What Is Indian Remy Hair? Better Than Normal?

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Manny007

The Walker 1522 tape is very easy to clean up. Kind of like removing a strong strip band-aid. Remember, everyone's body chemistry is different, it varies from person to person so you really need to do some experiments to found what works best for you. I'm so lucky that my body chemistry has been fine for all the adhesives and I haven't had any bad reactions or issues. I would only use Walker ultra hold for the days that go swimming, scuba diving or waterpark.....

@Hair Newbie where do you buy these tapes? can you please post link I found few ebay listings but not sure if they are authentic (I am looking for walker 1522 and walker ultra hold) want to try these 2 tapes

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for your detailed reply. That all sounds very technical to me, but it was an excellent explanation :) So in other words, Indian Remy is basically all just hype, and in reality is no better than normal Indian hair?

As for European hair, I'm going to try it on a custom system at some point and see what it's like. That's the only way to find out for sure I guess.

True Remy hair is better..... but once it's processed like ours is, it will behave more like Remy Hair. The only downside is it won't retain color as well as true remy.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for your detailed reply. That all sounds very technical to me, but it was an excellent explanation :) So in other words, Indian Remy is basically all just hype, and in reality is no better than normal Indian hair?

As for European hair, I'm going to try it on a custom system at some point and see what it's like. That's the only way to find out for sure I guess.

I would say that is an incorrect takeaway from what was written. Remy hair will look better, for longer. And what your stylist said about European hair was also incorrect.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
True Remy hair is better..... but once it's processed like ours is, it will behave more like Remy Hair.

So there is a difference between Remy hair, True Remy hair and Indian Remy hair? I'm slightly confused by the different terms.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
..They are nothing more than silicone. This is done to create a synthetic cuticle, around the hair..... you're essentially coating the hair.

I was wondering - are all hair systems of all hair types coated with silicone before leaving the factory, or only systems with normal Indian hair? I know Curtis from MHE says you have to wash a system before wearing it because of the silicone coating they put on it. My stock system had this coating and had to be washed to make it look softer and remove the artificial shine it had.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say that is an incorrect takeaway from what was written. Remy hair will look better, for longer. And what your stylist said about European hair was also incorrect.

Ok. It was quite a complicated explanation and I'm still trying to get my head round all this. I am disappointed my stylist gave me incorrect information regarding European hair too. I am planning on trying out both Indian Remy and European in some custom systems within the next few months to see what they're like and which one I think works best for me. I guess that's the only true way to know.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok. It was quite a complicated explanation and I'm still trying to get my head round all this. I am disappointed my stylist gave me incorrect information regarding European hair too. I am planning on trying out both Indian Remy and European in some custom systems within the next few months to see what they're like and which one I think works best for me. I guess that's the only true way to know.

No worries, the price for Remy hair should not be significantly higher than regular Indian, same for European hair.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Hair Newbie where do you buy these tapes? can you please post link I found few ebay listings but not sure if they are authentic (I am looking for walker 1522 and walker ultra hold) want to try these 2 tapes

I don't have any particular sellers. I'm not worried about getting fake tapes from amazon or ebay causes the real one is pretty cheap already. Online crooks selling counterfeit goods are targeted easy made high-profit items. I think its easier to make fake adhesives than tapes and adhesive are more profitable for counterfeit crooks. You can buy directly from Walker's official website too.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't have any particular sellers. I'm not worried about getting fake tapes from amazon or ebay causes the real one is pretty cheap already. Online crooks selling counterfeit goods are targeted easy made high-profit items. I think its easier to make fake adhesives than tapes and adhesive are more profitable for counterfeit crooks. You can buy directly from Walker's official website too.

Walkers only sells online to wholesale customers. The best options are Amazon or HairDirect.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the subject of fakes, I emailed Walker Tape and they said they have a list of approved distributors and salons in different countries. So if you're worried about fakes I'd suggest emailing the relevant manufacturers and asking whether the sellers you're thinking of buying from are genuine or not.

Noah

Reaction score
I was wondering - are all hair systems of all hair types coated with silicone before leaving the factory, or only systems with normal Indian hair? I know Curtis from MHE says you have to wash a system before wearing it because of the silicone coating they put on it. My stock system had this coating and had to be washed to make it look softer and remove the artificial shine it had.

In my experience it is all of them, but if you are ordering a custom European hair system you can probably make a special request that they don't add the silicone.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
On the subject of fakes, I emailed Walker Tape and they said they have a list of approved distributors and salons in different countries. So if you're worried about fakes I'd suggest emailing the relevant manufacturers and asking whether the sellers you're thinking of buying from are genuine or not.
Even though they recently increased prices about 50% across the board for supplies.......................understandably, as they were absurdly dirt-cheap before. Hairdirect is still the best place to get supplies. They are the largest supplier in the world (fresh stock), and offer free shipping with $50 purchases..... Lastly, any product you're not completely satisfied with they will pay to ship back and refund your money.

rme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even though they recently increased prices about 50% across the board for supplies.......................understandably, as they were absurdly dirt-cheap before. Hairdirect is still the best place to get supplies. They are the largest supplier in the world (fresh stock), and offer free shipping with $50 purchases..... Lastly, any product you're not completely satisfied with they will pay to ship back and refund your money.
I very reccomend the hairdirect!!! +++