bit too shallow and one-sided recently.
I always think what I wanted in a man is pretty much just what I have, a good job in smiliar industry, brought up in middle class family, similar hobbies (I ride horses and travel a lot) and equal attractiveness (based on public opinion) but then people were like "oh so you're just looking for what every woman is looking for. Your standard is too high". :(

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This, especially in Milan. Whenever I see a 6+ girl, I'm sure her boyfriend will be at least 2 points better, tall, fullhead, muscular, top tier facial aesthetics. And guess what? I'm always correct. Exceptions are rare, and there's always money and status in the picture anyway.

That just sounds like average Italian men are extremely hot

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Umm will have to go to Italy to find out :p
Surely if all Italian women are picky, there'll be loads of them left with average men

He's talking about hypergamy. The idea is that loads of average/below average guys have never had a girlfriend, yet most average/below average girls have had a boyfriend. Thus they are likely dating above average guys who don't mind shooting lower, whom have had multiple girlfriends in their life. Essentially most girls share above average guys as they go in and out of relationships.

I think it mostly only applies to sex though, or at least here in Ireland.

resu

Reaction score
It's when they look like brothers, I've seen quite a few couples like that and it creeps/grosses me out.

Other than that I always see a plain looking woman or worse with a guy without flaws aka a 7, it's total bullshit, first the tall guys came for the short girls and I questioned who's left to date if you're a short guy? I thought okay maybe lower the standards and look at women that aren't lookers or with flaws but the good looking guys came for them too and now the only ones left are fat women. You add baldness into the equation and unless you're prepared to start a family and or have tons of cash and is willing to do all her favors you're pretty much single for life.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
The whole looksmatched thing gets even more interesting if you take makeup out of the equation, as I'd say without it most chicks drop ~2 points on the 10 scale, and in extreme cases as much as 4

Straight men don't have the luxury of adding 2+ points to their looks so easily